X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] noitaminA properties licensed/unlicensed in North America

Widgets Magazine
    Series that has aired on the noitaminA block
    http://noitamina.tv/ / http://noitamina.tv/archive.html / http://noitamina.tv/index_en.html
    • Honey and Clover | licensed by Viz Media and released on DVD
    • Paradise Kiss | previously licensed by Geneon Ent. USA and released on DVD
    • Ayakashi - Samurai Horror Tales | previously licensed by Geneon Ent. USA and released on DVD; licensed in Australia (by Siren Visual, released on DVD)
    • Jyu-Oh-Sei: Planet of the Beast King | licensed by FUNimation and released on DVD (on S.A.V.E. line)
    • Honey and Clover II | licensed by Viz Media and released on DVD
    • Hataraki Man | unlicensed
    • Nodame Cantabile | unlicensed; currently streaming @ Crackle.com with the with English dub
    • Mononoke | unlicensed; licensed in Australia (by Siren Visual)
    • Moyashimon | unlicensed; currently streaming on Crunchyroll
    • Hakaba Kitaro | unlicensed; licensed in Australia (by Siren Visual)
    • Library War (Toshokan Sensou) | unlicensed
    • Antique Bakery | licensed by Right Stuf / Nozomi Ent. and released on DVD
    • Nodame Cantabile: Paris Chapter | unlicensed
    • Genji Monogatari Sennenki | unlicensed
    • Eden of the East | licensed by FUNimation and released on DVD, Blu-ray
    • Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 | licensed by Maidan Japan and to be released on DVD, Blu-ray
    • Kuuchuu Buranko (Welcome to Irabu's office) | unlicensed; licensed in Australia (by Siren Visual, released on DVD)
    • Nodame Cantabile: Finale | unlicensed
    • House of Five Leaves | licensed by NIS America and released on DVD
    • The Tatami Galaxy | unlicensed; FUNimation has streaming license and currently streaming; licensed in Australia (by Siren Visual, released on DVD) and previously UK (by Beez Ent., released on DVD)
    • Moyashimon (live-action) | unlicensed; FUNimation has streaming license and currently streaming
    • Shiki | licensed by FUNimation and released on DVD, Blu-ray
    • Princess Jellyfish (Kuragehime) | licensed by FUNimation and released on DVD, Blu-ray
    • Fractale | licensed by FUNimation and released on DVD, Blu-ray
    • Wandering Son (Hourou Musuko) | unlicensed
    • [C] - Control - The Money and Soul of Possibility | licensed by FUNimation and released on DVD, Blu-ray
    • anohana - The Flower We Saw That Day (Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai) | licensed by NIS America and released on DVD, Blu-ray
    • bunny drop (Usagi Drop) | licensed by NIS America and released on DVD, Blu-ray
    • No. 6 | licensed by Sentai Filmworks and released on DVD, Blu-ray
    • UN-GO | licensed by Sentai Filmworks and released on DVD, Blu-ray
    • Guilty Crown | licensed by FUNimation and to be released on DVD, Blu-ray
    • Thermae Romae | licensed by Discotek Media and to be released on DVD
    • Black Rock Shooter | unlicensed; series was previously streaming on NicoNico & FUNimation.com; licensed in Australia (by Siren Visual, released on DVD) and UK (by Manga UK, to be released on DVD)
    • Kids on the Slope (Sakamichi no Apollon) | licensed by Sentai Filmworks and to be release don DVD, Blu-ray
    • tsuritama | licensed by Sentai Filmworks
    • Natsuyuki Rendezvous | licensed by Sentai Filmworks and to be released on DVD
    • Moyashimon Returns | unlicensed; currently streaming on Crunchyroll
    • PSYCHO-PASS | licensed by FUNimation; will be released on DVD, Blu-ray
    • Robotics;Notes | license by FUNimation; will be dubbed
    • Katanagatari [rerun] | licensed by NIS America and released on DVD, Blu-ray
    • AnoHana [rerun] | licensed by NIS America and released on DVD, Blu-ray
    • Silver Spoon (Gin no Saji) | licensed by Aniplex of America

Upcoming series (info may be subjected to change)
    • Galileo Donna
    • Samurai Flamenco
    Last edited by WTK; 07-15-2013, 05:55 PM.

