X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] [AU] Manifest 2011 - Madman Ent. license acquistions

Widgets Magazine
    ANN AU Twitter feed
    Madman Acquisitions at #manifest2011 - last exile - fam, the silver wing - streaming from oct.
    Madman Acquisitions at #manifest2011 - Rosario Vampire. S1&s2 in 2012
    Madman Acquisitions at #manifest2011 - Patlabor ova and tv
    Madman Acquisitions at #manifest2011 - Fairytail in Jan 2012
    Madman Acquisitions at #manifest2011 - last exile 2, Rosario + vampire S1 & S2, patlabor ova & tv set and fairy tail.
    via ANN AU
    Madman Entertainment Announces New Acquisitions at Manifest 2011

posted on 2011-08-28 18:42 AEST

Last Exile -Fam, The Silver Wing-, Patlabor, Rosario + Vampire and Fairy Tail

Madman Entertainment held its Extreme panel at Manifest 2011 today, announcing the following titles:
    We will post further information later in the week.
    Last edited by WTK; 08-28-2011, 09:31 AM.

Re: [AU] Manifest 2011 - Madman Ent. license acquistions

Madman Patlabor TV and OVA - That is stunning news, it's almost left me speechless, a great classic series and it's just going OOP in the US isn't it?

I wonder if that means it's been licence rescued in the US?
    Either way if the price is right I'll probably double dip :D

Comment

Originally posted by Nilrem View Post
      Madman Patlabor TV and OVA - That is stunning news, it's almost left me speechless, a great classic series and it's just going OOP in the US isn't it?
      It's definitely the most intriguing announcement out of the bunch for me. And yeah, the U.S. releases are OOP (from CPM).
      I guess anything is possible. I would think only a few U.S. distributors will be interested in this.

Comment

About the only ones I can think of would be the Dark Lord, or possibly one of the Neo ADV companies if the price was right.

For some reason I thought it was an Animeago title just going oop, but as you say it was CPM 2-3 years ago.

Comment

Patlabor TV has definitely got me excited. Absolutely love the first two movies and have always wanted to check out the TV series.
          SAMA-FUN #04 / TOFU #01 / Sentai Kaiser / Game Reviews / Twitter
          Although his fighting spirit burns like fire, his mind is as calm as still water
          Watching: Initial D 5th Stage, Psycho-Pass, Zetsuen no Tempest, Space Brothers, Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Kamen Rider Wizard

Comment

Cool! You were at Manifest? I know someone who went too. Did you see a girl with a purple wig and sweet Lolita clothing? She most likely was glomping people or talking to people cosplaying as characters from Hetalia. She's a little crazy. XD

Comment

If the whole lot's in one set, then I'd imagine it'd be a real wallet killer. But it's more than likely I'll pick it up anyway. Honestly, I'm gobsmacked over this news.
              And I still haven't got through all the old CPM sets either.

Comment

Originally posted by JTMasterChief View Post
                Cool! You were at Manifest?
                It looks like someone from ANN AU did. Other than WTK who is American, everyone else in this thread is from the UK.

Hoping that, since it is now getting an American and Australian simulcast, we'll be getting Last Exile in the UK too. If this is like the Gonzo of old then FUNi won't be streaming to the UK.

Comment

I live in Texas in the U.S. Which is the true state where anime fandom started in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by Garasharp K7 View Post
                    If the whole lot's in one set, then I'd imagine it'd be a real wallet killer. But it's more than likely I'll pick it up anyway. .
                    It's only about 16 discs all told for the CPM release*, it could be under £100/$160US RRP for the set at modern pricing if it gets a US release(given that new series with 6 discs seem to be going for $60US/£40 at times, and older series are even cheaper), probably a bit more in Aus due to the smaller market, although Madman seem to be releasing new 12 episode sets on DVD for ~$60Aus, so I'd expect an older title to be cheaper.
                    I guess it'll depend on how they release it (one set or several), if it's a nice box or multi disc case, and what it comes with (IE any booklets etc), for example a Utena style release might cost closer to £150 (nice boxes, booklets etc), whist a disc + box only might be cheaper.

[edit]
                    And I realise, I've just described £100+ for a dVd set as not wallet busting.
                    I must have spent too much time and money on anime :p

*IIRC the old CPM release was something like 3/3/4 for the TV series, then 3 for the original OVA's and 2 for the last OVA set, and i'm not sure how much space was used per disc, or even if they were dual layered (if you're releasing a set rather than single discs you can potentially reduce the disc count by using more of each disc as you're not trying to maintain say just 4 episodes a disc, and shifting extras around).
                    Last edited by Nilrem; 08-28-2011, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Is this likely to be any kind of upgrade on the CPM release of Patlabor - which I own, and which is wonderful...

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X