X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] A Certain Magical Index franchise

Widgets Magazine
    via TRSI...

via ANNCast with Lance @ ~70:55 (10/22/10)
    - "...if Index and Railgun are going to be on Blu-ray?"

- "Probably eventually..." It's just that some of the stuff (some of the titles) won't perform (just won't sell) on Blu-ray. We put out Samurai 7...sold great. We put out Heroic Age...sold great. We put Ouran...bombed on Blu-ray.
    I figured to create a separate thread for this. Quick note: the R1 DVD prefix tag is just referring to the North American license (since home video info hasn't been revealed yet).

Here is what's known so far for the A Certain Magical Index license...

The series webpage also lists the copyright:
    © KAZUMA KAMACHI/ASCII MEDIA WORKS/PROJECT-INDEX © KAZUMA KAMACHI / ASCII MEDIA WORKS / PROJECT- INDEX Ⅱ. Licensed by FUNimation® Productions, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
    If the copyright is 100% accurate, it means that FUNimation also have INDEX II. EDIT in regards to the copyright: via FUNimation Facebook page...
    Actually, both seasons of Index are under the same copyright. That's why the copyright looks like that on the page. We don't have season 2.

It remains to be seen when the series will be solicited/released. I guess with the little information that's revealed today, it's a tiny step to the right direction.
    Last edited by WTK; 07-23-2012, 09:54 AM.

Re: A Certain Magical Index update

That sure would be some good news!

Comment

That's quite good news. I'm looking forward to getting to see this finally.

Comment

May I be the first to say it's about bloody time.
        Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
        Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

This is great news and a strong indication that the whole merger deal that held up these titles is now finished and that Funi now has the source material to work with. I had a feeling this was going to happen once the Hellsing Ultimate panel was listed. It's about time already.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: The Ohio State University Buckeyes
          Watching: Tylor, Astra Lost in Space, School-Live!, Vanguard
          Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Oh god, Funi! Put someone who can read Japanese on your marketing staff. You seriously put the title of the radio show as the Japanese title. I can't help but laugh at the ineptitude for this title.
            "It'd be great if you could call me by the katakana pronunciation."
            "The kanji pronunciation is the same as the katakana one."
            Posting thoughts, reviews, and personal favorites at my personal blog.

Comment

Originally posted by ultimatemegax View Post
              You seriously put the title of the radio show as the Japanese title. I can't help but laugh at the ineptitude for this title.
              Hah, that was one of the first things I noticed. It had me scratching my head.
              Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 03-28-2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

I enjoyed it when it came out, and frankly forgot about it after Railgun. I was happy to see II get made, but don't think I've seen any of it other than a commercial or two. I will pre-order the discs when they are solicited.

Comment

Oh god, Funi! Put someone who can read Japanese on your marketing staff. You seriously put the title of the radio show as the Japanese title. I can't help but laugh at the ineptitude for this title.
                  That sure is a funny one!

Comment

Is this in reference to the video?

[Edit] Nevermind. I enabled JavaScript and now see it. Sometimes, using noscript is not the best idea...
                    Last edited by Draneor; 03-28-2012, 06:22 PM.
                    Clannad is Life, Da Capo is Pure Love, Higurashi is Ethics, & Tori no Uta is the National Anthem.

Comment

Ah, you got my hopes up. Good job, WTK.

Ha, that's definitely not the right logo.
                      Last edited by EyeOfPain; 03-28-2012, 06:47 PM.
                      My animé & figure collections
                      Hummingbird
                      || Tweeterings
                      XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Well that a good sign to hear. Been waiting for a long time to see a DVD release in the U.S. with an English dub. This, along with Hellsing Ultimate is the sign that the Geneon/Universal thing has been already settled.

They probably would give us more details on this at Anime Boston and Sakura con coming up next week (probably not expecting a dub cast as of this date since they've started streaming the episodes for the EVS and they probably in the process of translating for the subtitles and the dub and/or finding cast members for the dub).

That being said, I'm going to expect the release date either this year in the winter or next year in the spring.

Comment

I'm guessing the long wait was because they were going for season 2 as well, given the trademark.
                          "I'm sorry, did you say something? Because your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass."
                          Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table~
                          Avatar: Grown up Yue Ayase from Negima.

Comment

Well this is a series that my interest has definitely been sparked in. I've had my eye on the Railgun manga for quite a while as well.
                            Ana? Matsuri? Why not both? || my avatar library
                            ~ Currently Watching: Sailor Moon Crystal; The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
                            ~ Last Watched: PROMARE; A Certain Scientific Railgun T; When Marnie Was There; Mikagura School Suite; Ponyo
                            homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

This is surprising. They are finally streaming episodes and Index II appears likely to be licensed as well. This should be a good year for the franchise. Domestic release finally underway, a movie coming out soon and strong hints at season 3 (or some other project) later this year.
                              Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X