Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Aniplex of America licenses Monogatari Series

Widgets Magazine
    Bakemonogatari: Complete Collection (LE) (Blu-ray) due out on 11/20/12. | TRSI listing

http://www.aniplexusa.com/bakemonogatari/ | Note: "Rigid Box" = chipboard artbox
    Product Details
    ■ALL 15 Episodes on 6 Blu-ray discs
    ■Japanese with 2 English subtitle streams (dialog & screen text)
    ■Character audio commentary for included!
    ■Bonus videos: Textless openings and endings, TV version previews
    ■3 cases inside Rigid Box with key art
    ■Double-side Blu-ray case wraps

Bonus Materials
    ■Characters’ audio commentary written by the author Nisioisin
    ■Textless openings and endings
    ■TV version previews and promotional video
    ■36-page Deluxe Booklet

Blu-ray Specs
    Languages: Japanese
    Video: 16:9 1080p/MPEG-4 AVC
    Audio: Linear PCM/Stereo (48KHz/16bit)
    Subtitles: English (dialog + song lyrics translation/roma-ji + screen text)

Total Run Time: approx. 357 min.
    Region: --
    Rating: 13 UP

Conflicting reports...

via ANN
    Aniplex of America Adds Bakemonogatari TV Anime

Aniplex of America announced at its panel at Sakura-Con on Friday that it will release the Bakemonogatari television anime series in North America. Aniplex did not specify if it will release the series digitally or on home video. Aniplex will premiere the series' first episode at Sakura-Con on Saturday.
    According to this Twitter report: LINK
    Aniplex has license for Bakemonogatari and releasing it in physical format and for streaming. #SakuraCon
    Last edited by WTK; 09-10-2012, 09:27 PM.

Re: Aniplex of America licenses Bakemonogatari

Oh my goddddddddddddddd!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
    Most Wanted US Releases: RahXephon (BD upgrade), Kemonozume | Current Avatar: Charlotte Dunois from Infinite Stratos

Comment

I'd suspected this, because of the screening later, but I'm really glad to see it confirmed. This is a definite day 1 purchase for me.

Comment

According to this Twitter report: LINK
        Aniplex has license for Bakemonogatari and releasing it in physical format and for streaming. #SakuraCon

Comment

So it's going to be priced really high I'm guessing. Oh well. I guess I'll miss this one as well unless they surprise me.
          I love my sons Lucas & Joseph!
          - My Anime List - My PSN Profile -

Comment

Originally posted by LOUiE View Post
            So it's going to be priced really high I'm guessing. Oh well. I guess I'll miss this one as well unless they surprise me.
            What's your basis for that conclusion? Lots of their releases have been perfectly reasonable (discounting the imports, which this wouldn't be).

Comment

At long last, Aniplex has done it after hinting it at previous panels and now running a Bakemonogatari panel later tonight. Let's see what's coming in the release. Given that the brass at Aniplex thought of this show as being too niche that I would presume that it will be sub-only. Since it was released with a BD on R2 that I would have to think that it will be BD on R1 as well.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Ellenoir Seiran, Endro~!
              Watching: Machiavellism, La Verite, Shining Hearts, Buso Renkin, Toonami Stuff
              Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Seriously hoping for a bluray release.

Comment

Originally posted by Eyes of Tenchi View Post
                  At long last, Aniplex has done it after hinting it at previous panels and now running a Bakemonogatari panel later tonight. Let's see what's coming in the release. Given that the brass at Aniplex thought of this show as being too niche that I would presume that it will be sub-only. Since it was released with a BD on R2 that I would have to think that it will be BD on R1 as well.
                  Is there a reason every single one of your posts reads like you are doing color commentary?
                  VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
                  Vivid Impact!
                  Vividred Operation

Comment

Originally posted by LOUiE View Post
                    Higher than your average release these days, almost certainly, even if it turns out to just be sub-only DVDs.

I'm hoping for Blu-ray news, the current uncertainty of which is keeping me from placing an order for the already-released Japanese Blu-ray box set. At any rate, that box set doesn't include English subtitles, so they're not just going to be doing a straight import, which also means whatever the U.S. price ends up being for whatever format release, even if it's a multi-volume bilingual Blu-ray limited edition release, will likely be less in total than the $250 or so they would have charged for a simultaneous release of that set. Small comfort for some, I know.
                    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Finally will get to see what all the fuss is about since I passed when it first aired.

Comment

Obligatory "shutupandtakemymoney" post. Assuming Aniplex make it available for us overseas types, anyway.
                        maehara
                        animevision - a casual anime fan's daily reviews & blog | lifestream
                        Avatar: Myuseru, from Outbreak Company

Comment

YES!!!! Thank you Aniplex! As soon as it's solicited, I'm ordering it!

Comment

With all the hints recently, this is not really a surprise anymore. Regardless, it's great to see this series licensed. There is still conflicting reports on streaming and physical media. I guess it's until Aniplex of America release more details.

Comment

I loved Nisemono to death, but I'm only buying this if it's on bluray. I've got little interest in watching something like this in the poorest quality available.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X