Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Accel World

Widgets Magazine
    Viz Media is now streaming Accel World on Hulu. Episode one is up already.

Link to show page.
    Most Wanted US Releases: RahXephon (BD upgrade), Kemonozume | Current Avatar: Charlotte Dunois from Infinite Stratos

Re: Accel World

So we have another simulcast via Viz Media. I may check this out.

Comment

Nice, I wanted to see this one. I would've preferred Crunchyroll, but at least its getting simulcasted somewhere.

Comment

Viz...I was hoping Sentai or Crunchyroll would get it. I'll still watch it since Accel World is the spring title I was looking forward to most.

Comment

Interesting that Viz picked this one up for simulcast.

When was the last time Viz picked up a Dengeki property?

Comment

That's a bit...ambitious for Viz. Haven't they only been streaming one show a season, prior to this? I was interested in this one, but I'll be passing on it now; I don't want to get interested in a series, only to wait years for nothing while it floats in Viz limbo. If they actually start releasing the titles they license, I'll change my mind, but until then any streams from Viz aren't worth looking at, from my perspective (since my ultimate goal is a physical release).

Comment

Wonderful, another series that will be in Viz hell for years. Buzz off, Viz.
              "I'm sorry, did you say something? Because your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass."
              Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table~
              Avatar: Grown up Yue Ayase from Negima.

Comment

I hope I won't like/love this show. Then I'd have to deal with the harsh reality Viz would never put it out on BD. Already kinda regretting Lagrange just a tiny bit.
                Most Wanted US Releases: RahXephon (BD upgrade), Kemonozume | Current Avatar: Charlotte Dunois from Infinite Stratos

Comment

Damn...this is bad news for me, since for Viz, Canada doesn't even exist... And the fact that Viz is my least favorite company... It was one of my most anticipated show.
                  Last edited by Shin Seikatsu; 04-06-2012, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                    So we have another simulcast via Viz Media. I may check this out.
                    So I guees that both Eyes of Tenshi/Buckeye and myself were wrong about who'll get Accel World .

And I agree with Zeether - Buzz off, VIZ! Unless you release Cross Game and the rest of Monster on DVD and/or Blu-ray. Then maybe I'll forgive you.
                    Last edited by Sabure; 04-06-2012, 01:15 PM.
                    Currently Watching | MAL Profile
                    Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Well that's a shame.

All the more reason for me to import Accel World over other shows this season, I guess.
                      So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

You know what they say that predictions are meant to be wrong as there is only so much to go on when thinking about them. While I knew that the license would be snapped up quickly, Viz getting it is a surprise. I didn't think this show would have the type of profile Tiger and Bunny does for Viz to be the one licensing it. Nonetheless, I would have preferred CR or N2 doing the simulcast, but I have no problems having Hulu doing the simulcasts. I just hope that Viz does not make us wait forever to get this out.
                        MyAnimeList | Avatar: The Ohio State University Buckeyes
                        Watching: Tylor, Astra Lost in Space, School-Live!, Vanguard
                        Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
                        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post
                          Well that's a shame.

All the more reason for me to import Accel World over other shows this season, I guess.
                          It was already on my list of possibles, but this news just bumped it up.

That aside, does anyone else find it mildly annoying that the potato in this show... actually looks like a potato? I know I'm hyper-attuned to character designs and such, and that I find things like Gilgamesh to be unwatchable as a result despite how good the story is supposed to be, but still. I guess it's clever and all, but it's also out of place, and I hope he spends a lot of time in his powered-up form so I don't have to look at him as often.
                          asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                          Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                          Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

I guess Viz must be in pretty good favor with Sunrise because that's the only way this makes any sense to me...well it makes it easier to check out I suppose.
                            "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

If they're in good favor then they should give us the full damn package like with Tiger and Bunny. That is, if they're even thinking of releasing it on Blu-ray.

I hope someone speaks up during a panel they have at the next con on this, because it's starting to tick me off and I'm sure it's ticking off everyone else who wanted a physical release of this show and whatever else they've streamed. Not everyone can afford imports. :angry:
                              "I'm sorry, did you say something? Because your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass."
                              Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table~
                              Avatar: Grown up Yue Ayase from Negima.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X