Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unreleased Discotek Media / Eastern Star Licenses Updates Thread

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
    You would be correct. As this post on their facebook page states they are planning November for the first set of Samurai Pizza Cats if they get the masters they need in the next two weeks.
    So they haven't received their masters. Yeah, I don't see this getting released in November (with only two weeks left). It shouldn't be surprising since a JP DVD-Box is getting released on August 8th.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
      You would be correct. As this post on their facebook page states they are planning November for the first set of Samurai Pizza Cats if they get the masters they need in the next two weeks.
      So they haven't received their masters. Yeah, I don't see this getting released in November (with only two weeks left). It shouldn't be surprising since a JP DVD-Box is getting released on August 8th.
      If the Japanese want a delay they could just release the English version first (since the R2 set is Japanese only) and do the Subtitled release next year.

Comment

Originally posted by TAS View Post
        If the Japanese want a delay they could just release the English version first (since the R2 set is Japanese only) and do the Subtitled release next year.
        But can they release an English version without the masters?

Comment

Apart from GE999:ES, nothing here I really want.

Comment

So, that being the case, it makes me wonder whether they have something else lined up as a potential November release (in case they don't get the Samurai Pizza Cats masters in time), or whether Nemo would be their only title for the month.

Comment

Originally posted by TAS View Post
              But can they release an English version without the masters?
              Wouldn't the English version come on different masters, since it was so altered from the original? Unless Discotek is aiming to pull a Media Blasters/Voltron by editing the Japanese masters to synch with the English version, but that's quite an undertaking.
              "Pledge $1000 or more: I will yell your name really loud while I chase a duck."
              -My Collection
              --[plug] I review and blog about anime at Akemi's Anime World [/plug]

Comment

Originally posted by Legion View Post
                Wouldn't the English version come on different masters, since it was so altered from the original?
                I would imagine so (the episode count was also different). I guess I'm not familiar with how the masters comes in and how much the English version was altered.

Comment

The question is though, even if they have the English version masters already, since they are releasing the two versions separately, would they really want to have different release dates for them? That would probably annoy more than a few people who were looking to either get the unavailable one, or even both. So best bet is that they will wait until they have everything in order to release each set in pairs with each other. If it wasn't being split up into multiple volumes, it might be more likely to ship separately, but I think it would be better for them to tie each release together.
                  Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                  Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Legion View Post
                    Wouldn't the English version come on different masters, since it was so altered from the original? Unless Discotek is aiming to pull a Media Blasters/Voltron by editing the Japanese masters to synch with the English version, but that's quite an undertaking.
                    Yes, they would be different masters since the English version was edited on tape instead of film. Disregarding this aspect, it sounds as though the situation affects both versions because it's from the same licensor.

Comment

First post updated once more...

Here is a very quick recap of unreleased licenses (additional details on the first post):
                      • Captain Harlock (TV) | Episodes 1 to 42 in one complete DVD boxset
                      • Love Com (Lovely Complex) | Early 2013. Episodes 1 to 24 in one complete DVD boxset.
                      • Lupin the 3rd: The Secret of Mamo (movie) | Early 2013. DVD with 4 English dubs.
                      • [To be announced later in 2012] Lupin special never released in the US.
                      • Mad Bull 34 (OVA) | DVD in 2013
                      • Saint Seiya movies 1 & 2 | DVD in early 2013
                      • Saint Seiya movies 3 & 4 | DVD in early 2013
                      • Samurai Pizza Cats | first dub set in early 2013
                      • Samurai Pizza Cats | first sub set in early 2013
                      • Shin Getter Robo vs. Getter Robo (OVA) | DVD first in 2013. Blu-ray later on.

Here is a recap of what got released/solicited this year (a total of 12 anime releases):
                      • 04/17/2012 | Panda! Go, Panda!
                      • 05/15/2012 | The Fantastic Adventures of Unico
                      • 05/15/2012 | Unico: In the Island of Magic
                      • 06/26/2012 | Lupin the Third: The Complete First TV Series
                      • 07/24/2012 | Golgo 13: The Professional
                      • 08/21/2012 | Space Adventure Cobra: The Movie
                      • 09/18/2012 | Venus Wars
                      • 10/16/2012 | Casshan: Robot Hunter
                      • 10/16/2012 | Galaxy Express 999: Eternal Fantasy
                      • 11/06/2012 | Golden Boy
                      • 11/06/2012 | Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland (Blu-ray)
                      • 11/06/2012 | Locke the Superman

Comment

Wow, looking at that list, they are doing more than MB now. And they are awesome to boot!
                        I love my sons Lucas & Joseph!
                        - My Anime List - My PSN Profile -

Comment

Well... they still need to hurry up and license City Hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by LOUiE View Post
                            Wow, looking at that list, they are doing more than MB now. And they are awesome to boot!
                            Discotek pretty much solidified itself as one of my very favorite companies when they announced Samurai Pizza Cats. I've been a big fan of what the company's been doing since day 1. I think I can count on one hand the number of titles Discotek's released or will release that I don't plan to purchase at some point.
                            "Pledge $1000 or more: I will yell your name really loud while I chase a duck."
                            -My Collection
                            --[plug] I review and blog about anime at Akemi's Anime World [/plug]

Comment

Discotek's unreleased list is starting to build up once more...with the latest update.
                              • Captain Harlock (TV) - complete DVD boxset (sub)
                              • Hurricane Polymar (OVA) - DVD (hyb)
                              • Love Com (Lovely Complex) - complete DVD boxset (sub) | early 2013
                              • Lupin the 3rd: Green vs. Red (OVA) - DVD
                              • Lupin the 3rd: The Secret of Mamo (movie) - DVD (hyb; includes 4 English dubs) | early 2013
                              • Mad Bull 34 (OVA) - DVD (hyb)
                              • Saint Seiya movies 1 & 2 - DVD (sub)
                              • Saint Seiya movies 3 & 4 - DVD (sub)
                              • Samurai Pizza Cats - first sub DVD set & hyb DVD set in early 2013
                              • Shin Getter Robo vs. Getter Robo (OVA) - DVD first, Blu-ray later on
                              • Tekkaman Blade II (OVA) - DVD (hyb)
                              Last edited by WTK; 08-13-2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chacranajxy View Post
                                Well... they still need to hurry up and license City Hunter.
                                I wish. I was looking into getting the older releases but they're so expensive. I like the movies and the first season(got those cheap enough but missing 2-4)

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X