1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

I'm a little surprised it's happening this early, figured it wouldn't air until mid-summer as a replacement for KLK, matching how S1 started on Toonami in late July. I guess they're playing hurry-up since they need new shows ASAP on the block?

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
      On March 28, Sword Art Online II will begin airing on Toonami, and hence the official confirmation of the dub.
      Clipped via PR:
      SANTA MONICA, CA (February 14, 2015) –Fans at Katsucon (National Harbor, MD) were ready to “Link Start!” when Aniplex of America surprised them with their announcement today that Sword Art Online II will be debuting on TOONAMI™, the animation programming block that airs on Adult Swim™ each Saturday night, on March 28th from 1:00AM (PST/EST). This will be the second announcement this year by Aniplex of America of their licensed title to air on national television since KILL la KILL premiered on TOONAMI™ on Febraury 7th. The highly anticipated second season of Sword Art Online makes its return to the Saturday late night lineup since the first season ended in 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Razzamatazz Buckshank View Post
        On March 28, Sword Art Online II will begin airing on Toonami, and hence the official confirmation of the dub.
        Most likely, it will replace Gurren-Lagann once it finishes its run, and once SAO II finishes its run, either Fate/Zero or Magi will take its place.
        I would love to see either one on Toonami, though I'm betting Magi has a higher chance than F/Z.
        My Anime List
        Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY from Toonami (YouTube clip)

Comment

This is no surprise that Sword Art Online ll is coming to Toonami. I have seen the second season and it could be better than the first season, but that's not saying much. I have no desire to see it again.

Comment

This is happy news...though now I'm concerned as to why we haven't heard anything about the North American Blu-Ray/DVD sets yet.
              My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
                This is happy news...though now I'm concerned as to why we haven't heard anything about the North American Blu-Ray/DVD sets yet.
                Probably because they are waiting to wow and amaze us with their latest single episode DVD-only release strategy for $199.99 later this spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
                  It's probably too soon for that. The first season, which ran during the summer and fall of 2012, was solicited the following year in May and released in August. So using that as a guideline since this season ran during the summer and fall of last year, it's on target for a release sometime this summer, so it will be awhile before it gets released. It was pretty obvious that SAO II was coming to Toonami, but I wasn't expecting it to be this soon.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nene Yoshiro, Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
                  Watching: Luck & Logic, Soul Link, Happiness, Toonami Stuff
                  Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
                    Probably because they are waiting to wow and amaze us with their latest single episode DVD-only release strategy for $199.99 later this spring.
                    I dislike their home video approach as well, but sadly it's the only way to buy the english dub on disc, outside of importing from another country like Australia.

It's probably too soon for that. The first season, which ran during the summer and fall of 2012, was solicited the following year in May and released in August. So using that as a guideline since this season ran during the summer and fall of last year, it's on target for a release sometime this summer, so it will be awhile before it gets released. It was pretty obvious that SAO II was coming to Toonami, but I wasn't expecting it to be this soon.
                    Ah okay, that makes more sense then. TBH I had forgotten when Aniplex USA released S01 on Blu-Ray and DVD.
                    My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Comment

Makes sense for this to be the Gurren Lagann replacement. It's just a little earlier than its first season, which makes sense since it was inevitable.
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Looks like Demarco will be appearing on ANNCast. https://mobile.twitter.com/ANNZac/st...28839481769984

Comment

Originally posted by Icysoda View Post
                          Looks like Demarco will be appearing on ANNCast. https://mobile.twitter.com/ANNZac/st...28839481769984
                          Not that I'm not excited for this but it feels kind of unnecessary after how he was just on Toonami Faithful's podcast barely a week ago. I hope we can get some different topics going on instead of just reiterating what was said on TF's.

Comment

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/tv-ra...t-three-years/

For the entire week of February 9-15, 2015 in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is up 6 percent in total viewership (1.242 million vs. 1.168 million) and up 8 percent among Adults 18-49 (712,000 vs. 657,000) from one week earlier; the network is also up 4 percent in total viewership (1.242 million vs. 1.194 million) and up 4 percent among Adults 18-49 (712,000 vs. 686,000) from the same week one year ago (February 10-16, 2014).

TOONAMI – SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2015

12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai 0.9 1258 0.5 635
                            12:30a Kill La Kill 0.7 997 0.4 501
                            1:00a Naruto: Shippuden 0.7 897 0.4 488
                            1:30a Inuyasha: The Final Act 0.6 823 0.4 478
                            2:00a Gurren Lagann 0.5 748 0.3 437
                            2:30a One Piece 0.5 698 0.3 422
                            3:00a Deadman Wonderland 0.5 689 0.3 426
                            Source: Live+Same Day data, Nielsen Media Research

Comment

Solid ratings if nothing else. Not bad.

Comment

Not great either, especially for a brand new episode of an anime most wanted by Toonami fans not breaking over 1 mil? I don't think that's good. Let's see next week's.
                                Last edited by AgentX; 02-19-2015, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X