1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

Meh. First time for everything. Doesn't look like that strong of a night overall.

Comment

According to Toonami Preflight, July 4th will have a DBZ Kai marathon that is all reruns.

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
        Michiko & Hatchin interuppting the Aniplex power hour getting those numbers is unfair. It was such a terrible start to an anime with unrealistic characters acting in inhumane ways that Im shocked that people wanted it on the block and thought other people would watch it. I bet it will fall down fast since it isnt that much like Jormungand, which would have benefited it since it is more of the entertaining action. Meanwhile this is more of the action that is best left to Lifetime movies, which are really good, and american novels.

Sword art online deserved way more, Death Gun even had armor plating made from a space battleship, which is insanely cool and unique. How many other games have such creative gear. Further, we got deep character interaction from Kirito and Death Gun, its the climax which is being handled in an excellent manner.
        Boo. Hoo. People like other things, get over it.

Originally posted by Razzamatazz Buckshank View Post
        The reason why Michiko & Hatchin got those numbers is because of the fact that Shinichiro Watanabe was involved in this series (you know what happens to a show whenever he's involved), and it's essentially the distaff counterpart demographics-wise to Black Lagoon (BL is seinen, aimed at men, whereas M&H is josei, aimed at women).
        I have to disagree, because the insinuation from this is that the show can't do well off of its own merit. The fact that Shinichiro Watanabe was the music producer for the show has nothing to do with its first-week performance, and to say such would completely diminish what the show has, on its own.
        My Collection: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...The-Collection
        My Reviews: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...060-My-Reviews
        Avatar: Waver Velvet (Fate/Zero)

Comment

Originally posted by AbZeroNow View Post
          According to Toonami Preflight, July 4th will have a DBZ Kai marathon that is all reruns.
          This is gonna go over well with people, no sarcasm. I expect good ratings for this.

Comment

Michiko and Hatchin is the kind of anime I could see doing well with AS's demographic. Its themes would appeal to people outside the fandom.
            Last edited by kyon; 06-23-2015, 08:34 PM.

Comment

To think that KLK has gotten even with DBZ Kai is surprising there. It's good to see that Michiko and Hatchin had a strong debut there, though it helps that it came after KLK instead of SAO.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nene Yoshiro, Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
              Watching: Luck & Logic, Soul Link, Happiness, Toonami Stuff
              Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Razzamatazz Buckshank View Post

The reason why Michiko & Hatchin got those numbers is because of the fact that Shinichiro Watanabe was involved in this series (you know what happens to a show whenever he's involved), and it's essentially the distaff counterpart demographics-wise to Black Lagoon (BL is seinen, aimed at men, whereas M&H is josei, aimed at women).

Also, stop with your delusional bullshit you keep spewing. It's annoying and does nothing.
                I dont know if there is any evidence here to strongly suggest or highly imply that the men viewers of Toonami turned off their tvs right when Kill La Kill ended and then someone how female viewers instantly turned on their tv at the start of Michiko & Hatchin, then some turned off while men returned to catch Sword Art Online. It just seems odd to suggest such a thing. I imagine it is only first week curiosity and like how the other watanabe shows do, people will be turned off as the quality declines in the next few weeks the same as what happened with the terrible Terror in Tokyo and Space Dandy, with neither show becoming cultural phenomenons.

Originally posted by BlueAlexander93 View Post
                There is nothing here to suggest that people liked Michiko & Hatchin though. All online commentary suggests that people disliked the content of the show implying no one will return in the coming weeks for it. There is no market for such a show on American tv, especially one with a loli as the lead character who most likely will contribute nothing but whining and creying to the plot.
                AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by BlueAlexander93 View Post
                  There is nothing here to suggest that people liked Michiko & Hatchin though. All online commentary suggests that people disliked the content of the show implying no one will return in the coming weeks for it. There is no market for such a show on American tv, especially one with a loli as the lead character who most likely will contribute nothing but whining and creying to the plot.
                  There is nothing here that makes your bullshit excuse valid. You are saying bullshit just because you hate the show. Get this through your messed up head...YOUR OPINION DOES NOT EQUAL EVERYONE ELSE'S OPINION...
                  Last edited by ZeroFlame16; 06-24-2015, 02:35 PM.

