Widgets Magazine

1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • https://www.facebook.com/Toonami/pho...220731/?type=3
    If you're already pumped up about Comic Con, you might just want to sit down for this. Toonami is excited to announce that following our Pre-Flight live stream on Saturday, July 21st at 7:15p, there will be an exclusive performance by the pillows! Get ready to jam out following Pre-Flight at the Adult Swim State Park. Find out more info at www.adultswim.com/presents/sdcc-18/

    Comment


    • For the entire week of July 2-8, 2018 in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is down 5.9 percent in viewership (720,000 vs. 765,000) and down 5.2 percent among Adults 18-49 (435,000 vs. 459,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 11 percent in viewership (720,000 vs. 806,000) and down 10 percent among Adults 18-49 (435,000 vs. 481,000) from the same week one year ago (July 3-9, 2017).
      TOONAMI - SATURDAY, JULY 7, 2018
      10:30 Dragon Ball Super 754 0.35 453
      11:00 My Hero Academia (r) 560 0.26 338
      11:30 FLCL: Progressive 443 0.21 271
      12:00a Pop Team Epic 374 0.17 218
      12:30a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 382 0.16 212
      1:00a Hunter X Hunter (r) 435 0.18 234
      1:30a Black Clover (r) 400 0.17 221
      2:00a Naruto: Shippuden (r) 359 0.17 222
      2:30a Space Dandy (r) 307 0.14 184
      3:00a Cowboy Bebop (r) 304 0.15 191
      3:30a Lupin the 3rd: Part 4 (r) 273 0.13 167
      Source: Live+Same Day data, Nielsen Media Research

      Comment


      • I would have thought FLCL would be higher, but I guess not.

        Comment


        • Putting Pop Team Epic on Toonami is proving to be a mistake there seeing that the next three shows that come after it did better. I was just stunned at their decision to put such a show there when there were lots of better options, and not to mention I can't think of there being any requests for that show. So with the decision to put Pop Team Epic on along with a rerun of FLCL Progressive and going onto the next JBA, that means there aren't going to be any openings anytime soon. The end of FLCL Progressive would have been an ideal time to air the Attack on Titan season 3 simuldub, doing the same deal they did with My Hero Academia to air the first few episodes the same day as in Japan (or in this case, ahead of the Japanese broadcast), and then go back to the usual lag when the Labor Day holiday comes, while FLCL Progressive takes over for Stardust Crusaders while Diamond is Unbreakable starts when Pop Team Epic ends.

          Anyway, the next two shows I can see going on Adult Swim are Attack on Titan season 3 and Megalo Box. With Megalo Box, the futuristic and hip hop themes are a perfect fit for the block.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
          Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
          Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
            Putting Pop Team Epic on Toonami is proving to be a mistake there seeing that the next three shows that come after it did better. I was just stunned at their decision to put such a show there when there were lots of better options, and not to mention I can't think of there being any requests for that show. So with the decision to put Pop Team Epic on along with a rerun of FLCL Progressive and going onto the next JBA, that means there aren't going to be any openings anytime soon.

            Anyway, the next two shows I can see going on Adult Swim are Attack on Titan season 3 and Megalo Box. With Megalo Box, the futuristic and hip hop themes are a perfect fit for the block.
            September 29th would be the first real opening in the schedule, as Pop Team Epic's last episode would be September 22nd. After that, it would be December 1st (after two runs of FLCL Alternative). Labor Day weekend might be the only break that can be taken between now and Christmas as the final episode of FLCL Alternative's second run would be during Thanksgiving weekend. Also, this would allow Black Clover to finish its 51 episode run on December 15th, and free up that slot right after the New Year.

            Avatar: Kirino Kousaka from Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
            My Anime Collection

            Comment


            • ^^^^Unless they do december movie month
              My Anime List
              YouTube <- I do collection Videos
              Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

              Comment


              • https://www.facebook.com/Toonami/pho...594261/?type=3
                You want it, we want it, let's get it! Toonami is proud to announce that Attack on Titan is BACK. Season three premieres on August 18th!

                Comment


                • https://ask.fm/Clarknova/answers/148696080361
                  I'm frankly baffled that that most of the shows on Toonami can get under 300,000 adult viewers and stay on the air. That?s really where the bar is now? It's hard to believe that when you said One Piece was dropped mainly for low ratings and it rarely dropped below that at 2:30am. Is it really okay?


                  Believe it or not, that's about double our competition at that time. And we only need to do better than our competition. As far as One Piece, keep in mind that it wasn't just the ratings- it was the cost. One Piece is a massive hit in Japan and it doesn't come cheap.
                  Beyond that, as I've said like 1000 times, let US worry about ratings! Trust me, we are fine.

