1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.facebook.com/Toonami/posts/2170611569896345

Step into an enchanting new episode of Pre-Flight! This week, Jason and Gill choose their favorite "mythical place" movies and discuss The Vision of Escaflowne. Then, find out what's happening on this Saturday's episodes of Attack on Titan and The Promised Neverland. Plus, we're sharing our brand new trailer for Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin, premiering July 6th at 3a! Last but not least, drop to the beats of our newest Adult Swim Singles track by IKONIKA.

Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/Toonami/pho...75293802761455

Better bring your appetite, because Toonami and Sentai Filmworks are serving up a brand new show on the Saturday night menu! Food Wars premieres next Saturday night at 1:00a. Check out the full lineup below to see what Toonami's cooking up, starting July 6th from 11p – 4a!

July 6th Line-Up:
      11:00PM - Dragon Ball Super
      11:30PM - Attack on Titan
      12:00AM - Sword Art Online: Alicization
      12:30AM - Lupin the 3rd Part V
      1:00AM - Food Wars
      1:30AM - Black Clover
      2:00AM - Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
      2:30AM - Naruto: Shippuden
      3:00AM - Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin
      3:30AM - My Hero Academia

Comment

• From yesterday...

For the entire week of June 17-23, 2019 in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is up 5.4 percent in viewership (517,000 vs. 491,000) and up 5.3 percent among Adults 18-49 (327,000 vs. 310,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 33 percent in viewership (517,000 vs. 769,000) and down 30 percent among Adults 18-49 (327,000 vs. 469,000) from the same week one year ago (June 18-24, 2018).
        TOONAMI - SATURDAY, JUNE 22, 2019
        10:30 My Hero Academia (r) 424 0.17 224
        11:00 Dragon Ball Super 581 0.27 353
        11:30 Attack on Titan 349 0.16 208
        12:00a The Promised Neverland 274 0.13 165
        12:30a Sword Art Online: Alicization 286 0.13 170
        1:00a Lupin the 3rd: Part 5 234 0.12 152
        1:30a Black Clover (r) 256 0.13 167
        2:00a Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 225 0.12 154
        2:30a Naruto: Shippuden (r) 210 0.11 141
        3:00a Hunter X Hunter (r) 189 0.10 130
        Source: Live+Same Day data, Nielsen Media Research

Comment

• wow bumping MHA to the dead end slot
          My Anime List
          YouTube <- I do collection Videos
          Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

• I certainly wasn't expecting Food Wars on Toonami seeing that Sentai isn't as open to putting stuff on the block as Funimation, Viz, and Aniplex are. Hopefully, this means that a release for The Third Plate is due to be solicited soon seeing that it came at a time when Sentai stopped working with Crunchyroll in response to their partnership with Funimation and not wanting it to end up only on Amazon, Crunchyroll took hold of the licensing rights. It won't be until next year when the dubbed episodes of The Third Plate are due to air, but this ought to be a sign that it's release is coming soon.
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
            Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
            Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
              I certainly wasn't expecting Food Wars on Toonami seeing that Sentai isn't as open to putting stuff on the block as Funimation, Viz, and Aniplex are.
              Sentai isn't as open to putting stuff on the block as Funimation, Viz, and Aniplex are? How do you know? The decision is up to Toonami on what shows gets added. Sentai Filmworks also always have the stance of letting Toonami know if you want their title to be airing: https://twitter.com/search?q=Toonami...d_query&f=live.

Hopefully, this means that a release for The Third Plate is due to be solicited soon seeing that it came at a time when Sentai stopped working with Crunchyroll in response to their partnership with Funimation and not wanting it to end up only on Amazon, Crunchyroll took hold of the licensing rights. It won't be until next year when the dubbed episodes of The Third Plate are due to air, but this ought to be a sign that it's release is coming soon.
              We probably won't see home video release solicited until sometime after The Third Plate airs on Toonami (if it goes that far).

Comment

• https://ask.fm/Clarknova/answers/155029147113
                Why is My Hero Academia moving all the way to 3:30 AM? You did say that you guys don't care about ratings as much as before, but this move sounds particularly cruel.

