Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Animatsu licenses Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto

Widgets Magazine
    Announced at MCM London Comic Con May 2016 via Animatsu panel.
    My Anime List - Hummingbird List - Twitter - My Blog

Re: Animatsu licenses Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto

https://twitter.com/ukanime/status/736562988321280000
    That one was picked up from TBS. Likely to be a 2017 release.

Comment

Re: Animatsu licenses Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto

Jerome went on a bit of a meltdown in recent days and talked about Sakamoto.

User asks:
      To be fair Jerome, if you actually catered to the need for a UK streaming service years ago when people wanted it due to region lockouts, you might not have ended up in this situation. Back when Manga had the Funimation deal almost all of their shows were gated off. That was a prime opportunity. As I understand it you only had a go at streaming once with Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and didn't finish it.

Jerome wrote:
      You are right. It is beyond you. Lot of business reasons why and sadly at key time I had no power over Manga's previous owners decision making on digital. Global consolidation leaves us out of the loop on direct to Licensor, all rights deals meaning Crunchyroll and Funimation scoop up all rights including digital for UK. We are often not getting first window Subscription Video on Demand. That's why our shows are either on Crunchyroll first or not at all. Crunchyroll's offer for UK Subscription Video on Demand on 'Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto' was derisory so that's why it isn't on there. Crunchyroll enjoy all the benefits of the license and increases its bottom line. DVD and Blu-ray is now ancillary to Video on Demand and not really as valuable. No one watched it and STARZ decided to pull it off the service. Half arsed attempt on our side.

Are you aware how much it costs to launch a streaming platform? And what is involved? No home video distributor have successfully launched their own Video on Demand platform. Netflix and Crunchyroll are digital natives and disruptors. Its like asking Blockbuster why they didn't launch Netflix or Black Cab Co. why they didn't invent Uber. Funimation is plowing tens of millions of dollars into their Video on Demand service. I think they are too late to the market. I'm happy putting all of our catalogue on Crunchyroll or Funimation Now or Netflix but not for $150 per episode.
      Paragraph 1A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H

Paragraph 2A-B-C-D-E

Long story short - Manga Animatsu also have streaming rights to Sakamoto but won't put them on Crunchyroll for UK & Ireland because the offer Crunchyroll provided was derisory. Jerome also dislikes streaming and how it affects their business but that's a topic for another thread. It's also worth noting the irony when he told the fans at MCM that he watched the show on Crunchyroll and asked his audience if they saw the latest episode.
      Last edited by NormanicGrav; 05-31-2016, 07:30 PM.
      My Anime List - Hummingbird List - Twitter - My Blog

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X