Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Anime Limited licenses Fullmetal Alchemist

Widgets Magazine
    Announced on Twitter and on their Blog, Anime Limited have announced they have the home video rights to the 2003 adaptation of Fullmetal Alchemist for Blu-ray and DVD.

Their blog states this:
    We’ve had some great announcements over the past week but we have one more to share with you that we’re super excited tell you about. Today we are delighted to announce that we (Anime Limited) are bringing the original Fullmetal Alchemist series to the UK on DVD and for the first time on Blu-ray.

Synopsis: After losing their mother, Alphonse and Edward Elric attempt to bring her back using the forbidden science of human alchemy. However, alchemy operates on the theory of equivalent trade, and breaking the human alchemy taboo carries a heavy price. Ed loses his leg, and Al loses his body. Ed is able to seal Al’s soul inside of a huge suit of armor, at the cost of his arm. Years later, Ed (now with two mechanical limbs) and Al (still trapped in the armor) leave their childhood home, each brother concerned with the other’s happiness. Ed, who has a natural talent and skill for alchemy, becomes nationally certified and is soon known everywhere as the “Fullmetal Alchemist.”

Their true objective is to search for any information on the fabled Philosopher’s Stone, hoping it will allow them to regain their old bodies. All of their hopes rest with this mythical stone, which may not even exist at all. However, the brothers soon learn that they are not the only ones after the powerful stone.

“The original Fullmetal Alchemist has a strong place in all of our hearts here at Anime Limited” says Andrew Partridge, President of Anime Limited. “It’s a show that for many people in the UK was a gateway into anime, and after being out-of-print for a long time what better way to celebrate it having been a decade since the series received it’s first release in the UK, yes it has been that long, than being able to bring the series out on DVD and for the first time on Blu-ray. Well there is one way we can think of; an Ultimate Edition Blu-ray set.”

The original Fullmetal Alchemist series will be coming to Blu-ray and DVD in 2016. More details will be forthcoming so please tuned accordingly for those.
    The series was once licensed by MVM Entertainment followed by Funimation & Revelation Films on DVD.
    My Anime List - Hummingbird List - Twitter - My Blog

Re: Anime Limited licenses Fullmetal Alchemist

Huh.

Originally posted by anime_andrew
    Hate to break it to folks but the license for the UK lapsed from Funimation a while ago so we bought the rights directly from Aniplex Japan actually .

So whatever we do is between Aniplex and us, not Funimation .
    It remains available in the UK on FUNimation's YouTube channel.

Comment

I got the Funimation Collectors Edition for this and I'm very very unlikely to double dip for Anime Limited's Ultimate Edition BUT I will keep a close eye on it to see what they include.
      Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

I'd say probably closer to £199.99 SRP which will obviously discount at retail to some extent - but you can't really cheap out on this kind of title really I have to say. Likely will do a limited run of 1,000 - 1,500 numbered copies alongside (pending approval) a Collector's Edition alongside - but seriously - there's so many assets here that weren't even used in the Funimation release that it would be criminal not to go all out for the Ultimate.
        He also indicates they have received a whopping 120GB of image data for the series and that they'd like to vault the bar set by FUNi, but without exceeding their price, and that there will definitely be an early-bird offer on their store.

The difference for us is we've only just licensed FMA - Funimation has had years to recoup costs on the original series so we can't go straight to a 6BD set for a lower priced one sadly - which is just the way it goes with licensing I'm sad to say.

We can however do a more affordable Collector's edition too though if we split it over two sets as a compromise so that gives fans a better choice as well assuming it passes approval.

Pondering ways to make it all work just now .

What folks will get though is:

1 - An extremely good shot at pre-order direct from us (before I even list it on retail is likely and for a longer period) and if we sell out that way I'll be just happy to have given folks the best price direct.

2 - A Collector's Edition at a more standard AL price point, likely split into two parts to again increase the accessibility for folks who've never tried the show before (pending approval, but it's fair especially if (1) sells out on the Shop or near sells out).

3 - A Standard DVD edition at the usual prices, split into two parts again to make sure it remains accessible.

Then later down the line we'll come back to the standard edition (likely around the one+ year down the line though to be clear).

I can assure you that I've already discussed models on it and a cheaper edition is basically approved at about the normal time I'd do one anyway (about 1 year after).

Looking into viability of both, Shamballa is more likely I think than the OVAs but neither is guaranteed watch this space!

Comment

Ultimate Edition is now up for pre-order on their website.
          Synopsis: In an era of war and corruption, State Alchemist Edward Elric and his brother Alphonse desperately search for the Philosopher's Stone. The legendary artifact is their last hope to restore what they've lost - but how far will they go to get it? From the ashes of their childhood, Edward and Alphonse quickly rise to fame within the ranks of the military, realizing along the way that the power to create is only ever a breath away from the power to destroy. And whether they're up against monsters, madmen, or military officials, the bond these brothers share will be the greatest weapon they have in the fight for their lives.