People weren't watching it where it was. If everyone who is mad about the move had watched the show when it was in its earlier slot, it wouldn't have been moved. It really is that simple. And don't worry, I'm sure it will move back up at some point. We have a lot of lineup changes happening this year!
                https://ask.fm/Clarknova/answers/155029731049
                I ask that you do whatever you can to appeal to whoever decided MHA should move all the way to the back, to consider moving it to midnight, 1am, or even 2am instead. Give it one more chance while the schedule is regularly fluctuating.

I'll certainly keep the request in mind.

Comment

• Didn't exactly seem like Toonami material, but I'm happy for it. Lots of Shokugeki news these days!
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

• That was quite the extreme move to drop MHA all the way to the bottom of the lineup. I have to think that Toonami is trying to prepare for life after Dragon Ball Super and trying to figure out their lineup. I have to think that once SAO Alicization goes on break in a few weeks that MHA will at least air sooner, but only time will tell.
                    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

That was quite the extreme move to drop MHA all the way to the bottom of the lineup. I have to think that Toonami is trying to prepare for life after Dragon Ball Super and trying to figure out their lineup. I have to think that once SAO Alicization goes on break in a few weeks that MHA will at least air sooner, but only time will tell.
                      After tonight's episode of MHA (which wraps up the first part of the Provisional License Exam arc), only seven more episodes remain for season 3. That would end MHA Season 3 on August 17th, with at best only the next two episodes doomed to that late timeslot, as SAO Alicization's last episode before the break is July 13th.
                      Avatar: Kirino Kousaka from Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
                      My Anime Collection

Comment

• For the entire week of June 24-30, 2019 in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is down 1.7 percent in viewership (508,000 vs. 517,000) and down 0.8 percent among Adults 18-49 (324,000 vs. 327,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 34 percent in viewership (508,000 vs. 765,000) and down 29 percent among Adults 18-49 (324,000 vs. 459,000) from the same week one year ago (June 25-July 1, 2018).
                        TOONAMI - SATURDAY, JUNE 29, 2019
                        10:30 My Hero Academia (r) 438 0.21 268
                        11:00 Dragon Ball Super 549 0.27 354
                        11:30 Attack on Titan 309 0.15 189
                        12:00a The Promised Neverland 242 0.12 153
                        12:30a Sword Art Online: Alicization 250 0.12 152
                        1:00a Lupin the 3rd: Part 5 217 0.12 152
                        1:30a Black Clover (r) 195 0.10 130
                        2:00a Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 185 0.09 114
                        2:30a Naruto: Shippuden (r) 161 0.08 107
                        3:00a Hunter X Hunter (r) 186 0.10 127
                        Source: Live+Same Day data, Nielsen Media Research

Comment

• Announced at AX, Demon Slayer is getting a dub and Toonami broadcast.

Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/Toonami/pho...79755588981943
                            The demon was unleashed at Anime Expo! Toonami's excited to announce the newest show joining us on Saturday nights. Demon Slayer premieres this fall, only on Toonami!

Comment

I certainly wasn't expecting Food Wars on Toonami seeing that Sentai isn't as open to putting stuff on the block as Funimation, Viz, and Aniplex are. Hopefully, this means that a release for The Third Plate is due to be solicited soon seeing that it came at a time when Sentai stopped working with Crunchyroll in response to their partnership with Funimation and not wanting it to end up only on Amazon, Crunchyroll took hold of the licensing rights. It won't be until next year when the dubbed episodes of The Third Plate are due to air, but this ought to be a sign that it's release is coming soon.
                              Not to mention this is the FIRST time in 4 years that Sentai Filmworks had an anime series aired on Toonami the last two were Akame ga Kill! and Parasyte.

Comment

• Originally posted by Animefan1995 View Post

Not to mention this is the FIRST time in 4 years that Sentai Filmworks had an anime series aired on Toonami the last two were Akame ga Kill! and Parasyte.
                                Maybe it is mainly because Crunchyroll owns the master rights of The Third Plate. When Toonami air The Third Plate, Sentai would have nothing to do with it.
                                ( Crunchyroll just arrange Sentai to release The Third Plate on Blu-ray, though)

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X