                  Comment


                  • August is going to be pretty busy for the three weeks leading up to Labor Day weekend. There will likely be a lot of schedule shuffling with the Attack on Titan Season 3 getting Space Dandy's place in the block (that reruns final episode is the week before the AoT premiere), but a more desirable time slot.
                    Avatar: Kirino Kousaka from Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
                    My Anime Collection

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Victor View Post
                      August is going to be pretty busy for the three weeks leading up to Labor Day weekend. There will likely be a lot of schedule shuffling with the Attack on Titan Season 3 getting Space Dandy's place in the block (that reruns final episode is the week before the AoT premiere), but a more desirable time slot.
                      Actually, Space Dandy's final episode rerun-wise airs two weeks before the AOT premiere. As such, there's a lot questioning as to what's going to happen in terms of the first two weeks in August. Outside of possibly doubling up on the other rerun show that night, someone on another board suggested doubling up on JoJo the night of the final Space Dandy episode and then have the following week be an AOT Season 2 marathon to lead up to Season 3 the following week. Not only would it solve the Space Dandy problem, but it would also solve the FLCL Progressive problem as well (basically, the lack of a break week meant that there's an extra week of that show airing unless there's a change in the schedule).
                      Joseph Klemm
                      "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

                      Spring 2015 Plans
                      Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
                      Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
                      Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TnAdct1 View Post

                        Actually, Space Dandy's final episode rerun-wise airs two weeks before the AOT premiere. As such, there's a lot questioning as to what's going to happen in terms of the first two weeks in August. Outside of possibly doubling up on the other rerun show that night, someone on another board suggested doubling up on JoJo the night of the final Space Dandy episode and then have the following week be an AOT Season 2 marathon to lead up to Season 3 the following week. Not only would it solve the Space Dandy problem, but it would also solve the FLCL Progressive problem as well (basically, the lack of a break week meant that there's an extra week of that show airing unless there's a change in the schedule).
                        August 4th - Final Episode of My Hero Academia Season 1.
                        August 11th - Final Episode of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Stardust Crusaders. Should also be the First Episode of My Hero Academia Season 2.

                        Could My Hero Academia end up taking a break for a few weeks when season 1 ends, have its marathon of season 1 Labor Day weekend, and then start season 2 on September 8th? Might Pop Team Epic get doubled up the final three weeks of August to finish that show before Labor Day weekend with that show ending up after 2 AM? After Labor Day, the schedule ends up being quite stable on the front end with Dragon Ball Super, My Hero Academia, FLCL Alternative, Attack on Titan, and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Diamond is Unbreakable holding the pre-1 AM slots.
                        Avatar: Kirino Kousaka from Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
                        My Anime Collection

                        Comment


                        • For the entire week of July 9-15, 2018 in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is down 1.0 percent in viewership (712,000 vs. 720,000) and down 5.0 percent among Adults 18-49 (413,000 vs. 435,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 11 percent in viewership (712,000 vs. 799,000) and down 12 percent among Adults 18-49 (413,000 vs. 471,000) from the same week one year ago (July 10-16, 2017).
                          TOONAMI - SATURDAY, JULY 14, 2018
                          10:30 PM Dragon Ball Super () 750 0.34 439
                          11:00 PM My Hero Academia (r) 497 0.20 261
                          11:30 FLCL: Progressive (r) 419 0.18 237
                          12:00a Pop Team Epic 391 0.17 219
                          12:30a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 380 0.17 219
                          1:00a Hunter X Hunter (r) 349 0.16 208
                          1:30a Black Clover (r) 343 0.17 215
                          2:00a Naruto: Shippuden (r) 368 0.18 230
                          2:30a Space Dandy (r) 290 0.13 169
                          3:00a Cowboy Bebop (r) 281 0.12 152
                          3:30a Lupin e 3rd: Part 4 (r) 274 0.12 153
                          Source: Live+Same Day data, Nielsen Media Research

                          Comment


                          • FLCL Alternative Trailer | Toonami | adult swim https://youtu.be/f3272MG741Q


                            FLCL Alternative premieres Saturday Sept 8th @ 11:30P ET

                            Comment


                            • https://www.facebook.com/Toonami/pho...117140/?type=3
                              In case you didn't hear all that cheering from our Pre-Flight at Comic Con show? Toonami is proud to announce that Boruto: Naruto Next Generations will be joining our Saturday night lineup, starting September 29th!

                              Comment


                              • Is shippuden almost done? or will they be airing both
                                My Anime List
                                YouTube <- I do collection Videos
                                Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

                                Comment

                                Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

                                Channels

                                Collapse

                                Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X