• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hayate Kurogane
    replied
    Re: AEsir Holdings to release Parasite Dolls

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
    I still need to get this, since I'm a huge Bubblegum Crisis fan. Where does it exactly fit in the universe? Is it a prequel/sequel? It is in the original BGC universe or the Tokyo 2040 universe?
    As I've already posted in this thread, it's part of the original OVA universe.

Leave a comment:

• ComSR
    replied

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
    Where does it exactly fit in the universe?
    Tokyo 2040 seems more likely. If it didn't name-drop AD Police, GENOM and Boomers (Voomer), you couldn't tell it was a Bubblegum Crisis show.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleWarrior13
    replied

I still need to get this, since I'm a huge Bubblegum Crisis fan. Where does it exactly fit in the universe? Is it a prequel/sequel? It is in the original BGC universe or the Tokyo 2040 universe?

Leave a comment:

• BlaizeV
    replied

Originally posted by ComSR View Post
    Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
    The running time is 1:26:53 which when taking those extra OPs and EDs out is probably about right.
    I would of preferred the straight up OVAs as intended but I guess I can deal with it. Does anyone know if the OPs and EDs were different for each episode? given its an OVA that wouldn't be uncommon.
    I have the ADV version. Runtime is 1:26:57. There is only one OP, the rest are intertitles (1 year later), followed by episode title.
    Ah so it is the same. I haven't watched it yet so I just went with the assumption that there would be OP/EDs for each OVA episode. Well that's okay then. It may even have the intertitles in it anyway or at least the 1 year later thing.

Thanks for the information, I feel okay having bought the AEsir Version now then : D

Leave a comment:

• ComSR
    replied

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
    The running time is 1:26:53 which when taking those extra OPs and EDs out is probably about right.
    I would of preferred the straight up OVAs as intended but I guess I can deal with it. Does anyone know if the OPs and EDs were different for each episode? given its an OVA that wouldn't be uncommon.
    I have the ADV version. Runtime is 1:26:57. There is only one OP, the rest are intertitles (1 year later), followed by episode title.

Leave a comment:

• BlaizeV
    replied

Okay so I bought the AEsir version anyway and...

Like the title on the cover suggests this is indeed a Movie version. My best guess is they just cut out the OPs and EDs where necessary to create something similar to a Marathon feature, just this time it's mandatory.

Last edited by BlaizeV; 07-26-2014, 06:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BlaizeV
    replied

Apologies for resurrecting such an old thread

Can anyone confirm that the AEsir release is not a movie cut like the Cover suggests and is just the 3 episode OVA that ADV put out?

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses Parasite Dolls

I own the ADV release, so I'll be passing on this. It's always good to see OOP release going back in-print though.

Leave a comment:

• Hayate Kurogane
    replied

Originally posted by tablesalt View Post
    Originally posted by Damius View Post
    Well, I never heard of this one. Anyone can recommend it?
    Three episode OVA series based in the Bubble Gum Crisis universe. Thematically and stylistically, it's a lot like the original AD Police OVA (not the TV series).
    Going in order of new posts, tablesalt wins. Despite its new-ness and release proximity to the remakes of BGC and AD Police, Parasite Dolls is technically an original BGC universe installment.

Though you'd never really be able to tell by looking at it.

It's dark, stylish, gritty, violent. I always found the plot to be a little thin, but it's a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

Leave a comment:

• lpfreak1170
    replied

Have the original release. Good stuff and nice to see it rescued.

Leave a comment:

• Glorian
    replied

I might get this at some point, but it's not a priority (especially since I never bothered to get the original release).

Leave a comment:

• Tratious
    replied

actually Crunchyroll is streaming the three OVA's subbed
    @ http://www.crunchyroll.com/parasite-dolls

Leave a comment:

• Shin Seikatsu
    replied

Ok, good to hear. It sure got my attention.

Leave a comment:

• Tratious
    replied

This is a spin-off of AD Police, and in turn a spinoff of Bubblegum Crisis. I love the opening theme song I will love to get this on BD, but I'll settle for a DVD.
    I would recommend it, but I haven't seen enough of it to actually recommend.

Leave a comment:

• tablesalt
    replied

Originally posted by Damius View Post
    Well, I never heard of this one. Anyone can recommend it?
    Three episode OVA series based in the Bubble Gum Crisis universe. Thematically and stylistically, it's a lot like the original AD Police OVA (not the TV series).

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X