1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

Black Lagoon almost hit a cool million. Not bad.
    Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/84527...ay-may-24th-at
      Cooler’s Revenge is Coming!!

Saturday May 24th at Midnight!!

Bleach and Space Dandy are taking the week off - Schedule plan below

11:30pm – Attack on Titan
      12:00am – DBZ Cooler’s Revenge
      1:00am – Naruto Shippuden
      1:30am – One Piece
      2:00am – Blue Exorcist
      2:30am – Black Lagoon
      3:00am – Beware the Batman
      3:30am - Naruto
      4:00am - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
      4:30am – Samurai Jack
      5:00am – Star Wars: The Clone Wars
      5:30am - Sym–bionic Titan

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
        http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/84527...ay-may-24th-at
        Cooler’s Revenge is Coming!!

Saturday May 24th at Midnight!!

Bleach and Space Dandy are taking the week off - Schedule plan below

11:30pm – Attack on Titan
        12:00am – DBZ Cooler’s Revenge
        1:00am – Naruto Shippuden
        1:30am – One Piece
        2:00am – Blue Exorcist
        2:30am – Black Lagoon
        3:00am – Beware the Batman
        3:30am - Naruto
        4:00am - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
        4:30am – Samurai Jack
        5:00am – Star Wars: The Clone Wars
        5:30am - Sym–bionic Titan
        Well, that's interesting. Never saw this coming.

Comment

I guess this proves that Nicktoons did loose the DBZ rights, since that was one of the films they showed.

Question though: Why THAT one? Cooler's Revenge is a pretty typical Dragon Ball Z movie. At least it has a nice soundtrack, hopefully they're able to keep in all the music (the Nicktoons broadcast did IIRC, so I'm not too worried).

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
            I guess this proves that Nicktoons did loose the DBZ rights, since that was one of the films they showed.

Question though: Why THAT one? Cooler's Revenge is a pretty typical Dragon Ball Z movie. At least it has a nice soundtrack, hopefully they're able to keep in all the music (the Nicktoons broadcast did IIRC, so I'm not too worried).
            I'd say it was probably because this is one of the shorter DBZ movies, right? They didn't want it interfering with some of the other premieres for that night. Viz probably needed a break on Bleach because we caught up too fast again.

Comment

RE: the DBZ movie on Memorial Day weekend:

Whatever, man. The dude abides.
              My Collection: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...The-Collection
              My Reviews: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...060-My-Reviews
              Avatar: Waver Velvet (Fate/Zero)

Comment

I wasn't expecting that to happen with the DBZ movie. Anyway, it's nice to see Black Lagoon doing so well.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post

I'd say it was probably because this is one of the shorter DBZ movies, right? They didn't want it interfering with some of the other premieres for that night. Viz probably needed a break on Bleach because we caught up too fast again.
                  They're all pretty close in length. Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan is the only one that can't be run in an hour-long timeslot. (Broly is 70 minutes, the rest are about 50).

Comment

[QUOTE=InuYashaCrusade;242503]
                    They didn't want it interfering with some of the other premieres for that night. Viz probably needed a break on Bleach because we caught up too fast again.
                    One thing I'm also wondering: is the "movie" a sign that season 2 of Space Dandy won't be starting until July 13th in Japan?
                    Joseph Klemm
                    "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
                    Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
                    Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
                    Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

They didn't want it interfering with some of the other premieres for that night. Viz probably needed a break on Bleach because we caught up too fast again.
                      I'm not so sure that would be the reason as tonight 5/3 they start the final story arc (Fullbringer) and not that long. I would think Viz has finished the dubbing on the series.
                      My gaming names/friend number. Please fell free to add me to yours or send me a request. I will add anyone from this site who wishes to give me theirs.

Nintendo Network ID: RMP123
                      PSN: RYPLYLER
                      3DS: 5327-0918-4237

Comment

A month ago, Johnny Yong Bosch says they weren't done yet, so they're probably reaching the end now. Keep in mind, the show's not ending until October.

Comment

Originally posted by TnAdct1 View Post
                          One thing I'm also wondering: is the "movie" a sign that season 2 of Space Dandy won't be starting until July 13th in Japan?
                          Not necessarily, but I suppose its possible. That weekend happens to be the 2-year anniversary of Toonami's return. It's not too surprising that they're doing an event of some sort, in this case a movie night.

Comment

A month ago, Johnny Yong Bosch says they weren't done yet, so they're probably reaching the end now. Keep in mind, the show's not ending until October.
                            Yeah, that's why I think this may or may not be the case. Either way, I think that Viz dubs Bleach pretty close to the time that it airs on Toonami.

Comment

Yeah, that's why I think this may or may not be the case. Either way, I think that Viz dubs Bleach pretty close to the time that it airs on Toonami.
                              From what I recall, I believe the guys at Adult Swim said they at least need the episodes 4 weeks ahead of time. This is so they can get this approved with their BS&Ps. Mind you, this was some time ago and things could have changed, but I suspect they still do this as a rule of thumb.

Comment

I guess I've seen the first episode too many times and was on auto-pilot because it only seemed like it was 10 minutes long. It's a shame the OP and ED were shortened. This is the first time I've watched anime on adult swim in years, is this standard?
                                MAL Profile

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X