Widgets Magazine

1 & Only Toonami on Adult Swim Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Toonami is back on May 26th, 2012! (w/Casshern Sins & Deadman Wonderland)

Explains why Reborn! was on there then as that show has yet to be licensed. Sure VIZ Media is streaming it, but how many titles have they streamed in the past few years have actually gotten a physical release?
    Useful MAL Blog Entries | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC | PSN: Videogameaddict2 | XBL: BigOnAnime94

Comment

Darn getting our hopes up for nothing.
      AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonpiece View Post
        That's not a official survey btw, just a fan one...
        Oh? I suspected that might be the case but I wasn't really sure. I just saw the link floating around [AS]'s message boards and thought it might be a good idea to post it.
        Watching: FMA: Brotherhood, Konosuba, Nanbaka, Naruto Shippuden, One Piece (Toonami), Urusei Yatsura
        Recently Finished: Coicent, DBZ, Digimon Tri - Chapter 2, One Piece Film: Gold, Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie

Comment

Originally posted by doubleO7 View Post
          Oh? I suspected that might be the case but I wasn't really sure. I just saw the link floating around [AS]'s message boards and thought it might be a good idea to post it.
          The survey link originated from here.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
            Originally posted by doubleO7 View Post
            The survey link originated from here.
            Hehe... my other home finds it way to this one. Jason DeMarco retweeted it apparently, so I think it's still worth your time.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Deadman Wonderland is interesting, Casshern Sins is kind of boring. Its also kind of hard to stay up till 2AM to watch everything on AdultSwim/Toonami.
              My DVD List: DVDAficianado / DVDProfiler - My Manga: ANN Manga - Visible collection (includes non-anime - current as of Sept 27th)

Comment

Yeah after Deadman Wonderland and the new conten(whether it be a speech,video game review or new promo) every thing else is just a if I have nothing better to do at the time.

Comment

Just ran across this on one of the CNN blogs:

Originally posted by Geek Out
                  . . . DeMarco also hinted that other popular series like "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt" and "Fairy Tale" could be in the program's future if it performs well . . .

http://geekout.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06...succeed-again/
                  Did anyone else get that impression from the VP's Twitter feed?
                  "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

He said that for a lot of anime so I wouldn't just say those 2 are going on the air. And Fairy Tail spelled wrong :angry:

Comment

And Fairy Tail spelled wrong :angry:
                      Many people make that mistake (I've done it before as well), so you can't completely blame them.
                      Useful MAL Blog Entries | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC | PSN: Videogameaddict2 | XBL: BigOnAnime94

Comment

Originally posted by One Vorlon View Post
                        Just ran across this on one of the CNN blogs:

Originally posted by Geek Out
                        . . . DeMarco also hinted that other popular series like "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt" and "Fairy Tale" could be in the program's future if it performs well . . .

http://geekout.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06...succeed-again/
                        Did anyone else get that impression from the VP's Twitter feed?
                        Considering the amount of bleeping done in Deadman Wonderland and that PSG is filled with far more profanity, I would be surprised if it did make it to Toonami. Fairy Tail is a much better bet and long series usually need some sort of TV deal.
                        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
                        Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                        Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

If PSG makes it to Toonami, I'd expect an alternate dub instead of bleeps. If bleeped you'd almost lose entire sentences from Panty.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceA View Post
                            If PSG makes it to Toonami, I'd expect an alternate dub instead of bleeps. If bleeped you'd almost lose entire sentences from Panty.
                            As long as they show it after 10pm they're fine
                            Originally posted by FCC
                            Like indecency, profane speech is prohibited on broadcast radio and television between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.

Comment

Originally posted by Tratious View Post
                              Originally posted by FCC
                              Like indecency, profane speech is prohibited on broadcast radio and television between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
                              Except, the FCC has no say over cable networks.

Comment

Originally posted by ChibiGoku View Post
                                Originally posted by Tratious View Post
                                Originally posted by FCC
                                Except, the FCC has no say over cable networks.
                                Very true but I doubt CN/AS would be willing to broadcast something with long strings of the f-word. I'd be exceedingly happy to be proven wrong.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X