Re: noitaminA properties licensed/unlicensed in North America

Not sure if you want to add in the information to this list, but I've translated 100% of Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 for Fuji Creative, so although it remains unlicensed, both the compilation movie and all television episodes have fully finished subtitle scripts. (Here that, prospective licensors?!)

Comment

Originally posted by Quarkboy View Post
      Not sure if you want to add in the information to this list, but I've translated 100% of Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 for Fuji Creative, so although it remains unlicensed, both the compilation movie and all television episodes have fully finished subtitle scripts. (Here that, prospective licensors?!)
      That's interesting. I wonder why it was never streamed/simulcasted. Maybe it would be Siren Visual (since they supposedly have a few more noitaminA properties to announce later this year that are unreleased in the west).

Comment

Not sure if you want to add in the information to this list, but I've translated 100% of Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 for Fuji Creative, so although it remains unlicensed, both the compilation movie and all television episodes have fully finished subtitle scripts. (Hear that, prospective licensors?!)
        They might want to have it checked by an editor though.

Comment

Well, the next license I would like the most is without doubt, Hourou Musuko!

Comment

Out of all of these titles, just about anything I would have been interested in has already been licensed. So that's good for me in regards to noitaminA series. Not to mention they've mostly been handled by Funi and NISA, but Sentai has a couple recent pick ups that are good to me as well.
            Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
            Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

I desperately would like to see Mononoke licensed. I've always wondered if the reason it wasn't licensed anywhere was because of Toei. However Ayakashi was licensed, I wonder what makes Mononoke different? Maybe they asked for more money because it sold so well in Japan?

Comment

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
                Out of all of these titles, just about anything I would have been interested in has already been licensed.
                Ditto for me, except Nodame Cantabile, which I would likely buy if it got a proper domestic license. Most of the rest I haven't seen any of it. Those two that I have, Hourou Musuko and Black Rock Shooter, I do think really deserve to be licensed but I'm not sure I would buy them if they were.

Comment

The Tatami Galaxy was also licensed in the UK (apparently most Beez licenses have reverted to licensor at least temporarily) but is still available.

Comment

I have the feeling BRS will end up getting an Aniplex "R1" release with just the subbed Blu-rays despite Funimation having the stream rights...
                    "I'm sorry, did you say something? Because your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass."
                    Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table~
                    Avatar: Grown up Yue Ayase from Negima.

Comment

Well, I wonder if Fuji Creative might be a little hesitant to license Tokyo Magnitude out still, considering what it's about and what actually happened last year.
                      Come Visit The Land of Obscusion... Maybe you missed a title the first time around.
                      Forum Avatar: Hareluya Hibino & Kiyoshiro Okamoto from Hareluya II BطY / Blog Avatar: Michiru Yamane & Makoto Ichijo from Hareluya II BطY

Comment

Originally posted by LordGeo View Post
                        Well, I wonder if Fuji Creative might be a little hesitant to license Tokyo Magnitude out still, considering what it's about and what actually happened last year.
                        U.S. companies might be a little hesitant to ask for it as well, even if they were interested; it might not be considered in the best of taste to try to get it even now (since it hasn't been that long since the quake). That assumes that anyone might be interested in the first place, though.

Comment

Tatami Galaxy and Mononoke licensed and released on BD are what I want most. The Japanese BD for Mononoke included the Goblin Cat arc of Ayakashi, so I'd at least want that too. I haven't seen them yet but I'm also interested in Trapeze, Hakaba Kitaro, Genji Monogatari Sennenki, Moyashimon, and maybe Library War.

Paradise Kiss should be rescued too, I own it but it's a quality show that shouldn't be OOP.
                          Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

So the list has one update. Natsuyuki Rendezvous got licensed by Sentai Filmworks. Will the other new summer series: Moyashimon Returns get licensed by someone?

Comment

Revisiting this thread again. Thermae Romae gets picked up by Discotek Media. FUNimation has streaming rights for PSYCHO-PASS and Robotics;Notes (and will likely announce home video rights later on). Will we see more noitaminA license announcements before 2012 ends?

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X