X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Unreleased FUNimation Licenses Updates Thread

Originally posted by WTK View Post
    https://twitter.com/giapet/status/662420294263377920
    Big News time: later this month I will leave Funimation and join the brand team at ZeniMax, parent to Bethesda Softworks!
    Seems like it was only a year or two ago that Gia even joined Funimation. The Funimation exodus continues...

Comment

^ It kinda makes you wonder what the heck is going on behind the scenes, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
        ^ It kinda makes you wonder what the heck is going on behind the scenes, doesn't it?
        If the Glass Door reviews are any indication, seems a lot of people aren't happy with their situation at the company. Not sure if it entirely related to her moving out of the company, but still worth mentioning.

Comment

It is wierd to see 3 people leaving a company get suddenly called an exodious because there are 8 leaving my job. So that must mean something terrible is happening behind the scenes... But seriously people can we stop with stupid speculation as that is all this is. People find new jobs all the time it means nothing until we get solid proof otherwise. In my opinion people need to stop using glass door as their unverified proof of something dubious happening and just admit that they are using it to verify their own discontent with Funimation as a customer. This reminds of when EA gets called the worst company in the world over others like Comcast and BP oil.
          Last edited by Tmaxxer; 11-07-2015, 10:41 AM.

Comment

In my opinion people need to stop using glass door as their unverified proof of something dubious happening and just admit that they are using it to verify their own discontent with Funimation as a customer.
            Err... I hadn't even heard of the site until today. There are only two posts in this forum that even mention it, I'm currently looking at them, and you're the only one acting discontented.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmaxxer View Post
              It is wierd to see 3 people leaving a company get suddenly called an exodious because there are 8 leaving my job. So that must mean something terrible is happening behind the scenes... But seriously people can we stop with stupid speculation as that is all this is. People find new jobs all the time it means nothing until we get solid proof otherwise. In my opinion people need to stop using glass door as their unverified proof of something dubious happening and just admit that they are using it to verify their own discontent with Funimation as a customer. This reminds of when EA gets called the worst company in the world over others like Comcast and BP oil.
              And yet we're supposed to take your oddly agitated and equally baseless assertion that everything is fine as being the more correct view. Got it.
              asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
              Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
              Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                Originally posted by Tmaxxer View Post
                And yet we're supposed to take your oddly agitated and equally baseless assertion that everything is fine as being the more correct view. Got it.
                Hmm... You're right reading that over again it does read rather hostile. My apologies it was never supposed to read that way.

Comment

This Funimation departure had been tweeted back in July: (Stephen Hoff, audio engineer)
                  https://twitter.com/nonamehoff/statu...08185804619776

Today is my last day @Funimation. It has been an adventure to say the least. I have met and worked with some amazing people. Its been fun

Comment

Okay I'm not an admin or anything but I thought this thread was for "Funimation licenses" not "who is leaving Funimation" thread.
                    "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Originally posted by Diakia89 View Post
                      Okay I'm not an admin or anything but I thought this thread was for "Funimation licenses" not "who is leaving Funimation" thread.
                      It's not entirely related to the topic at hand, but we also don't have a general FUNimation discussion thread (to my knowledge), so mentioning this here or there I would assume wouldn't be a problem. But eh...

Comment

Just one more question, I noticed on Psycho Pass 2 that they said includes broadcast dubs, but I'm curious is Funimation only using the Broadcast dub audio or would they possibly have some of the actors fix a couple of lines for QC? Or is that not happening

Comment

Originally posted by Jack View Post
                          Just one more question, I noticed on Psycho Pass 2 that they said includes broadcast dubs, but I'm curious is Funimation only using the Broadcast dub audio or would they possibly have some of the actors fix a couple of lines for QC? Or is that not happening
                          They haven't solicited a release for season 2 yet, or even the extended edition of season 1 so we wont know until then. I would say to look at previously released broadcast dubbed shows on home video, but seeing as Psycho Pass 2 was part of the first set of shows of it, it wouldn't apply. I personally hope they do rerecord lines for any glaring mistakes or consistency issues.
                          My Anime List
                          Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

FUNimation has an industry panel tomorrow at Daisho Con (Wisconsin Dells, WI). I wouldn't expect any new announcements though.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015/...own-daisho-con
                            UNimation Industry Panel | Saturday, November 21st | 1:00pm – 2:00pm | Panel Room 3

Comment

FUNimation will have an industry panel at Anime Matsuri Hawaii.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015/...matsuri-hawaii
                              FUNimation Industry Panel | Saturday, November 28th | 2:00pm – 3:00pm | Panel Room 1 (Room 311)

Comment

The first 2016 industry panel is later tonight @ IKKiCON.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/...-us-at-ikkicon
                                FUNimation Industry | Friday | 8:30pm – 10pm

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X