X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toonami is back on May 26th, 2012!

Originally posted by Dragonpiece View Post
    Originally posted by SRanger View Post
    wow, awesome! any news regarding the lineup?
    Line up so far
    12:00 AM / 3:00 AM - Bleach
    12:30 AM / 3:30 AM - TBA
    1:00 AM / 4:00 AM - TBA
    1:30 AM / 4:30 AM - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
    2:00 AM / 5:00 AM - TBA
    2:30 AM / 5:30 AM - Cowboy Bebop
    wow, I never knew that Toonami/ adult swim started that late for the East Coasters, they don't air it in advance? Bleach, FMA:B, and Cowboy Bebop are all classic Cartoon Network anime staples. I'm wondering if they were able to get some new shows. Honestly, I'd rather Toonami kind of stray away from some of the older classics they used to air back in the day like DBZ, YYH, and Kenshin.

Comment

It's back, yess!!!!!!!!!

I can only wonder what new shows they got.
      Useful MAL Blog Entries | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC | PSN: Videogameaddict2 | XBL: BigOnAnime94

Comment

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ting-on-may-26

I don't know if this lineup is valid or not, but it looks like there are no new shows as of right now..

Comment

I don't know if this lineup is valid or not, but it looks like there are no new shows as of right now..
          That's the exact same lineup they've rolled out every weekend in the early A.M. for months now. If all they're doing is rebranding the block and maybe creating a few new Tom intros, that's a pretty silly joke indeed.
          asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
          Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
          Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

DIRECTV lineup at the moment looks like this...as noted here

12A - Bleach
            12:30A - To Be Announced (1 hr)
            1:30A - Fullmetal Achemist: Brotherhood
            2A - To Be Announced (30 min)
            2:30A - Cowboy Bebop
            3A [block repeats from 12A]

Comment

Re: Possibility of Cartoon Network bringing back Toonami?

Originally posted by One Vorlon View Post
              I'm not sure we can say what would - or would not - kill a revived Toonami. Its simply not clear what killed it the first time around.
              Um, that one's easy -- money. The temptation of owning and airing their own original properties (and benefiting from the additional media and merchandising revenue streams), vs. having to fork over licensing fees for shows that might not pull in the strongest ratings.

I'd written off anime on cable as being dead and gone, so this doesn't affect me one way or the other. It's nice in that it lets people know "hey, this still exists!", but I doubt it'll last long if it's just stuff that's been rerun a billion times before.

-XCN-

Comment

Regardless of the ultimate fate of this revived block, I have a perma-grin on my face for one last run of Toonami.
                ♫...I can see the sunlight, looking into your eyes; You're riding next to me, and we both become one...♫

Comment

Yessssssssssss

Comment

Wow. It actually happened. That is really awesome. Too bad I don't have TV. Hopefully I'll be able to catch it at other places once in a while.
                    My Top Anime | Manga
                    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                    My FP Reviews | Twitter
                    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Awesome! Now, we have to wait and see what the lineup is going to be. My best bet is that it will be announced this Saturday in one of their bumps.
                      Avatar: Satellizer el Bridget from Freezing
                      Profile Picture: Yaya from Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (Unbreakable Machine Doll)

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post

DIRECTV lineup at the moment looks like this...as noted here

12A - Bleach
                        12:30A - To Be Announced (1 hr)
                        1:30A - Fullmetal Achemist: Brotherhood
                        2A - To Be Announced (30 min)
                        2:30A - Cowboy Bebop
                        3A [block repeats from 12A]
                        http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/to...r-schedule.jpg

12:00am - Bleach
                        12:30am - ???
                        1:00am - ???
                        1:30am - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
                        2:00am - ???
                        2:30am - Cowboy Bebop
                        3:00am to 5:30am - block repeat

Comment

via ANN
                          Toonami Revival to Have 'New Original Anime Programming'
                          posted on 2012-05-16 21:39 EDT

Press release also reveals that return of block will be aired on Saturdays from 12-6 a.m.

A Wednesday press release released by Adult Swim, the cable and satellite network that is paired with Cartoon Network, has revealed that the network is developing "new original anime programming" for the return of the Toonami programming block. Previous series featured on the block will also make their return.

The release also reveals that the revived block will be shown once a week from midnight to 6 a.m. on Saturdays.

The company had asked its Twitter followers in April if they would want the block back. Cartoon Network temporarily brought back Toonami on April Fool's Day, with reruns of such anime as Dragon Ball Z, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo!, Outlaw Star, Blue Submarine No. 6, Trigun, and more. The marathon had even included newly produced bumper videos of Toonami's mascot T.O.M.

Cartoon Network ended Toonami in 2008 after an 11-year run.

Source: The Futon Critic

Comment

Oh, look at that. "New original anime programming" -- i.e. stuff they co-own. Wonder how many slots will be left for actual new licenses.

-XCN-

Comment

Its on way too late. Back in 2003 I watched Toonami/AdultSwim for Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell and maybe Big O and Bleach, then I went to bed.
                              My DVD List: DVDAficianado / DVDProfiler - My Manga: ANN Manga - Visible collection (includes non-anime - current as of Sept 27th)

Comment

To be honest, I just want an excuse to watch regular cable again :x

I feel like Toonami will have the strongest community it has had ever now that anime is far more accessible online and with all the online user communities that pretty much grew up with Toonami.

I mean, with the timeslot they have right now, they definitely aren't trying to cater to new anime fans or kids. They are looking at the people who grew up with Toonami and the hardcore anime fans that want to experience, what it's like following a series on a weekly basis on national cable TV.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X