Contains the complete original Fullmetal Alchemist TV series, episodes 1-51, in English and Japanese with English subtitles.

Physical extras:
          • Unique packaging: Impressive replica of "The Gate" from Fullmetal Alchemist - made from Resin and limited to 970 in the world!
          • Artbook: 280 page large sized artwork artbook (26cm x 26cm) shipped along with the Gate in a custom mailing box.
          • Two Rigid Cases and digipacks containing the original full series, available on Blu-Ray in the UK for the first time. Each case contains 7 art cards from the series too making a total of 14 cards.
          • Pre-order bonus: Enrolment into the Amestris Army as a State Alchemist, with certificate for the buyer with their name and alchemist title as assigned by King Bradley showing their serial number for the release too. (Pre-order bonus offer concludes 1st October)

PRICING NOTES:
          • SRP is £299.99
          • Our price from May 27th until July 5th is £124.99 + free shipping
          • From July 5th to release it will be £149.99 + free shipping
          • From release date onwards any remaining units will be £299.99 SRP with usual retailer discounts.

RELEASE DATE - 31st October 2016

Product Details
          • Release Date: 31/10/2016
          • BBFC Cert: 15
          • Format: Blu-ray
          • Episodes: 1-51
          • Runtime: 1,275 mins / 21.25 hours
          • SRP: £299.99
          • Spoken Language: English, Japanese
          • Subtitles: English
          • Extras On Disc: Episode Commentaries, The Transmutation of a Phenomenon: An Inside LookJapanese Commercial, L’Arc~en~Ciel ''Ready Steady Go'' Video, Ura Hagane: Comedic Previews, Textless Songs
          And from their 5pm Friday Panel:
          • The FMA Ultimate Edition is coming in October 2016, of course. Wanna see what the FMA Ultimate Edition box will look like? Course you do...
            • That's a full resin replica of the gate in the show, which will store all of the Ultimate Edition contents.
            • That gate will be shipped within polystyrene and box packaging the release.
            • Also in the Ultimate Edition - 320-page art book, custom certificate from King Bradley, and all 51 episodes of the show of course.
            • The Full Metal Alchemist Ultimate Edition will be limited to 970 units.
            • Discussing the contents of the book - line art vs final shots, in-depth character information, storyboards and more.
            • The art book will be the same size as the overall package.
            • Each certificate will be customized with an Alchemy Name, as well as the number of the copy you bought.
            • How much does it cost? £124.99 if you order between now and July 5th, then £149.99 until October 1st. If you buy it after that, say goodbye to £299.99 as the default SRP.
            • How big is the resin gate in the FMA Ultimate Edition? 31cm high x 25cm width approximately.
            • A question regarding the soundtracks for the FMA Ultimate Edition, and also including the movie. The movie is with the original licensor and not currently available, clearance is an issue for the soundtracks and so wasn't possible.
          • Here's the contents - this will be part one (this is also how the Standard Edition will look). I missed the shot for part two, which will also be included of course. Part 1 and Part 2 will be getting Standard Editions soon after that Ultimate Edition.

Comment

Welp! I just pre ordered already, I now have £20 to live off for the next few days lol

Comment

I figured you would quadrupedal dip on this series Blaize, you should make a FMA collection video sometime haha.

Here's the Q&A from their special FMA website:
              Where can I pre-order this?
              Pre-order for the Ultimate Edition of Fullmetal Alchemist will be available exclusively at AllTheAnime.com and at Zavvi.com.

How much is the Ultimate Edition?
              The Suggested Retail Price (SRP) for this worldwide exclusive set £299.99, minus the usual retailer discounts. However there will special limited periods where you can pre-order this for exclusive pricing.

From 27th May 2016 – 5th July 2016 you will be able to pre-order this for only £124.99 (incl. free shipping) at AllTheAnime.com and Zavvi.com.

From 5th July until 31st October you will be able to pre-order this for £149.99 (incl. free shipping)

NOTE: As there are only 1000 units available, once the allocation has reached its limit you will no longer be able to pre-order this. Pre-orders are available on a first come first served basis across both websites.

From release date onwards any remaining units will be £299.99 SRP with usual retailer discounts. (See FAQ section for more details.)

When is the Release Date?
              The release date for this is 31st October 2016. Both AllTheAnime.com and Zavvi will aim to deliver by day of release (or sooner if possible.)

