1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

Legacy Naruto performing exponentially better than the shows in several timespots before it wow.
    AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Just a reminder: a lot of people were out of town last weekend, while new episodes of AoT and Bleach took the week off in favor Toonami having ninety minutes of Space Dandy to kick off the start of Season 2. More than likely, ratings will be back to normal next week.
      Joseph Klemm
      "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
      Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
      Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
      Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

Naruto doing fantastic as always, I like to see it. Meh ratings as usual though, not too great.

Comment

Originally posted by TnAdct1 View Post
          Just a reminder: a lot of people were out of town last weekend, while new episodes of AoT and Bleach took the week off in favor Toonami having ninety minutes of Space Dandy to kick off the start of Season 2. More than likely, ratings will be back to normal next week.
          And of course, with the nature of the type of show Space Dandy is, it is possible to watch the next week's episode without watching this week's episode. So I'm guessing that the triple helping of Space Dandy was in response to the holiday weekend.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
          Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
          Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
            So I'm guessing that the triple helping of Space Dandy was in response to the holiday weekend.
            I see it as one part that (given how AoT and Bleach are currently in the middle of storylines, and people will likely miss these shows due to being out of town for July 4th weekend), and another part needing to air the rerun of the season 1 finale before the start of season 2 (as the show was pre-emptied for one of the DBZ films a few weeks ago).
            Joseph Klemm
            "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
            Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
            Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
            Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

Via TV Media Insights
              Adult Swim Weekly Ratings Scorecard (July 7-13, 2014)

For its entire week in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is up 12 percent in total viewership (1.241 million vs. 1.112 million) and up 15 percent among Adults 18-49 (707,000 vs. 614,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 5 percent in total viewership (1.241 million vs. 1.307 million) and down 5 percent among Adults 18-49 (707,000 vs. 743,000) from the same week one year ago (July 8-14, 2013).

TOONAMI – SATURDAY, JULY 12, 2014

HOUSEHOLD RATINGS AND TOTAL VIEWERS

11:30PM Attack on Titan 0.7 HH, 1.016 million viewers
              12:00AM Bleach 0.7 HH, 968,000 viewers
              12:30AM Space Dandy 0.6 HH, 827,000 viewers
              1:00AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.5 HH, 796,000 viewers
              1:30AM One Piece 0.5 HH, 701,000 viewers
              2:00AM Blue Exorcist 0.5 HH, 752,000 viewers
              2:30AM Black Lagoon 0.5 HH, 690,000 viewers
              3:00AM Beware the Batman 0.5 HH, 652,000 viewers
              3:30AM Naruto 0.4 HH, 586,000 viewers
              4:00AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.3 HH, 468,000 viewers
              4:30AM Samurai Jack 0.3 HH, 440,000 viewers
              5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.4 HH, 481,000 viewers
              5:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.3 HH, 434,000 viewers

ADULTS 18-49

11:30PM Attack on Titan 0.5 rating, 575,000 adults 18-49
              12:00AM Bleach 0.5 rating, 605,000 adults 18-49
              12:30AM Space Dandy 0.4 rating, 508,000 adults 18-49
              1:00AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.4 rating, 456,000 adults 18-49
              1:30AM One Piece 0.4 rating, 445,000 adults 18-49
              2:00AM Blue Exorcist 0.4 rating, 471,000 adults 18-49
              2:30AM Black Lagoon 0.3 rating, 426,000 adults 18-49
              3:00AM Beware the Batman 0.3 rating, 392,000 adults 18-49
              3:30AM Naruto 0.3 rating, 326,000 adults 18-49
              4:00AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.2 rating, 254,000 adults 18-49
              4:30AM Samurai Jack 0.2 rating, 214,000 adults 18-49
              5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.2 rating, 224,000 adults 18-49
              5:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.2 rating, 207,000 adults 18-49

HH: Household rating. A 1.0 household rating is equivalent to 1 percent of all U.S. T.V. households.
              All Times Eastern & Pacific

Source: Nielsen Media Research, Live plus Same-Day DVR data
              Last edited by WTK; 07-22-2014, 08:02 PM.

Comment

That strong recovery by BLue Exorcist is mighty impressive, and at least the block is back to the multimillions.
                Last edited by 27CansOfTuna; 07-15-2014, 05:52 PM.
                AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
                  That strong recovery by BLue Exorcist is mighty impressive, and least its back to the multimillions.
                  What? That's not even a math error, that's a counting error.
                  My animé & figure collections
                  Hummingbird
                  || Tweeterings
                  XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Decent, I guess. The ratings are just never impressive so I don't know if they are good or bad anymore.

Comment

By the by, Black Dynamite and The Boondocks didn't do so well as lead-ins to Toonami on Saturday: https://twitter.com/SonOfTheBronx/status/ 489158437155373056
                      My Collection: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...The-Collection
                      My Reviews: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...060-My-Reviews
                      Avatar: Waver Velvet (Fate/Zero)

Comment

Pretty good recovery there for this past weekend.
                        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
                        Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
                        Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Nothing really related to the contents of this thread, but I thought I'd mention that Toonami was mentioned in name in the English dub of the Inko portion of the third Toradora SOS special
                          @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

It was just announced that Gurren Lagann will be replacing Blue Exorcist on the block on August 16th at 2am.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu0LnUXRau4
                            Last edited by Rootsofjustice; 07-20-2014, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post
                              It was just announced that Gurren Lagann will be replacing Blue Exorcist on the block on August 16th at 2am.
                              After so many years of fans clamoring for Gurren Lagann to be on Toonami and/or Adult Swim, it finally happens. I figured with AoA having a relatively limited supply of dubbed action series and wanting to keep their spot on Toonami it would happen eventually, so I'm glad to see it confirmed as the next one.
                              My Top Anime | Manga
                              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                              My FP Reviews | Twitter
                              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

So was the creepy chainsaw girl (with the slit throat) in Black Lagoon the cleaner? The one who "disappeared" corpses for people, but who had always hidden her face behind the scrubs and surgical mask?
                                "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X