Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing Black Lagoon on Toonami! It's one of my all-time favorite anime, and seeing it once more before buying it doesn't sound like a bad idea. I hope they also show Roberta's Blood Trail (which I haven't seen).

I'm thinking Attack on Titan will be on Toonami after either Space Dandy or Bleach finish (isn't Bleach supposed to be over sometime this Summer?). I can see that getting huge ratings. I'm already surprised Netflix put up a subtitled version of the show...
    Bleach ends in October, according to Blu-Ray listings in Japan Space Dandy is slated to be 13 episodes, so it ends the last week of March.

Comment

It's kinda hard to picture Toonami (or even [adult swim]) without Bleach, so I'm curious to see what takes it's place. If Space Dandy really is lasting only 13 episodes, then Attack on Titan seems like a given for April, given that it will be out on DVD in Australia in "the middle of the year, possibly in June."

It's interesting that Bleach is ending here about 10 years to the day of it's Japanese premiere. I could see there being a "Final Act"-type wrapup show in the future (possibly around when the manga ends). Speaking of that, I'm very surprised Toonami hasn't picked up Inuyasha: The Final Act. Since it's a Viz show, we might see it show up when Bleach ends (just my thoughts).
      Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

It's kinda hard to picture Toonami (or even [adult swim]) without Bleach, so I'm curious to see what takes it's place. If Space Dandy really is lasting only 13 episodes, then Attack on Titan seems like a given for April, given that it will be out on DVD in Australia in "the middle of the year, possibly in June."

It's interesting that Bleach is ending here about 10 years to the day of it's Japanese premiere. I could see there being a "Final Act"-type wrapup show in the future (possibly around when the manga ends). Speaking of that, I'm very surprised Toonami hasn't picked up Inuyasha: The Final Act. Since it's a Viz show, we might see it show up when Bleach ends (just my thoughts).
        I'm actually calling Gargantia or Tiger & Bunny replacing Bleach. InuYasha doesn't end until near the end of November, so I'm predicting Final Act won't show up until the first open slot after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post

I'm actually calling Gargantia or Tiger & Bunny replacing Bleach. InuYasha doesn't end until near the end of November, so I'm predicting Final Act won't show up until the first open slot after that.
          I'll take either one, but Tiger & Bunny seems to fit the AS profile better than Gargantia in my view.
          Currently Watching | MAL Profile
          Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Why not another long-runner like Fairy Tail?
            Mari can't pull herself together because the Girl Friends Complete Collection 2 is about to be released by Seven Seas ON JANUARY 8TH or else Akko will get.....
            Girls' Love Festival 10!!! 9/29/2013, On the edge of October; not exactly Labor Day!
            Follow my VERY useful thoughts on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by angelx03 View Post
              Not Hunter x Hunter?
              AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Here's the thing, while not a confirmed rule, there does seem to be some form of etiquette when it comes to what kind of show replaces another. In premiere slots, FUNimation shows replace FUNimation shows and now it's pretty much confirmed an Aniplex show will replace Sword Art Online in the form of Blue Exorcist. It's common thinking to assume another Viz show will replace Bleach when its time to end comes. Maybe Williams Street will decide to grab Fairy Tail, or Hunter X Hunter if that ends up being an option to maintain the long-form shonen anchor, but for now it's best to assume they'll finally take Viz up on their offer for Tiger & Bunny.

Comment

I'm liking the current Toonami line up. Truth be told, I'd grown bored with One Piece way back when, and even stopped watching it for a while (around the Skypeia arc). But I can definitely see why people like the "Water 7" arc - its already demonstrating a degree of emotional depth and plot sophistication missing from a lot of the early Straw Hat adventures.

Naruto Shippuden's looking promising, too. Always been a fan of good character development, and with the 2.5 year jump, the characters have definitely been allowed to grow and mature. Then there's Soul Eater, which is going nicely, although I can also see why it doesn't make the top ten lists.

Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post
                  Here's the thing, while not a confirmed rule, there does seem to be some form of etiquette when it comes to what kind of show replaces another. In premiere slots, FUNimation shows replace FUNimation shows and now it's pretty much confirmed an Aniplex show will replace Sword Art Online in the form of Blue Exorcist. It's common thinking to assume another Viz show will replace Bleach . . .
                  I don't remember how they exactly phrased it, but the Toonami guys did mention (on their Tumblr) that there are long-running, pre-existing deals with certain R1 companies that impact what shows they can get.
                  "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Via TV Media Insights
                    Adult Swim Weekly Ratings Scorecard (January 20-26, 2014)

For its entire week in Total Day (9 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is up 2 percent in total viewership (1.258 million vs. 1.239 million) and down 3 percent in viewers Adults 18-49 (710,000 vs. 730,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 8 percent in total viewership (1.258 million vs. 1.370 million) and down 9 percent in viewers Adults 18-49 (710,000 vs. 783,000) from the same week one year ago (Jan. 21-27, 2013).

TOONAMI – SATURDAY, JANUARY 25, 2014
                    (in total viewers)

11:30PM Space Dandy 0.9 HH, 1.251 million
                    12:00AM Bleach 0.9 HH, 1.158 million
                    12:30AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.8 HH, 1.177 million
                    1:00AM One Piece 0.7 HH, 955,000
                    1:30AM Soul Eater 0.6 HH, 833,000
                    2:00AM Sword Art Online 0.6 HH, 820,000
                    2:30AM Fooly Cooly 0.5 HH, 689,000
                    3:00AM Naruto 0.5 HH, 659,000
                    3:30AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.4 HH, 536,000
                    4:00AM Ghost in the Shell 0.4 HH, 524,000
                    4:30AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.4 HH, 547,000
                    5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.6 HH, 736,000
                    5:30AM Inuyasha 0.5 HH, 637,000

Full grid coming soon.
                    All Times Eastern & Pacific

Source: Nielsen Media Research

Comment

Space Dandy dropped from 1.41M to 1.25M. Maybe some people couldn't grasp the motif and decided to drop it after 3 weeks. But still 1.25M is a solid number for this type of show.
                      Currently Watching | MAL Profile
                      Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Wow, Shippuden actually pulled in more viewers than Bleach this time. OP did pretty good as well. Space Dandy did drop a bit but its still pulling in solid numbers. Its also good to see the last half of the block balance out a bit after last week's unusually low drop.

Comment

My take on Black Lagoon airing on Toonami,
                          Personally I don't see how they are going be able to air it since they will have to censor quite a bit, Revy seems to drop F bombs every other sentence. The amount of violence shouldn't be a real problem I guess until we get to Second Barrage and the Vampire Twins arc. To me this seems like it will be an experiment to see how "adults only" shows will do with there target audience.
                          My gaming names/friend number. Please fell free to add me to yours or send me a request. I will add anyone from this site who wishes to give me theirs.

Nintendo Network ID: RMP123
                          PSN: RYPLYLER
                          3DS: 5327-0918-4237

Comment

Originally posted by Orihimes_Boyfriend View Post
                            My take on Black Lagoon airing on Toonami,
                            Personally I don't see how they are going be able to air it since they will have to censor quite a bit, Revy seems to drop F bombs every other sentence. The amount of violence shouldn't be a real problem I guess until we get to Second Barrage and the Vampire Twins arc. To me this seems like it will be an experiment to see how "adults only" shows will do with there target audience.
                            Yeah, I just can't see how it faring well if it gets watered down like that. I think I will check out an episode just to see how ridicous the bleeping gets.
                            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nene Yoshiro, Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
                            Watching: Luck & Logic, Soul Link, Happiness, Toonami Stuff
                            Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
                            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Orihimes_Boyfriend View Post
                              My take on Black Lagoon airing on Toonami . . . To me this seems like it will be an experiment to see how "adults only" shows will do with there target audience.
                              Deadman Wonderland isn't "Adult Only"? Wow . . . those are some really jaded kids . . .

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                              Yeah, I just can't see how it faring well if it gets watered down like that. I think I will check out an episode just to see how ridicous the bleeping gets.
                              Did you ever see ADV's anime club promo for Elfen Lied? Most blatantly censored, completely unwatchable editing job I've ever seen. Every time there was even the slightest bit of violence or blood shed, the club dvd version cut to a generic red screen. . . . There's no way the Toonami version of Black Lagoon can be worse than that. 'Course, that doesn't guarantee it'll be watchable . . .
                              "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

According to the on-air Q&A, Black Lagoon edits are confirmed. Blue Exorcist is also confirmed to air February 22nd.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X