What is included in this set?
              This one-of-a-kind release will include:
              • The complete 2003 Fullmetal Alchemist TV series (51 episodes) on Blu-ray with both the English dub and original Japanese audio with subtitles.
              • It will come in unique packaging that is an impressive replica of “The Gate” from Fullmetal Alchemist. It will be made from Resin and limited to 1,000 in the world!
              • There will also be a 280-page large sized artwork artbook (26cm x 26cm) that will be shipped along with ‘The Gate’ in a custom mailing box.
              • There will also be two Rigid Cases and digipacks to store the entire series. In addition to this each case will 7 art cards making it a total of 14 art cards that are included.
              • On-disc extras:
                • Episode Commentaries
                • The Transmutation of a Phenomenon: An Inside Look
                • Japanese Commercial
                • L’Arc~en~Ciel "Ready Steady Go" Video
                • Ura Hagane: Comedic Previews
                • Textless Songs

PRE-ORDER EXCLUSIVE BONUS:
              Each pre-order for the Fullmetal Alchemist Ultimate Edition Blu-ray set will come with a personalised certificate of their enrolment into the Amestris Army as a State Alchemist with their name and alchemist title, as assigned by King Bradley showing their serial number for the release too.

Why is it expensive?
              It is expensive yes, but we are the only country in the whole world who are producing a set like this for the series. It’s being made with high quality materials, contains 51 episodes compared to our usual ultimate editions which at most had 27 episodes and 2 movies, hence the higher price.

However, this is only the Suggested Retail Price (SRP). It does reflect what this will actually be sold for as there are retailer discounts to add to this.

How many units of the Ultimate Edition are being produced?
              In total there will be only 1,000 of these being produced in the world with a total 970 being available to the public to pre-order/purchase.

How will you ship the Ultimate Edition?
              Given this is the most ambitious release we have ever planned, we are sparing no expense when it comes to shipping. The entire set will be packed in bespoke packaging to hold everything in place, and then there will be a whole other box around that.

How much will shipping cost?
              From AllTheAnime.com shipping will be absolutely free.

From Zavvi.com shipping to the UK will be free as well.

Will this include any other Fullmetal Alchemist anime (Brotherhood, Conqueror of Shamballa)?
              No. This is because we only hold the UK rights to 2003 TV series of Fullmetal Alchemist specifically. You can find details of contents in our Ultimate Edition further up in earlier sections of this page.

I wasn't able to pre-order this, can I still get a copy?
              There are only 1,000 units of these being produced. So ultimately (no pun intended) it will depend on whether all the units were all pre-ordered or not.

Should there be any additional units remaining, these will not be exclusive to AllTheAnime.com and Zavvi.com. They will be available at other retailers who will stock it. The SRP will still be £299.99, minus respective retailer discounts. Obviously until we know how many pre-orders there have been, we can’t answer this question definitively at the time of writing (May 2016).

Will their be a different version of the Blu-Ray available?
              Yes there will be a regular Anime Limited Collector’s edition Blu-ray set. It will be available over two parts. You may have noticed earlier on we mentioned there would be two rigid cases and digipacks, that’s because the Ultimate Edition comes with both halves.

More details to follow soon but expect SRP to be at least £69.99, making the pre-order special for the Ultimate Edition not an unattractive offer!

Will there be a standard DVD version available?
              Yes there will be a standard edition DVD set. It will be available over two parts. More details to follow soon.

Comment

Zavvi link: http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/full-me.../11285810.html

They've also sent out a mailing for it: http://www.zavvi.com/email/27052016-...en/email.email

Comment

Gonna pre-order from Zavvi because of the price promise and I might have a coupon for there hopefully. I can't afford it right now, but in October I will and there's a good chance that it may get delayed a week or two knowing AL, but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Reuben Green View Post
                    Gonna pre-order from Zavvi because of the price promise and I might have a coupon for there hopefully. I can't afford it right now, but in October I will and there's a good chance that it may get delayed a week or two knowing AL, but you never know.
                    I would be stunned if this doesn't get at least 1 delay lol.

Comment

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
                      Originally posted by Reuben Green View Post
                      I would be stunned if this doesn't get at least 1 delay lol.
                      Yeah, there's only been 1 or 2 cases where soething comes out on time or even a couple of weeks before release date!

Comment

I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere. Is the set region locked?

Comment

Hasn't been stated, but 99% of UK BDs are (and the exceptions are ones like Ghost in the Shell where Manga/Starz has both UK and US rights)

Comment

Originally posted by sandman007 View Post
                            I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere. Is the set region locked?
                            Most likely that they'll use the Funimation discs anyway, so it won't make a difference as to the on-disc content and presentation.

Comment

REMINDER!!!!! If you’re wanting to take advantage of our special early-bird pricing for Fullmetal Alchemist Ultimate Edition, don’t forget this offer to pre-order it for only £124.99, the cheapest this set will EVER be, ends on 5th July. We’ve already sold through half of the 1000 units that are being produced for this so if you’re sitting on deciding we strongly encourage you taken advantage of this offer while it’s still on! Especially as it’s pay day, so perfect time to place that order 😉

Once the offer ends on 5th July the pre-order price will increase to £149.99 until it’s releas date in October. Once released any remaining units will be available to purchase through other retailers where the price will go up to the SRP of £299.99 with respective retailer discounts being applied. You can find more details on this at fullmetal.alltheanime.com

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X