Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Unreleased Discotek Media / Eastern Star Licenses Updates Thread

Widgets Magazine
    Discotek Media The Galaxy Railways: A Letter from the Abandoned Planet [BD] 09/15/2016 -
    Discotek Media Crusher Joe (movie) [BD] 12/02/2016 -
    Discotek Media Crusher Joe (OVA) [BD] 12/02/2016 -
    Discotek Media Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo [SD BD] 08/12/2018 -
    Discotek Media Galaxy Express 999 (TV) [BD] 08/12/2018 -
    Discotek Media Giant Robo [BD] 08/12/2018 -
    Discotek Media Kimagure Orange Road (OVA / Movie 1) [BD] 08/12/2018 -
    Discotek Media Psycho Armor Govarian [SD BD] 08/12/2018 -
    Discotek Media VOLTES V [SD BD] 08/12/2018 2019
    Discotek Media City Hunter 04/19/2019 -
    Discotek Media City Hunter 2 04/19/2019 -
    Discotek Media City Hunter 3 04/19/2019 -
    Discotek Media City Hunter '91 04/19/2019 -
    Discotek Media City Hunter: .357 Magnum of Love (movie) 04/19/2019 -
    Discotek Media City Hunter: Secret Service (movie) 04/19/2019 -
    Discotek Media City Hunter: Bay City Wars (movie) 04/19/2019 -
    Discotek Media City Hunter: Million Dollar Conspiracy (movie) 04/19/2019 -
    Discotek Media City Hunter: Goodbye My Sweetheart (special) 04/19/2019 -
    Discotek Media City Hunter: Death of the Vicious Criminal Ryo Saeba (special) 04/19/2019 -
    Discotek Media City Hunter: Shinjuku Private Eyes (movie) 04/19/2019 -
    Discotek Media [Streaming] Fushigi Yugi (TV series, OVA, Eikoden) 02/17/2016 X
    Discotek Media [Streaming] Miss Machiko 05/24/2016 X
    Discotek Media [Streaming] Gakuen Heaven 08/02/2016 X
    Discotek Media [Streaming] The Princes of the Stars: Le Petit Prince [subbed] 12/06/2017 X
    Discotek Media [Streaming] Osomatsu-kun 01/13/2018 X
    Last edited by WTK; 05-12-2019, 08:48 AM.

Archived Post.

Dubbing on anime releases?
    Code:
    1/26/12:
    - "Hey I got a request, even though you don't do dub titles a lot of anime fans are coplaining on some the anime titles that are being release sub only, are you making an acception for that matter? This is a diret question to Discotek not the fans."
    - "If a dub exists already it will be included on our releases. We won't dub anything ourselves. Which titles do you want dubs for?"
    more Blu-ray releases?
    Code:
    1/9/13:
    - "Are any other titles coming out in 2013 on bluray? I like that you released Little Nemo on bluray (which I need to pick up). I would like to get the Galaxy Express 999 dvds but afraid a bluray release is imminent."
    - "If Nemo sells well, we might do more"

3/8/12:
    - "Why don't you put videos out on Blu-ray?"
    - "We will do a blu ray at the end of this year. Next year we might do a couple more if that one does well enough."
    more Lupin properties
    Code:
    11/11/13:
    - "There will be more Lupin"

1/22/13:
    - "...But we may have a Blu Ray Lupin title in the future if all goes well."

9/15/12:
    - "There will be more Lupin but thats not in the next batch of announcements. We're going to try and release as much Lupin as possible in the future."
    Last edited by WTK; 05-16-2016, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Re: Unreleased Discotek Media / Eastern Star Updates Thread

I don't know what anime Fandom would do without you WTK thanks for the liats

Comment

Re: Unreleased Discotek Media / Eastern Star Licenses Updates Thread

I am going to be buying every single thing on this list, except Venus Wars which I have the CPM version of. Discotek is my new favorite distributor.

I guess now that Old Fogeys are the main ones actually buying product, Old Fogey shows are the new anime goldmine.
        I think Asimov wrote the manual to my microwave. It's 600 pages long, but I've read it twice and lent it to three of my friends.

Comment

Discotek was the last company that I thought would need a completely separate thread to show their unreleased titles. I'm actually really ecstatic about it though.
          I love my sons Lucas & Joseph!
          - My Anime List - My PSN Profile -

Comment

Now I'm wondering which title they're planning to dip into the BD waters with. I hope it's one of the movies rather than the Shin Getter vs... OVA.

Comment

Yes, the very mention of BD caught my eye, too. I suppose it doesn't necessarily mean they're considering it but it would be interesting to see them go after some newer stuff.

I am getting Lovely Complex and possibly Harlock. Looking forward to them.

Comment

I'm getting everything but Little Nemo, Lovely Complex, & Samurai Pizaa Cats. Discotek has easily become my favorite anime licensor for the past while.
                Come Visit The Land of Obscusion... Maybe you missed a title the first time around.
                Forum Avatar: Hareluya Hibino & Kiyoshiro Okamoto from Hareluya II BطY / Blog Avatar: Michiru Yamane & Makoto Ichijo from Hareluya II BطY

Comment

Nicely put together, WTK. About half the titles there are easy purchases for me once they come out. It's good to see DiscoTek with so much on their plate right now.

Comment

Originally posted by LOUiE View Post
                    Discotek was the last company that I thought would need a completely separate thread to show their unreleased titles. I'm actually really ecstatic about it though.
                    At the beginning of the year, it would have been a no. But as the months progressed, they are announcing licenses seemingly left and right.

Comment

Purchasing every single one of these releases (minus maybe Shin Getter Robo vs. Getter Robo, but purchasing both of the sub/dub sets of Samurai Pizza Cats).

Thanks WTK for putting this list together (or maybe curse you for reminding me of things like Venus Wars to replace my old VHS copy).
                      Last edited by Steve_the_Talking_Pie; 04-18-2012, 08:37 AM.
                      Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
                      Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
                      Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Jejune View Post
                        I guess now that Old Fogeys are the main ones actually buying product, Old Fogey shows are the new anime goldmine.
                        ^This.

It's likely a smart move if you're a small company to release a product you KNOW a number of people WILL buy (even if it's relatively few), rather than the new shiny that you THINK (or hope) a larger number of people MIGHT buy.

As for me, definitely buying Galaxy Express movie #3, Captain Harlock, Samurai Pizza Cats (dub is a certainty, probably the sub as well), and everything Lupin-related. Maybe could check out Love*Com in future, and willing to consider (read: "sell me on these") pretty much everything else on this list except Saint Seiya and Getter Robo (don't care for either of those franchises).
                        "Old School does not start at 2008!" -- David Williams
                        Avatar: Rarity beckons you to join the Pony Legion.

Comment

I see very little on that list that I wouldn't absolutely love to own. I'm seriously hoping the "more Lupin" are unreleased titles.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                            At the beginning of the year, it would have been a no. But as the months progressed, they are announcing licenses seemingly left and right.
                            Maybe FotNS did much better for them than everyone thought. Here's hoping they don't stop this licensing spree. Maybe they'll license the Galaxy Express 999 tv series as well. That would be amazing.
                            I love my sons Lucas & Joseph!
                            - My Anime List - My PSN Profile -

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                              Maybe FotNS did much better for them than everyone thought. Here's hoping they don't stop this licensing spree. Maybe they'll license the Galaxy Express 999 tv series as well. That would be amazing.
                              S'more Entertainment already has it.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...press-tv-anime
                              http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com
                              https://www.patreon.com/Jackson_VA_Data

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X