1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.facebook.com/Toonami/vid...50648605225978

Toonami?s excited to announce the return of Space Dandy! Premiering January 27 @ 2:30am. Check out the full line up below:

10:30p - Dragon Ball Super
    11:00p - Dragon Ball Z Kai
    11:30p - Black Clover
    12:00a - JoJo: Stardust Crusaders
    12:30a - Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
    1:00a - Hunter x Hunter
    1:30am - Naruto: Shippuden
    2:00am - Outlaw Star
    2:30am - Space Dandy
    3:00am - Cowboy Bebop
    3:30am - GITS 2nd GIG

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/statu...16680626802688
    Full disclosure - we have a different show ready but unforeseen events have been made to last one bit (do not worry, it'll eventually be!). Luckily, dandy was waiting in the wings!

Comment

• For the entire week of January 1-7, 2018 in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is up 1.8 percent in viewership (830,000 vs. 815,000) and up 6.9 percent among Adults 18-49 (509,000 vs. 477,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 12.2 percent in viewership(830,000 vs. 945,000) and down 11.6 percent among Adults 18-49(509,000 vs. 576,000) from the same week one year ago (January 2-8, 2017).
      TOONAMI - SATURDAY, JANUARY 6, 2018
      10:30 Dragon Ball Super 971 0.46 589
      11:00 Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 869 0.40 511
      11:30 Black Clover 642 0.31 396
      12:00a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 530 0.27 342
      12:30a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphana 462 0.24 303
      1:00a Hunter X Hunter (r) 454 0.21 272
      1:30a Lupin the 3rd: Part 4 427 0.20 261
      2:00a Naruto: Shippuden(r) 384 0.18 230
      2:30a Outlaw Star (r) 386 0.17 222
      3:00a Cowboy Bebop (r) 407 0.19 245
      3:30a Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig (r) 401 0.19 239
      Source: Live+Same Day data, Nielsen Media Research

Comment

• For the entire week of January 8-14, 2018 in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is down 7.9 percent in viewership (764,000 vs. 830,000) and down 7.4 percent among Adults 18-49 (472,000 vs. 509,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 11.4 percent in viewership (764,000 vs. 862,000) and down 8.7 percent among Adults 18-49 (472,000 vs. 517,000) from the same week one year ago (January 9-15, 2017).
        TOONAMI - SATURDAY, JANUARY 13, 2018
        10:30 Dragon Ball Super 904 0.37 475
        11:00 Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 761 0.34 442
        11:30 Black Clover 609 0.29 371
        12:00a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 508 0.21 274
        12:30a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphana 455 0.19 249
        1:00a Hunter X Hunter (r) 460 0.22 280
        1:30a Lupin the 3rd: Part 4 428 0.21 276
        2:00a Naruto: Shippuden(r) 430 0.21 272
        2:30a Outlaw Star (r) 421 0.20 259
        3:00a Cowboy Bebop (r) 412 0.21 270
        3:30a Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig (r) 370 0.19 245

Comment

• https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/st...97601491849216
          "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art."

Lupin. Da Vinci. Tonight on Toonami.

Join us after the show for a livestream with @MichelleRuffvo1, @LexLang, @DougErholtz, @RichardEpcar & @ellynstern!
          (Tweet us Q?s with #LupinThe3rd)

Comment

• For the entire week of January 15-21, 2018 in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is up 3.4 percent in viewership(790,000 vs. 764,000) and up 4.2 percent among Adults 18-49(492,000 vs. 472,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 8.0 percent in viewership (790,000 vs. 859,000) and down 6.6 percent among Adults 18-49 (492,000 vs. 527,000) from the same week one year ago (January 16-22, 2017).
            TOONAMI - SATURDAY, JANUARY 20, 2018
            10:30 Dragon Ball Super 1068 0.51 658
            11:00 Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 844 0.39 507
            11:30 Black Clover 626 0.29 374
            12:00a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 540 0.26 338
            12:30a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphana 502 0.25 319
            1:00a Hunter X Hunter (r) 487 0.24 315
            1:30a Lupin the 3rd: Part 4 419 0.22 285
            2:00a Naruto: Shippuden(r) 427 0.22 287
            2:30a Outlaw Star (r) 396 0.20 261
            3:00a Cowboy Bebop (r) 434 0.21 274
            3:30a Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig (r) 383 0.19 250

Comment

• Man, going back to earlier in the topic (like 2015 or so) and comparing those ratings to the ones we get now is kind of worrisome. Are cable ratings just down across the board? Are these ratings just the new norm and nothing to worry about?
              Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

• Yeah, this has been a troubling trend. In particular, it shows up with DBZ Kai as the first season totally owned the ratings, and then it dropped from the 1100's and 1200's to the 800's. And then there's the rest of the lineup as well. Of course, there's also the fact that many of these shows can be watched through streams with only the Viz dubs and DBZ Kai stuff unavailable sometime after its Toonami broadcast.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach Rider View Post
                  Man, going back to earlier in the topic (like 2015 or so) and comparing those ratings to the ones we get now is kind of worrisome. Are cable ratings just down across the board? Are these ratings just the new norm and nothing to worry about?
                  I don't have any concrete sources, but I've heard more and more people have been "cutting the cord" and paying for internet and streaming instead on the news and some other random places. Especially since cable prices keep getting more and more ridiculous, and they keep forcing you to buy stuff you don't want, I can understand why people would drop TV altogether. My brother doesn't even watch TV anymore because he does EVERYTHING on his computer. Sports ratings have also been dropping, apparently so it's not just Cartoon Network suffering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art-chan View Post

