Widgets Magazine

1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Hero Academia is coming to Toonami on May 5. This show will replace Iron-Blooded Orphans that is going to end the week before. This was one of the most requested shows and given its marketability, it made sense to put it on the block.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Yeesh @ that dropoff. Wonder if there was something going on that night that sapped away ratings even moreso than normal. Was One Piece truly much worse than most of these ratings-wise?

My Hero Academia will hopefully breathe some life into the block.
      Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

• It's about time. I was just thinking that I can't believe it still isn't on there.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
          My Hero Academia is coming to Toonami on May 5. This show will replace Iron-Blooded Orphans that is going to end the week before. This was one of the most requested shows and given its marketability, it made sense to put it on the block.
          https://www.facebook.com/Toonami/pho...953203/?type=3

Toonami's got a new quirk! We're excited to announce the newest show joining our block: My Hero Academia! The first episode premieres May 5th at 11:30p and we'll be showing all three seasons!

This means FLCL season 1 will be pushed back to 12:00a, so check out the full line-up below:

10:30pm - Dragon Ball Super
          11:00pm - Dragon Ball Z Kai
          11:30pm - My Hero Academia
          12:00am - FLCL
          12:30am - JoJo
          1:00am - Hunter X Hunter
          1:30am - Black Clover
          2:00am - Naruto: Shippuden
          2:30am - Space Dandy
          3:00am - Cowboy Bebop
          3:30am - Ghost in the Shell 2nd GIG

Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/MomoCon/pho...463764/?type=3

Exciting updated news for the Friday night Toonami presents FLCL: Season 2 and 3 panel at MomoCon, featuring an early look at the two new seasons of FLCL coming your way from Adult Swim this year!

We're happy to welcome Maki Terashima-Furuta, President of Production IG USA will be joining the panel! Production IG has been involved in the creation of numerous anime television series, OVAs, theatrical films, and is further involved in video game design and development, as well as music publishing and management. Among its prominent works are Guilty Crown, Psycho-Pass, Eden of the East, and the Ghost in the Shell series. It is known in the video game industry for developing intros, cut-scenes, and artwork for games such as the Namco Tales Studio's title, Tales of Symphonia.

In all the panelists expected to participate are:
            Jason DeMarco – Senior Vice President/Creative Director, Adult Swim On-Air
            Maki Terashima-Furuta – President, Production IG USA
            Kari Wahlgren – voice of Haruko

Check out the event on Friday night: https://www.facebook.com/events/2121555894536130/

Comment

• From yesterday...

For the entire week of April 16-22, 2018 in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is down 1.6 percent in viewership (734,000 vs. 746,000) and down 2.6 percent among Adults 18-49 (459,000 vs. 471,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 10.1 percent in viewership (734,000 vs. 816,000) and down 9.4 percent among Adults 18-49 (459,000 vs. 506,000) from the same week one year ago (April 17-23, 2017).
              TOONAMI - SATURDAY, APRIL 21, 2018
              10:30 Dragon Ball Super 953 0.45 585
              11:00 Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 790 0.38 486
              11:30 Fooly Cooly (r) 579 0.27 354
              12:00a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 512 0.24 308
              12:30a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 472 0.23 293
              1:00a Black Clover 452 0.22 288
              1:30a Hunter X Hunter (r) 415 0.20 255
              2:00a Naruto: Shippuden(r) 398 0.19 243
              2:30a Space Dandy (r) 341 0.16 202
              3:00a Cowboy Bebop (r) 333 0.15 198
              3:30a Ghost In Shell: 2nd Gig (r) 323 0.16 203
              Source: Live+Same Day data, Nielsen Media Research

Comment

• While you countdown to the return of FLCL, take a trip to Production I.G. and sit down with the creators of FLCL: Progressive and FLCL: Alternative! You might have seen a snippet on TV or Pre-Flight, but check out the full segment below!

https://www.facebook.com/Toonami/vid...00241393600032

Comment

• From yesterday...

For the entire week of April 16-22, 2018 in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is up 3.6 percent in viewership (760,000 vs. 734,000) and up 5.8 percent among Adults 18-49 (485,000 vs. 459,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 6 percent in viewership (760,000 vs. 809,000) and down 2 percent among Adults 18-49 (485,000 vs. 495,000) from the same week one year ago (April 24-30, 2017).
                  TOONAMI - SATURDAY, APRIL 28, 2018
                  10:30 Dragon Ball Super 909 0.43 555
                  11:00 Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 767 0.35 445
                  11:30 Fooly Cooly (r) 610 0.27 353
                  12:00a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 518 0.22 281
                  12:30a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 451 0.19 242
                  1:00a Black Clover 486 0.20 261
                  1:30a Hunter X Hunter (r) 470 0.21 277
                  2:00a Naruto: Shippuden(r) 418 0.19 251
                  2:30a Space Dandy (r) 368 0.17 222
                  3:00a Cowboy Bebop (r) 374 0.17 214
                  3:30a Ghost In Shell: 2nd Gig (r) 345 0.15 195
                  Source: Live+Same Day data, Nielsen Media Research

Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/Toonami/posts/1903556889935149
                    Snag another sneak peek at the makings of FLCL: Progressive and FLCL: Alternative! The creators talk music, production, and animation. You might have caught a snippet on TV or Pre-Flight, but check out the full segment below! https://youtu.be/ExwSW34-42E

Comment

• I love behind-the-scenes material like this. I don't have cable, but I hope all of the extra material like this that they produced will be included on Funimation's eventual Blu-ray releases.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

• So with the way things are shaping up, Attack on Titan season 3 most likely will be the show that will replace FLCL Progressive when it ends, which would present an opportunity for Toonami to air the dub a day before show airs, at least until the holiday marathon weekends. So with FLCL starting on June 2 and running for six episodes, that puts the final episode on July 14 and the following Saturday is a day before the premiere. The next holiday break from there is Labor Day weekend, which comes after six episodes making it an ideal time to switch the simuldub to the usual lag time. As for the show FLCL Alternative replaces in September, it will be Stardust Crusaders as that show will end in August.

So to summarize my speculation:
                        DBZ Kai (currently airing), replaced by ? (July 7)
                        FLCL season 1 (currently airing), replaced by FLCL Progressive (June 2), then Attack on Titan season 3 (July 21)
                        Stardust Crusaders (currently airing), replaced by FLCL Alternative (September 8)

And speaking of holiday breaks, Memorial Day weekend is just around the corner, and the show that makes the most sense to marathon is the first season of FLCL since FLCL Progressive will begin the following week. For Independence Day weekend, I can't see it being anything other than the final episodes of DBZ Kai since the finale will be airing the week before. And Labor Day, FLCL Progressive marathon since FLCL Alternative is coming in September. But unlike with the other Toonami shows, FLCL does not fill up the entire block, so they will have to find something to fill in the rest, and ideally, this would be a great opportunity to air a movie. Toonami decides to do that, Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale would be the best choice, while Your Name would also be a great choice.

And then there is DBZ Kai that will be wrapping up on June 23. It will be interesting to see what they get to replace this show seeing how it has knocked it out of the park with its ratings, all while Dragon Ball Super has been on the air for a year and a half already. I can definitely see the final episodes of DBZ Kai making up the marathon the following weekend for the Independence Day holiday.
                        Last edited by Buckeye; 05-09-2018, 12:08 PM.
                        Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                        Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• I too am very curious what they end up replacing Kai with. I feel as though Yu Yu Hakusho would be a great choice (especially with its nice-looking HD transfer) and as far as throwback shows I feel as though it would be quite a bit more popular than Outlaw Star.
                          Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                            So to summarize my speculation:
                            DBZ Kai (currently airing), replaced by ? (July 7)
                            FLCL season 1 (currently airing), replaced by FLCL Progressive (June 2), then Attack on Titan season 3 (July 21)
                            Stardust Crusaders (currently airing), replaced by FLCL Alternative (September 8)
                            My thoughts and problems with the speculation:

-Do we know whether or not there's even going to be July 4th break week, given how the holiday falls on a Wednesday this year (and even if there's a break, it would probably happen on July 7th instead of June 30th (as people will more than likely take the Thursday and Friday after July 4th off, if Anime Expo is any indication)?

-More than likely, Toonami will rerun FLCL Progressive after the initial run ends (as there will be enough weeks to air that and ensure a Sept. 8 premiere for Alternative).

-Currently, the last episode of Stardust Crusaders is scheduled for either the 11th or 18th (it depends whether there's going to be a July 4th weekend break and, if there is a break, if Toonami decides to air the final two episodes on the same night to allow the show that will replace it a chance to air two episodes before the Labor Day break).
                            Joseph Klemm
                            "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
                            Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
                            Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
                            Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

• In regards to JoJo, there is still Diamond is Unbreakable that has yet to air.
                              Last edited by NJ_; 05-09-2018, 02:44 PM.
                              Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

• Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
                                In regards to JoJo, there is still Diamond is Unbreakable that has yet to air.
                                Stardust Crusaders did not air immediately after the first season ended, so I think that it will come after the next show ends.

While it remains to be seen if the Independence Day break is June 30 or July 7, just note that DBZ Kai is on schedule to end on June 23, and it would make all the sense in the world to have that be the show being marathoned during that holiday weekend.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X