Widgets Magazine

1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Possibility of Cartoon Network bringing back Toonami?

well if do bring it back will it be one day a week, weekends version, weekdays version, or last thing we would be going YES it's maybe it own channel block (give most of would dream to see).

besides we would like it back give with more anime from 90s era, 2000s, or today era mix together.
    LIVING THE ANIME DREAM
    ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
    WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD DECADES
    MAR-KLAC-VELOUS OF ANIME WORLD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emMKAOgxaU0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie View Post
      I would love to see Toonami come back as a vehicle for Sailor Moon to air and be re-released in R1 land.
      And maybe to finally get Pretty Cure to air on TV here.
      Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Originally posted by doubleO7 View Post
        Originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie View Post
        I would love to see Toonami come back as a vehicle for Sailor Moon to air and be re-released in R1 land.
        I was just thinking about that afew days ago. While it doesn't really fit with Adult Swims target audience, it would be pretty cool if they at least aired a SM marathon for april fools. It would have a bigger impact if they made the broadcast a stealth licensing reveal. No prior announcement from whatever company got it (likely FUNi), no mention at cons, no nothing. [AS] could drop some hints that anime fans should watch that night. Then it airs and BAM!, FUNimations logo pops up, TOM could even throw in a blurb for the eventual DVD release. Half the internet would need a change of pants

I think that would be a fun way to learn that Sailor Moon had finally been licensed.
        Anime fans would riot in the streets in pure joy!
        Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
        Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
        Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

Toonami Revival Discussion

I know a thread probably hasn't been needed yet due to getting no news, but I just learned that we actually just got a promo last night. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5DYNpwOT2s

This go's along nicely with that recent May 26th place holder schedule we got recently which has this schedule..

12:00 AM / 3:00 AM - Bleach
          12:30 AM / 3:30 AM - TBA
          1:00 AM / 4:00 AM - TBA
          1:30 AM / 4:30 AM - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
          2:00 AM / 5:00 AM - TBA
          2:30 AM / 5:30 AM - Cowboy Bebop

So what do you guys think?

Comment

Someone in the comments is pretty sure that's a standard [as] promo and not a Toonami one.
            "I'm sorry, did you say something? Because your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass."
            Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table~
            Avatar: Grown up Yue Ayase from Negima.

Comment

Yeah, the users over at the [as] message boards have already figured out that it was an old bump that originally aired back in January 2011. Admittedly it does feature Toonami-esque music, so I suspect its just [as] trolling us by airing that bump during their anime lineup two weeks out from the revamped schedule.

Comment

Re: Toonami Revival Discussion

Originally posted by Dragonpiece View Post
                I know a thread probably hasn't been needed yet due to getting no news, but I just learned that we actually just got a promo last night. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5DYNpwOT2s

This go's along nicely with that recent May 26th place holder schedule we got recently which has this schedule..

I believe the week of May 21st is when CN switches to their Summer schedule. The last time we had a blank slot like this on the AS schedule Durarara was announced.

With so many slots being blank, the possibility of Toonami being resurrected is quite promising.

On a side note: The YouTube video was removed. I'm not sure if that was by the request from AS or not.
                Last edited by joelgundam01; 05-13-2012, 03:32 PM.
                Avatar: Satellizer el Bridget from Freezing
                Profile Picture: Yaya from Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (Unbreakable Machine Doll)

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonpiece View Post

It could be a number of things. Ever since Durarara ended, there have been no new announcements for anything. But at least there is something going on.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                  Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                  Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I'm a little surprised they're keeping Brotherhood in the rotation after . . . what? Three times through the entire series? I'd think they'd want to switch it up a bit - even thinking inside the box, swapping in the original Fullmetal Alchemist for a while makes sense.
                    "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Originally posted by One Vorlon View Post
                      I'm a little surprised they're keeping Brotherhood in the rotation after . . . what? Three times through the entire series? I'd think they'd want to switch it up a bit - even thinking inside the box, swapping in the original Fullmetal Alchemist for a while makes sense.
                      Actually, I think they are only on the second time through for the second half of the series (and haven't finished yet). They did repeat the first (something like 30 or so) episodes waiting for the second half (dubbing or media release date, not sure which) to be ready, so yeah, the first half of the series has been seen 3 times, while we are still in the 2nd viewing of the second half... if I'm remembering correctly.

Comment

toonami over the summer? please. let it happen.

Comment

https://twitter.com/#!/adultswim/sta...66436597743616
                          Attention Toonami Faithful: We heard you. On 05.26.12 #ToonamisBackBitches http://ow.ly/i/D8Rj

Comment

Oh, if only my cable wasn't canceled now

Well, good news anyway. Really glad TOM and the crew are back.
                            "I'm sorry, did you say something? Because your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass."
                            Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table~
                            Avatar: Grown up Yue Ayase from Negima.

Comment

Re: Toonami is back on May 26th, 2012!

wow, awesome! any news regarding the lineup?

Comment

Re: Toonami is back on May 26th, 2012!

Originally posted by SRanger View Post
                                wow, awesome! any news regarding the lineup?
                                Line up so far

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X