• Show
Clear All

• Re: 1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

Originally posted by Chisel View Post
    Originally posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
    Originally posted by AbZeroNow View Post
    Michiko & Hatchin marathon Labor Day weekend
    http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/12661...on-the-lam#_=_
    I'm not really foreseeing good ratings for this.
    Well it is Labor Day weekend. I doubt they're expecting anything amazing either. Hence the decision to run a marathon instead of regular programming.
    I would rather have them doing a marathon for a different show, and DBZ Kai would be the most ideal. But they had their marathon already for Independence Day weekend, so the only other show that would make sense is SAO seeing that Akame ga Kill would not have aired enough episodes to have a marathon.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
    Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I'm liking Akame go Kill, at least what I've seen so far. It might've gotten a little dark, a little fast (what with the warehouse) . . . I'm optimistic, though.

On another topic, though - is the rest of Sword Art Online II just random adventures in ALO/New Aincrad? It was my understanding there's another game (with hyperspeed) at some point . . . Is that part of SAO II, or does it come later?
      "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Originally posted by One Vorlon View Post
        I'm liking Akame go Kill, at least what I've seen so far. It might've gotten a little dark, a little fast (what with the warehouse) . . . I'm optimistic, though.

On another topic, though - is the rest of Sword Art Online II just random adventures in ALO/New Aincrad?
        As the OP shows, it involves both.
        AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

On another topic, though - is the rest of Sword Art Online II just random adventures in ALO/New Aincrad? It was my understanding there's another game (with hyperspeed) at some point . . . Is that part of SAO II, or does it come later?
          Akame doesn't really go downhill until the final 8 or so episodes, and even then it's more 'meh' than awful. A move by the manga staff to wrap up the (still ongoing in the source material) story.

Comment

It was my understanding there's another game (with hyperspeed) at some point . . . Is that part of SAO II, or does it come later?
            That game is Project Alicization, which is actually a military program commissioned by the Japanese government to create top-down AI that would be used in unmanned vehicles and robots to reduce fatalities of soldiers

Spoiler ->as a result of a brutal war that occurred in 1999 involving warmongering vampires from South America that killed a lot of people in Japan

The arc is called Alicization (it appears after Mother's Rosario), and is supposedly going to be the final arc of the series (judging by the original web novels that premiered between 2005-2008, which the current series is based off of), and is the longest story arc, lasting 9+ volumes (compared to the average 2). Judging by the length, it would make better sense to adapt it as either an OVA miniseries that covers every LN a la Hellsing Ultimate or as a movie series a la Berserk movies rather than as a TV series.
            Last edited by Razzamatazz Buckshank; 08-15-2015, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Slight dropoff for Akame ga Kill and DBZ Kai from last week but still great numbers:
              http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...s-more/449384/

1.4 million for Akame ga Kill episode 2 is still great.

Comment

Sword Art Online continuing to show that good writing and good characters begets good numbers.

Expected for Kai since well they are taking forever to even get to Freeza. I cant believe it took the whole episode for only two wishes to be granted. I was sure that was online like a few pages in the manga.

I liked that AGK episode cause shirtless Tatsumi is best Tatsumi. Wish people tuned in for it.
                AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Great to see those ratings seeing that there was bound to be a dropoff. DBZ and AGK didn't lose much momentum after starting off with a bang. I'm just hoping that things hold strong until the week after Labor Day weekend when Esdeath is introduced.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
                  Watching: Stellvia, Baki, Toonami Stuff
                  Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/?p=263257

For the entire week of August 10-16, 2015 in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.),
                    Adult Swim is down 8 percent in total viewership (1.130 million vs. 1.227 million) and down 7 percent among Adults 18-49 (636,000 vs. 686,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 4 percent in total viewership (1.130 million vs. 1.171 million) and down 7 percent among Adults 18-49 (636,000 vs. 684,000) from the same week one year ago (August 11-17, 2014).

8:00 Dragon Ball Z Kai (r) 753 0.22
                    8:30 King of the Hill (r) 641 0.22
                    9:00 King of the Hill (r) 782 0.35
                    9:30 The Cleveland Show (r) 919 0.39
                    10:00 The Cleveland Show (r) 1261 0.50
                    10:30 American Dad (r) 1571 0.64
                    11:00 American Dad (r) 1792 0.77
                    11:30 Family Guy (r) 1840 0.77
                    TOONAMI – SATURDAY, AUGUST 15, 2015

12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai 1704 0.75 948
                    12:30a Akame Ga Kill 1442 0.65 826
                    1:00a Michiko & Hatchin 1298 0.58 732
                    1:30a Sword Art Online 1240 0.55 692
                    2:00a Naruto: Shippuden 992 0.48 612
                    2:30a One Piece 837 0.42 534
                    3:00a Attack On Titan (r) 849 0.38 483
                    Source: Live+Same Day data, Nielsen Media Research

Comment

Not bad! Wasn't expecting them to be as good as last week, but these still look pretty killer!
                      Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Man, I was expecting a drop back into the 1300-1400 range for Kai. If this is the new normal, I'm okay with it.

Comment

good numbers, no under mil second episode slump for AgK.

good...

Comment

One Piece lowest of the night again.

Comment

Originally posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
                              One Piece lowest of the night again.
                              Err, no. It actually beat Attack on Titan in Adults, which is more important.

Comment

Why does the toonami guy produce the rudest responses. My question was simple yet thats how he responds? http://ask.fm/Clarknova/answer/130754388457

No wonder the block is spiraling downwards yoy.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X