• Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] [UK] Roujin Z

Widgets Magazine
    via UK Anime Network
    19/10/2011:

Kaze planning to bring Roujin Z to the UK on Blu-Ray

No further plans outlined as of yet

Thanks to the ever-resplendent wonders of Twitter, we've learned via the account of Kaze UK that they are currently planning on bringing Roujin Z to our shores on Blu-Ray (and, we would assume, also DVD).

Via the Twitter post in question, the company have confirmed their plans to release this 1991 movie written by Katsuhiro Otomo in the UK along the same lines as its French offering, currently due for release in February 2012.

Re: Roujin Z

The news comes a full circle. Took only about 4 days to find it's way back here, heh
    Last edited by ComSR; 10-19-2011, 11:33 AM.
    Time never betrays dreams. But on the flip side, dreams must not betray time.

Comment

That is pretty awesome, Roujin Z was one of the first anime I watched, and I've only got the old CPM dvd.

This is pretty much a must for me

Comment

Yup, definitely buying this. Still have my old VHS tape I bought for £1 a good few years ago, so will be nice to be able to retire it at last.
        SAMA-FUN #04 / TOFU #01 / Sentai Kaiser / Game Reviews / Twitter
        Although his fighting spirit burns like fire, his mind is as calm as still water
        Watching: Initial D 5th Stage, Psycho-Pass, Zetsuen no Tempest, Space Brothers, Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Kamen Rider Wizard

Comment

via Manga UK
          #RoujinZ is out on DVD and BD 11-Jun Order it today @hmvtweets bit.ly/ziG0Hc If u love AKIRA u need this movie by Kitsuhiro Otomo.

Comment

Who's going to wait till summer for the UK edition, especially when the French edition is out now with exact same content and cheaper price too.

Comment

Hm - 20 euros or 18 quid - about the same, really...

Comment

In any case, it's in my hands now. Some quick observations:
                The credits have been redone digitally, all instances of "Sony Music Entertainment" have been replaced with Aniplex. Video is 1080p24, Japanese audio is DTS-HD Master. English is Dolby Digital 448 kbps. As usual with Aniplex titles, subtitles are forced which means you can't turn them on when listening to the dub. Disc is locked to region B.
                The subtitle script is same as DVD, but white instead of yellow. Compared to this Blu-ray, the CPM DVD is utter garbage. Noisy, pixelated, blurry, letterboxed widescreen and everything is tinted yellow. The difference in clarity is like night and day. Runtime 1 hour 19 minutes, same point where Japanese credits end on DVD.
                Last edited by ComSR; 02-29-2012, 06:52 PM.

Comment

mind posting up a couple pics of the disc art and back cover?

Comment

Originally posted by Tratious View Post
                    mind posting up a couple pics of the disc art and back cover?
                    Not mine, but..
                    Front (text in English): http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Ggc2oKGsL.jpg
                    Slipcover (text in French): http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._AA1500_.jpg
                    Back cover uses a portion of this artwork: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-01-49-en-70-zuv.html

Comment

Screenshots of the FR release - link

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X