X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

Originally posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
    Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
    Announced at Otakon Vegas today, Kill la Kill is coming to Toonami on Feb. 7
    This is great news, hopefully will attract more fans and increase the chance of the OVA being dubbed, as well as Japan making a Season 2.
    I can't see a season 2 of KLK happening. With the way the show ends, it's a complete story with not much to build on for another season.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nene Yoshiro, Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
    Watching: Luck & Logic, Soul Link, Happiness, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
      I agree that Diabolik Lovers would be a very, very terrible thing to show on Toonami, but keep in mind that the FCC has no control over cable, only broadcast television (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, etc). Still Cartoon Network, [adult swim], and Turner's own censors probably wouldn't allow it to be shown anyway.
      Yeah, given how awful the first half of the show is, I'm pretty sure that a lot of people will be turned away from this show. At least the second half isn't nearly as bad, but still it pretty much is a bad idea every way you look at it.
      I agree but not for all of the same reasons that you give. TBH I rather enjoyed the show (Especially in the second half after all of the leads were introduced & the main story began) but given that there's very little to none of the type of action simlilar to that in shows that Toonami has had before like Bleach or even the now-airing Kill la Kill Diabolik Lovers simply doesn't fit. In fact, Nightwalker-Midnight Detective (Another vampire show) would probably have a better chance of being picked by Toonami than Diabolik Lovers since it does have more action but not as much as Hellsing Ultimate which was a perfect fit IMO.
      Avatar: Bokuto's Best Partners, Natsumi Tsujimoto & Miyuki Kobayakawa (You're Under Arrest!)
      Blu-ray.com / MAL /Games / Figures
      Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

Interesting choices for the former Toonami slots: the Robot Chicken Star Wars special, Rick & Morty (giant/jellybean/Meseeks Box episode), and King of the Hill
        "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Family Guy took the 11:30 slot. Very inspired choice...
          Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/tv-ra...ings-date-nbc/

For the entire week of January 26-February 1, 2015 in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is up 1 percent in total viewership (1.167 million vs. 1.155 million) and up 2 percent among Adults 18-49 (655,000 vs. 644,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 7 percent in total viewership (1.167 million vs. 1.252 million) and down 11 percent among Adults 18-49 (655,000 vs. 738,000) from the same week one year ago (January 27-February 2 2014).

TOONAMI – SATURDAY, JANUARY 31, 2015

11:30 Dragon Ball Z Kai 1.0 1513 0.6 770
            12:00a Naruto: Shippuden 0.8 1242 0.5 601
            12:30a Inuyasha: The Final Act 0.7 1116 0.5 605
            1:00a One Piece 0.6 887 0.4 534
            1:30a Gurren Lagann 0.5 753 0.3 422
            2:00a Deadman Wonderland 0.5 740 0.3 427
            2:30a Bleach (r) 0.5 724 0.3 394
            3:00a Space Dandy 0.5 655 0.3 334
            3:30a Cowboy Bebop 0.4 588 0.2 315
            4:00a Ghost in Shell: 2nd Gig 0.4 535 0.2 285
            4:30a IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.4 501 0.2 253
            Source: Live+Same Day data, Nielsen Media Research

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/tv-ra...zines-cbs-nbc/

For the entire week of February 2-8, 2015 in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is about even in total viewership (1.168 million vs. 1.167 million) and about even among Adults 18-49 (657,000 vs. 655,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 7 percent in total viewership (1.168 million vs. 1.260 million) and down 10 percent among Adults 18-49 (657,000 vs. 731,000) from the same week one year ago (February 3-9, 2014).

TOONAMI – SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2015

12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai 0.9 1339 0.7 838
            12:30a Kill La Kill 0.8 1221 0.6 757
            1:00a Naruto: Shippuden 0.6 873 0.4 549
            1:30a Inuyasha: The Final Act 0.6 792 0.4 481
            2:00a Gurren Lagann 0.5 693 0.3 402
            2:30a One Piece 0.5 714 0.3 442
            3:00a Deadman Wonderland 0.5 705 0.3 416
            Source: Live+Same Day data, Nielsen Media Research

Comment

I'm curious to see how Kill la Kill takes off from here.
              DVDaf :Collection

Comment

I can't see a season 2 of KLK happening. With the way the show ends, it's a complete story with not much to build on for another season.
                Oh okay, I didn't know that Kill la Kill had a wrapped up sort of ending, good to know thanks.
                My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Comment

I didn't see a previous post mentioning this so I thought I'd drop this now in case anyone missed it...

Jason DeMarco was on a recent podcast episode from Toonami Faithful:
                  http://podcast.toonamifaithful.com/t...-address-2015/

He basically discusses a range of topics including what's been successful, support from the network, the recent ratings slide, and what's their overall trajectory going forward.

Don't want to spoil anything as its worth a listen. Hopefully this can clear up some of the debacle that has occurred over the past few weeks.
                  Last edited by wAnder481; 02-11-2015, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Man, dat dropoff after Kill la Kill and that boost after Gurren Lagann. Wonder if Naruto could move down the schedule in the near future and One Piece up.

Comment

From the look of things, losing that 11:30 slot really hurts more so than losing the timeslots on the back end seeing how there's a drop after Kill la Kill. We'll see how things are moving forward seeing how this is just the first week of the reduced Toonami lineup.
                      Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post
                        Man, dat dropoff after Kill la Kill and that boost after Gurren Lagann. Wonder if Naruto could move down the schedule in the near future and One Piece up.
                        Is that sarcasm? Naruto has everything after it beat by quite a lot.

Comment

On March 28, Sword Art Online II will begin airing on Toonami, and hence the official confirmation of the dub.

Comment

On March 28, Sword Art Online II will begin airing on Toonami, and hence the official confirmation of the dub.
                            Well, boy oh boy, this was inevitable from the start. (thanks, you insane fanboys/girls) But count me out of it. I just won't subject myself to a show I feel nothing - NOTHING - but apathy towards.
                            My Collection: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...The-Collection
                            My Reviews: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...060-My-Reviews
                            Avatar: Waver Velvet (Fate/Zero)

Comment

Cant wait for mothers rosario reactions from the masses, Such a definitive arc of storytelling mastery at its finest.
                              AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Most likely, it will replace Gurren-Lagann once it finishes its run, and once SAO II finishes its run, either Fate/Zero or Magi will take its place.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X