Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Anime Limited licenses Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (not) Alone

Widgets Magazine
    Announced at MCM London Comic Con October 2016.

This is part of Anime Limited's catalogue.

Their note on their announcement wall details a planned release for January 2017.
    My Anime List - Hummingbird List - Twitter - My Blog

Re: Anime Limited licenses Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (not) Alone

All the Anime Newswire #93.2 – 29th Oct 2016
    Day two of MCM London Comic Con weekend has been and gone, and that’s means there’s some announcements of forthcoming titles of ours to tell you about.

Please note that we will have more details on each of these in the coming weeks.

EVANGELION: 1.11 YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE

It's true! We're going to be giving the first in the "Rebuild of Evangelion" project of films the Anime Limited Collector's Edition treatment in early 2017!

Synopsis: Tokyo-3 still stands after most of civilisation was decimated in the Second Impact. Now the city endures the ceaseless onslaught of the deadly Angels, bizarre creatures bent on eradicating the human race. To combat this strange and ruthless enemy, the government agency NERV constructs a fleet of towering humanoid machines the Evas and Shinji Ikari is called into action, reluctantly taking his place at the controls of Eva Unit 01.Living a life of loneliness and questioning his existence, Shinji struggles to accept responsibility for mankind's battle for survival in this visually striking rebuild of one of the most important anime of all time. Shinji will fight the Angels alongside the only person who might understand his plight Rei Ayanami, the elusive and frail pilot of Eva Unit 00.

In this film experience not to be missed, Shinji and Rei will struggle to learn a simple truth: when carrying the burden of humanity's survival on your shoulders, you are not alone.

Comment

Manga released this on 26 April 2010 as a sub-license from FUNimation. We don't seem to have threads going back that far here.
      IIRC there was a collector's edition BD exclusive to HMV that the 1.0 version of the film on DVD?

Unless I'm mistaken this is the first Manga title sub-licensed from Funimation to get a Anime Limited re-release (as opposed to franchises that have changed hands like Fairy Tail and DxD which have only newer volumes/installments). It is still unclear whether Manga have lost their FUnimation licenses or just won't be able to renew them, but I suspect the latter (since this license is now 6 years old).

Comment

Originally posted by Shiroi Hane View Post
        Manga released this on 26 April 2010 as a sub-license from FUNimation. We don't seem to have threads going back that far here.
        IIRC there was a collector's edition BD exclusive to HMV that the 1.0 version of the film on DVD?

Unless I'm mistaken this is the first Manga title sub-licensed from Funimation to get a Anime Limited re-release (as opposed to franchises that have changed hands like Fairy Tail and DxD which have only newer volumes/installments). It is still unclear whether Manga have lost their FUnimation licenses or just won't be able to renew them, but I suspect the latter (since this license is now 6 years old).
        Re: HMV - There was a Collector's Edition release exclusive to HMV and I think it was a Blu-ray & DVD combo pack. There should be images of the set somewhere online, as I know it comes with the 1.11 booklet.

Re: Manga/Funi sub-license - This looks like the first rescue to be simply under Anime Ltd, as others had the Funimation logo on them (examples like Eden of the East, Noein and Ouran).

Comment

The HMV exclusive collectors edition was both on BD and DVD version with both having 1.0 on DVD and the booklet.

Comment

Originally posted by NormanicGrav View Post
            Re: Manga/Funi sub-license - This looks like the first rescue to be simply under Anime Ltd, as others had the Funimation logo on them (examples like Eden of the East, Noein and Ouran).
            I was referring specifically to titles that Manga got from Funimation so Noein doesn't count. For some reason I was thinking of Ouran as an MVM one rather than Manga and blanked completely on EotE.

--edit--

All of these are titles originall released in 2010 or earlier.
            Last edited by Shiroi Hane; 11-02-2016, 10:07 AM.

