Widgets Magazine

1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: 1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

    Originally posted by Mach Rider View Post
    So how/why is Sym-Bionic Titan written off as opposed to Samurai Jack? Both series are great in my eyes so don't think I'm valuing one over the other, but legit I don't understand it.
    Because Samurai Jack wouldn't be worth much if it was written off since it's so old. It was also doing remarkably well for the longest time on Boomerang before the decision was made to allow it to be moved to Toonami.

    Comment


    • Re: 1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

      Originally posted by WTK View Post
      Originally posted by Library-chan View Post
      I wonder if the newly dubbed Sailor Moon will come to Toonami.
      Well, it's one of their most request shows (see below). I guess anything is possible. If they do look at Viz shows for future airing, I wonder if they will (re-)look at Tiger & Bunny. I always thought it fits their lineup.

      http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/98642...at-aot-and-kai
      - what are your most requested shows now that AoT And Kai are on toonami! (soon to be )

      - Sailor Moon, Kill La KIll, SAO season 2.
      I would have thought that KLK would replace Blue Exorcist when its run ended instead of Gurren Lagann, but again it's the nudity that, even for a late-night show, still runs amok with the American standards. SAO II will happen at some point, and I'm guessing that it goes on Adult Swim after Gurren Lagann finishes its run sometime in March. As for Sailor Moon, it would be a great addition to Toonami now that the uncut version has been dubbed, but there are other Viz shows that are better suited.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
      Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

      Comment


      • Re: 1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

        Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post
        Originally posted by Mach Rider View Post
        So how/why is Sym-Bionic Titan written off as opposed to Samurai Jack? Both series are great in my eyes so don't think I'm valuing one over the other, but legit I don't understand it.
        Because Samurai Jack wouldn't be worth much if it was written off since it's so old. It was also doing remarkably well for the longest time on Boomerang before the decision was made to allow it to be moved to Toonami.
        This. It's a CN classic. It's extremely popular. It's done well on DVD and in reruns over the years. It's also been around a long time. Odds are they didn't lose money on it, despite canning it prematurely, or even if they did initially, they've no doubt broken even and turned a profit on it in the 10 years since it's cancellation. There is no reason to give it up at this point.

        SBT had a troubled production process, and it's likely that they did lose money on it. Although it is kind of odd that they waited over 3 years after it's conclusion to decide to finally write it off, while BtB barely premiered last year.
        Avatar: Haruko (FLCL)

        Comment


        • Re: 1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

          Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post
          This. It's a CN classic. It's extremely popular. It's done well on DVD and in reruns over the years. It's also been around a long time. Odds are they didn't lose money on it, despite canning it prematurely, or even if they did initially, they've no doubt broken even and turned a profit on it in the 10 years since it's cancellation. There is no reason to give it up at this point.

          SBT had a troubled production process, and it's likely that they did lose money on it. Although it is kind of odd that they waited over 3 years after it's conclusion to decide to finally write it off, while BtB barely premiered last year.
          It's also probably a contractual issue. With Beware the Batman, the contact may have had a time stipulation in it, where they had to pay more money to keep airing it or they needed to let it go back to whoever they bought it from/co-produced it with. Sym-Bionic Titan, on the other hand, seems to have been in some rights issue situation for a while. I know back when it started airing, somewhere I was reading online that the show couldn't do a second season due to Genndy Tarakovsky moving on from working with whoever it was he was working with, as well as moving on from Cartoon Network. I wasn't ever very clear on what happened other than it wouldn't be easy, or even likely, for anyone to be able to due a second season because of it. CN letting either of these shows go isn't a huge surprise to me. What I think was a clearer issue was legal didn't tell the Toonami Programers what they were doing until seven days before they could last air either show. That really put the Toonami programers in a bad situation because not only did they have to work up a unplanned schedule change in less than two weeks but they had to pull some of the regular shows to air the rest of BtB, if they wanted to (and they did). They didn't have the regular amount of time to promote the change or warn BtB viewers they were going to burn off the rest of the series ASAP. They also had to warn the Hellsing Ultimate viewers of the change and the upcoming bump up the schedule for airing the rest of that show. I'm pretty sure they didn't have a good week, last week, in general because of it