Comment

^^ Tuna, Michiko & Hatchin gained 18-49 year olds from Kill la Kill so women did tune in for it. (Seriously M&H had more 18-49 viewers than KLK, this is a fact)
                    Last edited by AbZeroNow; 06-24-2015, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Disagreement is fine, but let us keep things civil.

ZeroFlame, the moron comment is crossing the line a bit, but I took no action because the rest of what you say is mostly in bounds. Perhaps a little editing is in order.

To everyone: by all means register disagreement with statements that seem to you ludicrous, uninformed, childish, idiotic, ignorant, and hopelessly blinkered, but please remember to be civil (you need not be courteous, but refrain from personal attacks at all times) in your responses.
                      Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
                      Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                      Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Originally posted by AbZeroNow View Post
                        ^^ Tuna, Michiko & Hatchin gained 18-49 year olds from Kill la Kill so women did tune in for it. (Seriously M&H had more 18-49 viewers than KLK, this is a fact)
                        Well how it performs next week and the week after will support or fail to support a conclusion of Michiko & Hatchin. I will keep an open mind and be vigilant in my watching of it.
                        AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

I like Mitchiko & Hatchin. The ratings prove that there is a market for it. So you're wrong about two things so far.

Like someone else said, people have different opinions on what is good and what is not. I thought the second half of the first season of Sword Art Online was pure dumpster fire trash, enough so to make me put off checking out the second season in favor of far better options. There is no such thing as the Aniplex Power Hour, that's something you've made up in your head. Toonami is just Toonami.

Also, a side note. Your constant trash talking of Watanabe impresses no one.
                          Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

Originally posted by Mach Rider View Post
                            Nothing he does impresses or amuses anyone. Everyone who visits this thread weekly when the ratings get posted are sick and tired of this guy. He does nothing but cause problems and stir up drama for NO reason and the mods continue to allow this guy to troll around, which is literally what he does, with no signs of a ban in sight. I really do not get it.

I realize the guy above went way over the line in what he was saying but Tuna has these kind of replies coming every single week with his annoying little attitude and remarks. You keep pushing people and this is what you get, a whole lot of hate that unfortunately becomes the truth. I'm not trying to get myself in a bad position the other user but something really needs to be done about Tuna, c'mon mods.

EDIT: What annoys me even more is how when other users call him out and don't take his crap how he just ignores it because this is exactly what he wants. This is what he visits the website for and no one is doing anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
                              Nothing he does impresses or amuses anyone. Everyone who visits this thread weekly when the ratings get posted are sick and tired of this guy. He does nothing but cause problems and stir up drama for NO reason and the mods continue to allow this guy to troll around, which is literally what he does, with no signs of a ban in sight. I really do not get it.

I realize the guy above went way over the line in what he was saying but Tuna has these kind of replies coming every single week with his annoying little attitude and remarks. You keep pushing people and this is what you get, a whole lot of hate that unfortunately becomes the truth. I'm not trying to get myself in a bad position the other user but something really needs to be done about Tuna, c'mon mods.

EDIT: What annoys me even more is how when other users call him out and don't take his crap how he just ignores it because this is exactly what he wants. This is what he visits the website for and no one is doing anything about it.
                              Well said. Don't know why people even bother to take his obvious trolling seriously. Was funny the first few weeks on this thread but not anymore.
                              My Anime List
                              Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

I like Mitchiko & Hatchin. The ratings prove that there is a market for it. So you're wrong about two things so far.

Like someone else said, people have different opinions on what is good and what is not. I thought the second half of the first season of Sword Art Online was pure dumpster fire trash, enough so to make me put off checking out the second season in favor of far better options. There is no such thing as the Aniplex Power Hour, that's something you've made up in your head. Toonami is just Toonami.

I think you have me confused with someone else as that was the first Ive mentioned any opinion on watanabe by name in this thread and additionally in the scope of the works, in many months forum wide.
                                Originally posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post

I think youve also made some confusing comments as Ive mainly only posted opinions on SAO here for a few fimes, the week it came and another two times and avoided commenting negatively in regards to show specifics in terms of content for awhile. Additionally, if you click back, I dont even comment on ratings weekly and had barely posted once or twice a month in the thread for many months this year.
                                Last edited by 27CansOfTuna; 06-25-2015, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X