Comment

– Evangelion 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone
              As we mentioned before, we will be giving this the Collector’s Edition treatment and today we can confirm this will be arriving on 16th January 2017. Read more about this in the Anime Limited / All The Anime Updates section below.
              – As we mentioned earlier, Evangelion 1.11: You Are (Not) Alone will be arriving on 16th January. Our Collector’s Edition release will come pack in a rigid case and inside that a digipack to hold the two discs (1 x Blu-ray + 1 x DVD) and there will also be a booklet and art cards included too. You can see a first glimpse of what our release will look like below:
              [http://blog.alltheanime.com/wp-conte...open-copy.jpg]
              ~ AllTheAnime.com Early-Bird Pre-Order offer ~

Until Monday 7th November 2016 you can pre-order our Ltd Collector’s Edition release of Evangelion 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone for only £19.99
              (SRP: £34.99)

Details at our AllTheAnime.com web shop HERE.

Comment

Fullmetal Alchemist Ultimate ED sent out no later than end of next week, Zeta Gundam delayed to January

Re the recent announcement of Anime Limited's release of Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone, Andrew Partridge of Anime Limited commented that the company 'should be able to' release the second and third films as well, 'most likely.'

Comment

Earlier today (9th January) we received finished samples of the stock for each title and upon inspection there were parts of each release missing. (Meaning, physical items that were meant to be included that weren’t.) [...]

Until we’ve determined exactly what led to there be missing items from the set, we have quarantined all stock and are delaying it’s release until late February, exact date TBC. I will note once again, that should all be sorted sooner than that then it’s very likely that units from retailers will start shipping early and the date itself could be brought forward as well.

Comment

The other day the date for this changed to April 24th in the listings on Anime-on-Line, but not on the actual page so I was treating it as anomaly. However, this was also the case for Digimon Tri and that date has now been confirmed by Manga. In addition, Amazon are now showing April 24th also, so it looks like that's the earliest this is coming out at present for whatever reason, despite the above assurances.

Comment

nearly all AL delays are turning up as 24th April, I think it's just a place holder for a temporary stop gap while they figure out what they're playing at.

Comment

Well, it's now official: 24th April is the date listed on their own site, with a proviso:
                        We know it’s been a good few weeks now since we last mentioned where things stand with this. We wanted to wait until we had confirmation on this before posting another update. Unfortunately we are still waiting for the component that was missing from the product to be re-delivered, which is why it has been moved to April. That date listed is more an absolute safety net than anything, as we are actually expecting stock to be completed in March. We’ll be sure to post a new update on this as soon as we more news we can share.
                        Last edited by Shiroi Hane; 02-22-2017, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Despite the last, it looks like it will be April 24th after all (it certainly won't be March now at any rate): http://blog.alltheanime.com/newswire101/

Comment

Looking ahead, our next release arrives in a few weeks time on 24th April! That day will (finally) see the release of our Evangelion 1.11 on Ltd Collector’s Edition Blu-ray+DVD set!
                            [Unboxing] Evangelion 1.11
                            WHAT’S INSIDE? WHAT’S ON THE DISCS?

Our release comes packed inside a rigid case with a digipack to hold the two discs (1 x Blu-ray and 1 x DVD). Also included are art cards and a booklet that goes into details about the film itself.

On the discs themselves you get:

~ The main feature “Evangelion 1.11″ in both English and Japanese with subtitles. Both audio options are in Dolby TrueHD: 6.1 on the Blu-ray and DVD discs.
                            ~ Extras content is exclusive to the Blu-ray discs and you get Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0 “Shiro Sagisu Version” and “Joseph-Maurice Ravel Version”, Angel of Doom Promotional Music Video, News Flashes, Movie Previews “Beautiful World Version 2″, Beautiful World Version 2A” and “Beautiful World Version 2B”.

Comment

Also wanted to touch base on the subject of Evangelion in general. To remind everyone, we only have the rights to the Evangelion 1.11 film specifically. We had so many nice comments come in about our release of the film coupled with questions of when the others will be available, but that?s literally where things stand as far as possible other Evangelion releases. Unless we gain the rights we?re not able to release them.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X