Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

Via TV Media Insights
    Adult Swim Weekly Ratings Scorecard (April 14-20, 2014)

For its entire week in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is up 1 percent in total viewership (1.310 million vs. 1.301 million) and down 6 percent among Adults 18-49 (702,000 vs. 745,000) from one week earlier; the network is also up 5 percent in total viewership (1.310 million vs. 1.248 million) and down 6 percent among Adults 18-49 (702,000 vs. 746,000) from the same week one year ago (Apr. 15-21, 2013).

TOONAMI – SATURDAY, APRIL 19, 2014

11:30PM Space Dandy 0.8 HH, 1.194 million viewers
    12:00AM Bleach 0.9 HH, 1.241 million viewers
    12:30AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.8 HH, 1.104 million viewers
    1:00AM One Piece 0.7 HH, 906,000 viewers
    1:30AM Blue Exorcist 0.7 HH, 877,000 viewers
    2:00AM Black Lagoon 0.6 HH, 856,000 viewers
    2:30AM Naruto 0.6 HH, 801,000 viewers
    3:00AM Ghost in the Shell 0.5 HH, 680,000 viewers
    3:30AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.5 HH, 619,000 viewers
    4:00AM Samurai Jack 0.5 HH, 601,000 viewers
    4:30AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.4 HH, 545,000 viewers
    5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.5 HH, 586,000 viewers
    5:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.4 HH, 503,000 viewers

Full grid coming soon.
    All Times Eastern & Pacific

Source: Nielsen Media Research

Comment

Another "status quo" week, as I like to call it. Things should pick up in a few weeks, when AoT comes aboard.
      My Collection: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...The-Collection
      My Reviews: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...060-My-Reviews
      Avatar: Waver Velvet (Fate/Zero)

Comment

Pretty good ratings for most shows. Not bad at all.

Comment

Space Dandy went back up to over 1 million. Interesting .

But yeah, pretty standard ratings. We'll see if AoT will change that in a couple of weeks.
          Currently Watching | MAL Profile
          Let's make anime great again!

Comment

For those that didn't see this before: Attack on Titan - Saturday Nights on Toonami

---

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/84028...mocon-will-you
            Anonymous Asked: If you guys are doing a panel at Momocon, will you record it and put it on youtube?

The kind folks at Toonami Faithful will be recording it and putting it up, so stay tuned!
            http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/84026...n-may-what-are
            letmebeyourstaryu Asked: Since Attack on Titan is going to air in May, what are the most requested shows to be on the toonami block now?

DBZ, Kill La Kill, Hunter X Hunter, Sailor Moon and Jojo’s are the top requests lately.

Comment

Still impressed that there are people that really want to watch DBZ at one episode a week every week for many years.

Why no mecha love, are they not counting my requests for Gundam Wing, Valvrave, and Fafner?
              AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                letmebeyourstaryu Asked: Since Attack on Titan is going to air in May, what are the most requested shows to be on the toonami block now?

DBZ, Kill La Kill, Hunter X Hunter, Sailor Moon and Jojo’s are the top requests lately.
                Would definitely like to see Jojo and Sailor Moon 2014 on Toonami.
                Joseph Klemm
                "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
                Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
                Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
                Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

DBZ would work terribly with Toonami's current format. DBZ is NOT a good weekly show. It became successful when it became a WEEKDAY (Mon-Fri) program, since it could cover five episodes' worth of story a week, and with a show that moves as slow as DBZ, that is a big deal. Actually, DBZ usually aired TEN times in a week since Toonami also sometimes threw a rerun in with new episodes, or ran two reruns. At one point, DBZ even aired FIFTEEN times a week on Cartoon Network when Toonami would replay the week's new episodes on Saturday in a marathon. In addition, Dragon Ball usually aired twice on Toonami as well, and both shows aired twice in the Midnight Run which means if you count the whole Dragon Ball franchise, it aired on Cartoon Network as many as TWENTY NINE times in a week. THAT worked great for the franchise, and no doubt contributed to it's success here. I remember when Toonami was running through the Cell Games episodes of DBZ right before they kicked the show off for good, it aired weekly, and I was actually watching the show every week, but it hardly ever felt like anything was accomplished...
                  Last edited by PurpleWarrior13; 04-27-2014, 10:53 PM.
                  Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

The only way I could personally see any form of Z working on Toonami is Kai, and I'd be willing to bet money that Nick has that on lockdown with the Buu Saga more than likely eminent to air this year or next, probably with the "Final Chapters" epithet logo that has been shown.

