X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

Originally posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
    Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
    When will One Piece be replaced, its bad its getting less views than Shingeki reruns and worst its so far away from Shippuden.
    My question exactly but I sure do hope soon.
    I don't want One Piece replaced, but it may happen sooner rather than later. One Piece has had years to prove itself. If Attack on Titan keeps outperforming One Piece, sorry Toei.

Comment

Originally posted by Hrld View Post
      When will One Piece be replaced, its bad its getting less views than Shingeki reruns and worst its so far away from Shippuden.
      My question exactly but I sure do hope soon.
      I don't want One Piece replaced, but it may happen sooner rather than later. One Piece has had years to prove itself. If Attack on Titan keeps outperforming One Piece, sorry Toei.
      I hope they get World Trigger or Majin Bone on the block. We need some good sci fi action and both series are at the top of the sci fi genre for definitive action and music. World Trigger would be perfect due to its long length and really intense action and story that would resonate well with the viewers, Daisuke Ashihara had anime in mind in creating the series and Toei has done wonders in bringing it to life in a new way that even fans couldnt even envision. Imagine my Hyuse, and Satori, and Izumi on the big screen on american tv, it would be as good as date night with Kirito.

Majin Bone would be perfect too though due to its mindnumbingly insane action and plot and music. Toei needs to bring it west ASAP. Its top 15 anime of all time material.
      AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Holy shit, those are unbelievably amazing ratings! Kai shot way past what anything had ever hit before, to Family Guy levels, and even the Akame ga Kill! premiere is significantly higher than anything had ever been before. What a night. Perfect for the Resurrection 'F' theatrical run making big records at the same time, and fitting that the Kai episode hit 2015.
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

800k is NOT bad for 2:30am, and it's consistent too. Most cable shows on at that time would kill for such ratings. I definitely don't want One Piece replaced. IMO, it's the best show on the block. I haven't watched it in a long time though, but only because it's on so late.
          Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

While One Piece being replaced is not happening anytime soon, it does pull in less then the other shows. I do wonder if One Piece even has the same audience it does in Japan. Also I kind of agree with Tuna. I wouldn't mind seeing World Trigger on Toonami, provided it gets a dub.

Comment

One Piece is just a case of Funimation pushing it so hard yet it not being as popular as it is in Japan. Naruto and Bleach have out beat it since day 1 (in the U.S.) and still do to this day. One Piece feels completely forced to be on the block and I wish they'd find something better.

Comment

One Piece still performs very well. It often (usually?) does do better than the Attack on Titan reruns (also this is ATTACK ON TITAN we're talking about). I see no reason to replace it. Also Toonami decides what's on the block, not FUNi, and it's ratings are still enough to keep it on the block. They're stable, not shrinking. A couple years ago, it was standard for shows EARLIER in the block to get 800k. Shows on at 2:30am were pulling closer to 500k...
                Last edited by PurpleWarrior13; 08-11-2015, 09:21 PM.
                Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

One Piece feels completely forced to be on the block and I wish they'd find something better.
                  Well that's certainly one opinion. I however do not feel that way at all. I love One Piece and I think it fits fine on the block. One Piece will probably be on the block for longer than any of the other shows currently airing.

Comment

Originally posted by Duelist View Post
                    I love One Piece and I think it fits fine on the block. One Piece will probably be on the block for longer than any of the other shows currently airing.
                    I sincerely hope so... A part of me wants them to give it another time slot to air the show from beginning. I'm being too optimistic, but maybe some day it will get one?

Comment

Talk about a great weekend for ratings, and the timing couldn't be any better for Akame ga Kill to premiere using the momentum from the boost for DBZ Kai thanks to the movie that is out.
                      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Echidna, Re:Zero
                      Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
                      Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

One Piece is just a case of Funimation pushing it so hard yet it not being as popular as it is in Japan. Naruto and Bleach have out beat it since day 1 (in the U.S.) and still do to this day. One Piece feels completely forced to be on the block and I wish they'd find something better.
                        I'm sure One Piece, while not having one as big as Japan, still has a decent fan base here in America. As for why it's not garnering the same ratings like Naruto and Bleach, a couple of factors may come into play here:

1. The infamous 4Kids version of the show may still be on the minds of a number of viewers;

2. Between the episodes that 4Kids cut just to speed up Chopper's arrival and William Street not finishing the Skypiea arc, there's a lot of cut missing material that could make it hard for some viewers to follow the show if they haven't read the original manga.
                        Joseph Klemm
                        "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
                        Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
                        Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
                        Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

short answer: never.

if the ratings ever get to like .. double digits? it might leave (or if highers powers force more cuts) but the Toonami folks have said plenty of times it's not going anywhere

Comment

Michiko & Hatchin marathon Labor Day weekend
                            http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/12661...on-the-lam#_=_

Comment

Originally posted by AbZeroNow View Post
                              I'm not really foreseeing good ratings for this.

Comment

Originally posted by AbZeroNow View Post
                                I'm not really foreseeing good ratings for this.
                                Well it is Labor Day weekend. I doubt they're expecting anything amazing either. Hence the decision to run a marathon instead of regular programming.
                                My Anime List
                                Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X