          Comment


          • Re: 1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

            http://www.tvmediainsights.com/satur...-adults-18-49/

            TOONAMI – SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2014
            Code:
                                                                  A1849    Viewers  A1849
            Net   Time Dur  Program                   HH            rtg     (000)   (000)
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
            ADSM 11:30  30  ATTACK ON TITAN           1.0           0.7      1,333    835
            ADSM 12:00a 30  BLEACH                    0.8           0.6      1,105    729
            ADSM 12:30a 30  SPACE DANDY               0.8           0.6      1,033    702
            ADSM  1:00a 30  NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN         0.8           0.5        982    628
            ADSM  1:30a 30  ONE PIECE                 0.6           0.4        857    538
            ADSM  2:00a 30  GURREN LAGANN             0.5           0.3        716    436
            ADSM  2:30a 30  BEWARE THE BATMAN         0.5           0.3        654    420
            ADSM  3:00a 30  BEWARE THE BATMAN         0.5           0.3        635    400
            ADSM  3:30a 30  BEWARE THE BATMAN         0.5           0.3        605    371
            ADSM  4:00a 30  BEWARE THE BATMAN         0.5           0.3        592    359
            ADSM  4:30a 30  BEWARE THE BATMAN         0.5           0.3        573    321
            ADSM  5:00a 30  BEWARE THE BATMAN         0.5           0.3        590    323
            ADSM  5:30a 30  BEWARE THE BATMAN         0.5           0.2        648    311
            Source: Nielsen Media Research





            Comment


            • Re: 1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

              Originally posted by WTK View Post
              http://www.tvmediainsights.com/satur...-adults-18-49/

              TOONAMI – SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2014
              Code:
                                                                    A1849    Viewers  A1849
              Net   Time Dur  Program                   HH            rtg     (000)   (000)
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
              ADSM 11:30  30  ATTACK ON TITAN           1.0           0.7      1,333    835
              ADSM 12:00a 30  BLEACH                    0.8           0.6      1,105    729
              ADSM 12:30a 30  SPACE DANDY               0.8           0.6      1,033    702
              ADSM  1:00a 30  NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN         0.8           0.5        982    628
              ADSM  1:30a 30  ONE PIECE                 0.6           0.4        857    538
              ADSM  2:00a 30  GURREN LAGANN             0.5           0.3        716    436
              ADSM  2:30a 30  BEWARE THE BATMAN         0.5           0.3        654    420
              ADSM  3:00a 30  BEWARE THE BATMAN         0.5           0.3        635    400
              ADSM  3:30a 30  BEWARE THE BATMAN         0.5           0.3        605    371
              ADSM  4:00a 30  BEWARE THE BATMAN         0.5           0.3        592    359
              ADSM  4:30a 30  BEWARE THE BATMAN         0.5           0.3        573    321
              ADSM  5:00a 30  BEWARE THE BATMAN         0.5           0.3        590    323
              ADSM  5:30a 30  BEWARE THE BATMAN         0.5           0.2        648    311
              Source: Nielsen Media Research





              Not too bad of a night considering what it was.

              Comment


              • Re: 1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

                http://www.tvmediainsights.com/satur...highlight-day/

                For the entire week of September 29-October 5, 2014 in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is up 1 percent in total viewership (1.163 million vs. 1.151 million) and down 1 percent among Adults 18-49 (684,000 vs. 688,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 4 percent in total viewership (1.163 million vs. 1.213 million) and down 10 percent among Adults 18-49 (684,000 vs. 759,000) from the same week one year ago (September 30-October 6, 2013).

                TOONAMI – SATURDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2014
                Code:
                A1849    Viewers  A1849
                Net   Time Dur  Program                    HH               rtg     (000)   (000)
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                ADSM 11:30  30  ATTACK ON TITAN            0.9              0.5     1,199     694
                ADSM 12:00a 30  BLEACH                     0.7              0.4       954     563
                ADSM 12:30a 30  NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN          0.6              0.4       798     466
                ADSM  1:00a 30  ONE PIECE                  0.5              0.3       621     377
                ADSM  1:30a 30  GURREN LAGANN              0.5              0.3       623     365
                ADSM  2:00a 60  HELLSING ULTIMATE          0.4              0.2       483     273
                ADSM  3:00a 30  SPACE DANDY                0.4              0.2       463     265
                ADSM  3:30a 30  COWBOY BEBOP               0.3              0.2       407     236
                ADSM  4:00a 30  FULLMETAL: BROTHERHOOD     0.3              0.2       465     265
                ADSM  4:30a 30  GHOST IN SHELL: 2ND GIG    0.3              0.2       421     245
                ADSM  5:00a 30  BIG O/AN                   0.3              0.2       437     247
                ADSM  5:30a 30  SAMURAI JACK               0.4              0.2       447     234
                Source: Nielsen Media Research

                Comment


                • Re: 1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

                  Ouch
                  My Anime List
                  YouTube <- I do collection Videos
                  Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

                  Comment


                  • Re: 1 &amp; Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

                    Originally posted by WTK View Post
                    http://www.tvmediainsights.com/satur...highlight-day/

                    For the entire week of September 29-October 5, 2014 in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is up 1 percent in total viewership (1.163 million vs. 1.151 million) and down 1 percent among Adults 18-49 (684,000 vs. 688,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 4 percent in total viewership (1.163 million vs. 1.213 million) and down 10 percent among Adults 18-49 (684,000 vs. 759,000) from the same week one year ago (September 30-October 6, 2013).

