X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

Originally posted by Victor View Post
    Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
    Those ratings took quite a big nosedive last weekend. This week is Thanksgiving, and Toonami hasn't announced what show is going to have its marathon yet. There's not much to choose from as Iron-Blooded Orphans had their marathon for Halloween, while Jojo's Bizarre Adventure isn't far enough (it's a sure bet for the Christmas or New Year's marathon), leaving only Hunter x Hunter and DBZ Kai as the only shows where a marathon makes sense, and I would have to think DBZ Kai gets the other December marathon weekend with the Cell Saga coming to an end soon.
    I don't know if this changes before the weekend, but my guide is showing the regular lineup for this weekend on Toonami. The fact that Jojo's Bizarre Adventure isn't far enough along may have something to do with that. Episode 5 just aired last week, and Toonami needs this week to run a normal lineup along with the three weeks following (December 3, 10, and 17) in order to finish the Phantom Blood arc (through episode 9) before Christmas. Episode 10 starts the Battle Tendency arc.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure will probably be the Christmas marathon. The New Year's weekend with New Year's Eve falling on Toonami's regular night may end up with Toonami taking the week off that night.
    That's just an odd thing to do to have a marathon on Halloween weekend even though that isn't a holiday where people are leaving town and on top of that, Halloween fell on a Monday this year, all while they are keeping the normal schedule for Thanksgiving, a weekend where people are out and about. They didn't have marathons on Halloween until last year when it fell on a Saturday, but I just don't understand Toonami's rationale for all this when it makes more sense to have Gundam's marathon on Thanksgiving and have the regular lineup for Halloween.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nene Yoshiro, Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
    Watching: Luck & Logic, Soul Link, Happiness, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Re: 1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

Moblie Suit Gundam UC RE: 0096 coming to Toonami

https://www.facebook.com/Toonami/pho...type=3&theater

Eventually we're going to run out of Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans episodes, but don't you worry. Toonami is proud to announce the newest show joining the line-up: Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn! Premiering January 7th at 1 AM!
      My Anime List
      YouTube <- I do collection Videos
      Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

• Re: 1 &amp; Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/statu...55266743422980
        #toonami fans who are hoping for a shorter show or two to pop into the block in 2017, which of these would you like to see most? Vote!
        -Tokyo Ghoul
        -Mob Psycho 100
        -Lupin III Pt. 4
        -Alternate Choice
        Love that Lupin Part 4 is being considered
        My Anime List
        YouTube <- I do collection Videos
        Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/statu...57583219703812
          Space Battleship Yamato 2199

Already tried that two years ago, won't be happening sorry. We really tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post

Eventually we're going to run out of Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans episodes, but don't you worry. Toonami is proud to announce the newest show joining the line-up: Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn! Premiering January 7th at 1 AM!
            I'm totally shocked at this announcement. This can already be watched on Crunchyroll, while there is quite a backlog of stuff that would make far more sense than this like Mob Psycho 100. Plus, there's the new Samurai Jack and FLCL that was supposed to be ready. And on top of that, there's the second season of Attack on Titan coming in the spring, meaning that the broadcast dub won't be allowed to start until June unless Toonami doesn't want to air Stardust Crusaders immediately after Jojo's is finished. I just don't get why they chose this show when it can be watched in other places.
            Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post

I guess they want to keep the Gundam going in the breaks in between Iron Blooded Orphans seasons. I wish they could've gotten the original Unicorn and secured bigger blocks to air the episodes, but this obviously a lot more feasible.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I have not heard good things about the TV version of Unicorn. I do hope that Sunrise plans to reprint the original OVA version of the Blu-rays at some point.

Eagerly awaiting for an announcement (or a non-announcement) about Kai moving on to Buu Saga.
                Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                  I just don't get why they chose this show when it can be watched in other places.
                  You do realise that this is literally the same for almost every other show Toonami airs? Your shock (for that reason) makes no sense at all. Even the example you give, Mob Psycho 100, is on Crunchyroll.

Comment

Originally posted by shokoti View Post
                    You do realise that this is literally the same for almost every other show Toonami airs? Your shock (for that reason) makes no sense at all. Even the example you give, Mob Psycho 100, is on Crunchyroll.
                    I think it is generally believed that Toonami sees having the exclusive dubbed premiere as more valuable, at the very least. For instance, FUNimation delayed the release of the broadcast dub of Dimension W on their own site so that Toonami would have an exclusive period. But Toonami has acquired shows like Michiko & Hatchin that was not a dubbed premiere so it varies.

Comment

http://programminginsider.com/?p=13093

For the entire week of November 21-27, 2016 in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is up +1 percent in viewership (0.898 million vs. 0.889 million) and down -0.2 percent among Adults 18-49 (531,000 vs. 532,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down -10 percent in total viewership (0.898 million vs. 0.997 million) and down -13 percent among Adults 18-49 (531,000 vs. 612,000) from the same week one year ago (November 23-29, 2015).

TOONAMI – SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2016

12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai 1205 0.54 692
                      12:30a JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure 856 0.40 510
                      1:00a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 772 0.35 448
                      1:30a Hunter X Hunter 714 0.34 432
                      2:00a Naruto: Shippuden 685 0.32 405
                      2:30a One Piece 607 0.28 353
                      3:00a One Punch Man (r) 609 0.29 372
                      Source: Live+Same Day data, Nielsen Media Research
                      Last edited by WTK; 11-30-2016, 08:05 PM.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ToonamiNews/stat...69676692635648

BREAKING NEWS: #Toonami announces two marathons for the holidays. See what they are and dates in the pic below.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - 12/24/2016

Dragon Ball Z Kai - 12/31/2016

Comment

OF COURSE DBZ is one of the marathons. Why WOULDN'T DBZ be one of the marathons?!

Comment

http://programminginsider.com/?p=13295

For the entire week of November 28-December 4, 2016 in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is down -8 percent in viewership (0.830 million vs. 0.898 million) and down -10 percent among Adults 18-49 (479,000 vs. 531,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down -18 percent in total viewership (0.830 million vs. 1.017 million) and down -21 percent among Adults 18-49 (479,000 vs. 604,000) from the same week one year ago (November 30-December 6, 2015).

TOONAMI – SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2016

12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai 1426 0.61 777
                            12:30a JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure 1062 0.48 615
                            1:00a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 950 0.42 538
                            1:30a Hunter X Hunter 845 0.38 483
                            2:00a Naruto: Shippuden 726 0.31 400
                            2:30a One Piece 640 0.27 345
                            3:00a One Punch Man (r) 611 0.24 306
                            Source: Live+Same Day data, Nielsen Media Research

Comment

The ratings have rebounded, which is a good thing seeing that I'm still puzzled by their decision to run the Iron-Blooded Orphans marathon during the Saturday before Halloween rather than Thanksgiving and having their normal lineup during that weekend. DBZ Kai has two more episodes while Iron-Blooded Orphans has one more, meaning that there's an open slot to fill on Dec. 17 that has yet to be announced.

Comment

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/12/...3000a618000012

Super dub premiering in January on Toonami. Does this mean no Kai Buu Saga? The plot thickens.

EDIT: I spoke too soon, they announced Kai Final Chapters just now as well for January 7th.
                                Last edited by Mach Rider; 12-07-2016, 01:01 PM.
                                Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X