I don't have any concrete sources, but I've heard more and more people have been "cutting the cord" and paying for internet and streaming instead on the news and some other random places. Especially since cable prices keep getting more and more ridiculous, and they keep forcing you to buy stuff you don't want, I can understand why people would drop TV altogether. My brother doesn't even watch TV anymore because he does EVERYTHING on his computer. Sports ratings have also been dropping, apparently so it's not just Cartoon Network suffering.
                    Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking myself. For me personally (and somewhat ironically), from June 2014 to August 2017 when the Toonami ratings were peaking I didn't have cable myself, but I recently moved for grad school and the town house complex I live in now includes basic cable with the rent for very cheap, so I finally do have access to Toonami now. Unfortunately, it's only CN West (and not in HD) so Toonami comes on very late and it looks like garbage because it's in SD. For me, that makes it not even worth watching and I'd rather just stick to Blu-ray releases or streaming since I'm pretty busy and would prefer to watch the shows in higher quality.

It's nice to have cable again (I love watching the NFL/NBA and having access to more of the games), but I definitely would not pay for it separately if given the choice. I think there's definitely some clout to what you're referencing with more and more people cutting the cord, and I would hope that reflects in their choices to keep Toonami on the air, as I definitely think it's a great opportunity to introduce anime to more and more people.
                    Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

• Some observations from the 1/26 Preflight livestream.
                      • Even more expansion is possible, Adult Swim (and cable networks in general) is taking a ratings hit but Toonami isn't as affected. Network has floated the idea of 10
                      • Titles asked about: Overlord, Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo (might be a no due to nudity), YuYu Hakusho
                      • More shirts coming, more merch (mostly FLCL 2&3 related)
                      • No major changes to the look of the block planned before the next big TIE in 2019
                      • They try to have at least one show that isn't requested as much as others
                      • DeMarco likes Fairy Tail, but there are a lot of long-runners on the block already
                      • Rights to Zoids are hard to acquire due to Bandai
                      • DeMarco liked working on Miguzi, didn't like the programming quite as much (was almost named Mizugi aka Swimsuit in Japanese but CN programming said no to that)
                      • Anything is possible in terms of Toonami getting a standalone channel/streaming service
                      • Decline of Toonami viewers is researched as a decline in cable in general. They're trying to get a new original series at least once a year
                      • They're looking at cons: Momocon, AX, SDCC, C2E2
                      • April Fools prank? Maaaaaaaaaaaybe
                      • They're looking at Tokyo Ghoul Re:
                      • They'd love to see Turn A Gundam get dubbed
                      • Short series aired over one night isn't impossible, but have the same issue as movies
                      Last edited by Rootsofjustice; 01-26-2018, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Those are some good tidbits. Zoids being stuck in licensing muck and them wanting to see Turn A Gundam dubbed in particular. Would be kind of annoying for people who just bought the Blu rays though...
                        Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

• Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post
                          April Fools prank? Maaaaaaaaaaaybe
                          Heh heh heh, Code Lyoko, Reboot, And TOTALLY SPIES!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post
                            April Fools prank? Maaaaaaaaaaaybe
                            Three words: Young Saint Men.
                            Joseph Klemm
                            "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
                            Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
                            Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
                            Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

• So as a quick update as to where things stand, here is a list of when the shows are approximately going to end assuming that it takes the same holiday breaks as last year:

Dragon Ball Super: November 2019
                              Dragon Ball Z Kai: June 2018
                              Black Clover: January 2019
                              Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders: August 2018
                              Iron-Blooded Orphans: April 2018
                              Hunter x Hunter: July 2019
                              Naruto Shippuden: Indefinite
                              Outlaw Star: March 2018
                              Space Dandy: August 2018 (replaces Lupin III that finished up last week)
                              Cowboy Bebop: March 2018
                              Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: May 2018

Of course seeing how Cowboy Bebop has been there forever that I can see it having another run once it finishes up. Outlaw Star is probably going to be replaced by another classic like Yu Yu Hakusho or Gundam Wing. The first big vacancy will be when Iron-Blooded Orphans finishes up in April, and that could be the time they put out the second season of FLCL that's due sometime this year. However, there's also the possibility of it going to Tokyo Ghoul:re since Funi will most definitely be simuldubbing it. And then there's the question of what show replaces DBZ Kai when it ends in June as a heavy hitter in needed to lead off the block, and with no more DBZ left to air that they will need to find something else to fill that void. It should be interesting to see what they decide to do. With the end of Dragon Ball Super having been announced that it means November 2019 is when its Toonami run is projected to end, and hopefully another Dragon Ball season will have begun by then to keep things going.
                              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                              Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                              Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• I wonder if they'll replace Space Dandy with Attack on Titan Season 3 and maybe shift some time slots around? I think besides FLCL that's the only other shoe-in I can think of, maybe Diamond is Unbreakable too. Although maybe with Stardust Crusaders ending around that time they'll replace that with AoT? Will be interesting to see what they do.
                                Last edited by Mach Rider; 01-27-2018, 08:33 PM.
                                Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X