                    TOONAMI – SATURDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2014
                    Code:
                    A1849    Viewers  A1849
                    Net   Time Dur  Program                    HH               rtg     (000)   (000)
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    ADSM 11:30  30  ATTACK ON TITAN            0.9              0.5     1,199     694
                    ADSM 12:00a 30  BLEACH                     0.7              0.4       954     563
                    ADSM 12:30a 30  NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN          0.6              0.4       798     466
                    ADSM  1:00a 30  ONE PIECE                  0.5              0.3       621     377
                    ADSM  1:30a 30  GURREN LAGANN              0.5              0.3       623     365
                    ADSM  2:00a 60  HELLSING ULTIMATE          0.4              0.2       483     273
                    ADSM  3:00a 30  SPACE DANDY                0.4              0.2       463     265
                    ADSM  3:30a 30  COWBOY BEBOP               0.3              0.2       407     236
                    ADSM  4:00a 30  FULLMETAL: BROTHERHOOD     0.3              0.2       465     265
                    ADSM  4:30a 30  GHOST IN SHELL: 2ND GIG    0.3              0.2       421     245
                    ADSM  5:00a 30  BIG O/AN                   0.3              0.2       437     247
                    ADSM  5:30a 30  SAMURAI JACK               0.4              0.2       447     234
                    Source: Nielsen Media Research
                    Anddd back to the crappy ratings we go. Fantastic.

                    Comment


                    • Re: 1 &amp; Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

                      I would say the Beware the Batman marathon may have hurt the ratings some, but the earlier hours were down too, so it's probably not the main reason.
                      Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

                      Comment


                      • Re: 1 &amp; Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

                        An unusually poor night. Everything pulled in less numbers than usual. At least they held viewers consistently during the 2nd half, which I'm still rather impressed with. There's usually more fluctuation.
                        Avatar: Haruko (FLCL)

                        Comment


                        • Re: 1 &amp; Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

                          Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
                          I would say the Beware the Batman marathon may have hurt the ratings some, but the earlier hours were down too, so it's probably not the main reason.
                          I personally wonder if the National League Playoffs had an effect on the ratings, given how one game went all the way to 18 innings (with it still going on when I pass Nationals Stadium when I was returning home from Anime USA) and the other started around 9:30PM EDT.
                          Joseph Klemm
                          "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

                          Spring 2015 Plans
                          Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
                          Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
                          Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

                          Comment


                          • Re: 1 &amp; Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

                            http://www.tvmediainsights.com/satur...-mlb-playoffs/

                            For the entire week of October 6-12, 2014 in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is down 1 percent in total viewership (1.148 million vs. 1.163 million) and down 7 percent among Adults 18-49 (637,000 vs. 684,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 2 percent in total viewership (1.148 million vs. 1.174 million) and down 13 percent among Adults 18-49 (637,000 vs. 733,000) from the same week one year ago (October 7-13, 2013).

                            TOONAMI – SATURDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2014
                            Code:
                                                                                      A1849    Viewers  A1849
                            Net   Time Dur  Program                    HH               rtg     (000)   (000)
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            ADSM 11:30  30  ATTACK ON TITAN            0.8              0.5     1,213     654
                            ADSM 12:00a 30  BLEACH                     0.7              0.5     1,087     604
                            ADSM 12:30a 30  NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN          0.7              0.4       982     484
                            ADSM  1:00a 30  ONE PIECE                  0.6              0.4       841     459
                            ADSM  1:30a 30  GURREN LAGANN              0.5              0.3       806     433
                            ADSM  2:00a 90  HELLSING ULTIMATE          0.5              0.3       780     404
                            ADSM  3:30a 30  COWBOY BEBOP               0.4              0.2       532     273
                            ADSM  4:00a 30  FULLMETAL: BROTHERHOOD     0.4              0.2       565     272
                            ADSM  4:30a 30  GHOST IN SHELL: 2ND GIG    0.4              0.2       555     274
                            ADSM  5:00a 30  BIG O/AN                   0.4              0.2       559     266
                            ADSM  5:30a 30  SAMURAI JACK               0.4              0.2       569     270
                            Source: Nielsen Media Research

                            Comment


                            • Re: 1 &amp; Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

                              Pretty average week for ratings, but it's thankfully up from last week.
                              Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

                              Comment


                              • Re: 1 &amp; Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

                                Average week for sure. Not awful but not amazing.

                                Comment

                                Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

                                Channels

                                Collapse

                                Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X