Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unreleased Discotek Media / Eastern Star Licenses Updates Thread

via Discotek Media Facebook page
    We've received the list of available street dates for next year from our distributor. In the next couple weeks we will start picking the dates for the unreleased titles we have licensed. When the dates are picked they will be listed here. Also there should be some very big licensing announcements in the coming weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
      We've received the list of available street dates for next year from our distributor. In the next couple weeks we will start picking the dates for the unreleased titles we have licensed. When the dates are picked they will be listed here. Also there should be some very big licensing announcements in the coming weeks.
      I'm looking forward to it; I'm curious to see what Discotek has in store.

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
        I'm looking forward to it; I'm curious to see what Discotek has in store.
        Same here. I'm not sure what qualifies as "very big" announcements" (LoGH license would definitely be one, but I don't think that's it), but I'm definitely curious the possibility of multiple licenses.

Comment

Same here. I'm not sure what qualifies as "very big" announcements" (if they can pull out a LoGH license that would definitely be one), but I'm definitely curious the possibility of multiple licenses.
          That's always very hard for me to gauge, too; I can think of titles that would definitely constitute "very big" license announcements in a fairly objective sense (like a license of Macross: Do You Remember Love or LoGH), but those are all virtually impossible to license (which is part of why they'd be such a big deal in the first place). Anything else would be more subjective; I know of titles that would be a big deal to me, but that's not the same as Discotek considering them "big".

Comment

Discotek is probably the only company that can say stuff like that and honestly have me be really excited and anxious right now. I can't to find out what other licenses are going their way.
            Come Visit The Land of Obscusion... Maybe you missed a title the first time around.
            Forum Avatar: Hareluya Hibino & Kiyoshiro Okamoto from Hareluya II BطY / Blog Avatar: Michiru Yamane & Makoto Ichijo from Hareluya II BطY

Comment

People were making some guesses about new licenses on Discotek's Facebook page, and after a whole bunch of guesses by various people, including...

more Lupin
              Legend of Galactic Heroes
              Phoenix movies
              Patlabor OVA/TV
              Space Adventure Cobra TV
              various Saint Seiya series
              Ashita no Joe
              Maison Ikkoku
              Lensman
              Kimagure Orange Road
              Urusei Yatsura
              Heavy Metal L-Gaim
              Giant Gorg
              Ashita no Nadja
              Ringing Bell

Discotek posted and commented "No ones guessed the next new license yet", so there's some titles that can be ruled out. However, they did add this: "There will be more Lupin but thats not in the next batch of announcements. We're going to try and release as much Lupin as possible in the future."

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
                more Lupin
                Legend of Galactic Heroes
                Phoenix movies
                Patlabor OVA/TV
                Space Adventure Cobra TV
                various Saint Seiya series
                Ashita no Joe
                Maison Ikkoku
                Lensman
                Kimagure Orange Road
                Urusei Yatsura
                Heavy Metal L-Gaim
                Giant Gorg
                Ashita no Nadja
                Ringing Bell
                Here are the other ones that were listed there...

Angel Cop
                Silent Mobius
                Nightwalker
                Dokkiri Doctor
                Tekken the Motion Picture
                Sonic Soldier Borgman
                Usavich
                Goku Midnight Eye
                Grey: Digital Target
                Peacock King
                Gatchaman '94
                Mind Game
                Dog of Flanders
                Maze
                The Violinist of Hameln
                Discotek posted and commented "No ones guessed the next new license yet", so there's some titles that can be ruled out. However, they did add this: "There will be more Lupin but thats not in the next batch of announcements. We're going to try and release as much Lupin as possible in the future."
                No surprises here (not the part that it won't be announced next). I do hope that the second TV series would be next. Anything unlicensed before will be good too.

Comment

Looks like the most recent announcement wasn't even anime at all. Discotek picked up the live-action Yatterman film.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...yatterman-film
                  What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

Did Lilly C.A.T. ever receive a hybrid DVD release? There's one I'd love to see Discotek announce.

Comment

Originally posted by tigeress02 View Post
                      Looks like the most recent announcement wasn't even anime at all. Discotek picked up the live-action Yatterman film.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...yatterman-film
                      They never said it was going to be anime licenses. They didn't say this license was part of the "very big" licenses either. In any case, the existing discussion thread for the LA Yatterman film can be found here: LINK.

Comment

Originally posted by Takeyo View Post
                        Did Lilly C.A.T. ever receive a hybrid DVD release? There's one I'd love to see Discotek announce.
                        From the looks of it, just VHS release.

Comment

Originally posted by Takeyo View Post
                          From the looks of it, just VHS release.
                          Yeah that was a Streamline Pictures VHS only release from back in the day.
                          Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
                          Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
                          Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

I don't think this company is going to do BDs on a more frequent basis for at least another year, judging by their comments on how hard it is for them to do BDs.

In that case, I'd prefer they stick to older releases because I'm better able to accept them on DVD, but I can understand the allure of releasing a new one every once in a while to keep the bills paid.

Comment

- When will next month's updates begin? This wait is causing me to spin. How many months will this update cover again?

- hopefully we will have some news in mid october. we have to get the front covers ready and get them all approved first. then the dates will be set. it will probably cover a few months.

Comment

The Violinist of Hameln
                                Lotta good shows in that list, but this is what I really want for christmas!
                                I think Asimov wrote the manual to my microwave. It's 600 pages long, but I've read it twice and lent it to three of my friends.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X