Regular Z is just too long winded and full of filler for a weekly show. Although the casual viewer may not notice the difference, and it would definitely bring in more nostalgia hounds. Tricky show it is.
                    Last edited by Mach Rider; 04-27-2014, 11:49 PM.
                    Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

I think Nicktoons is done with Kai (and anything Dragon Ball). It hasn't been shown on the channel in about a year, so who knows? It's still running on Vortexx at least...
                      Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
                        . . .Why no mecha love, are they not counting my requests for Gundam Wing, Valvrave, and Fafner?
                        The continued lack of giant mecha is kind odd - that was one of the hallmarks of the old Toonami block. Always seemed to do well for them, too, and they had a mortal lock on the Gundam franchise (well, until 00).

Then again, they dealt almost exclusively with Bandai for their giant robot needs . . . So with Bandai AWOL from the American market right now, they may not have a reliable source for good mecha shows.
                        "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
                          DBZ would work terribly with Toonami's current format. DBZ is NOT a good weekly show. It became successful when it became a WEEKDAY (Mon-Fri) program. . . I remember when Toonami was running through the Cell Games episodes of DBZ right before they kicked the show off for good, it aired weekly, and I was actually watching the show every week, but it hardly ever felt like anything was accomplished...
                          Yeah, I can't imagine watching the Namek arc on a weekly basis. Even on a daily basis, it took forever to get through the big Goku vs. Freeza fight (those were a very, very long "five minutes").

I had the same problem with Yu Yu Hakusho. It worked great as a daily show, particularly those weeks where Toonami showed 4 episodes in a row. Most of their fights were four episodes long anyway, so that was great pacing. But moving it to a weekly show, for the "Chapter Black" arc. . . wow, that just killed it.
                          "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Good to see these ratings here. But let's see what next week will bring with AOT coming.
                            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                            Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                            Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Via TV Media Insights
                              Adult Swim Weekly Ratings Scorecard (April 21-27, 2014)

For its entire week in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is down 8 percent in total viewership (1.195 million vs. 1.310 million) and down 4 percent among Adults 18-49 (671,000 vs. 702,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 7 percent in total viewership (1.195 million vs. 1.287 million) and down 8 percent among Adults 18-49 (671,000 vs. 726,000) from the same week one year ago (Apr. 22-28, 2013).

TOONAMI – SATURDAY, APRIL 26, 2014

11:30PM Space Dandy 0.9 HH, 1.232 million viewers
                              12:00AM Bleach 0.9 HH, 1.302 million viewers
                              12:30AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.8 HH, 1.150 million viewers
                              1:00AM One Piece 0.7 HH, 987,000 viewers
                              1:30AM Blue Exorcist 0.7 HH, 978,000 viewers
                              2:00AM Black Lagoon 0.6 HH, 911,000 viewers
                              2:30AM Naruto 0.6 HH, 827,000 viewers
                              3:00AM Ghost in the Shell 0.5 HH, 640,000 viewers
                              3:30AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.4 HH, 622,000 viewers
                              4:00AM Samurai Jack 0.4 HH, 603,000 viewers
                              4:30AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.4 HH, 564,000 viewers
                              5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.5 HH, 622,000 viewers
                              5:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.4 HH, 562,000 viewers

Full grid coming soon.
                              All Times Eastern & Pacific

Source: Nielsen Media Research

Comment

Pretty nice ratings this week. Everything before 3 AM is quite impressive. I also really enjoyed Toonami this week, some great episodes aired.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X