Widgets Magazine

Madman Ent. licenses Sailor Moon (original anime franchise) & Crystal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Madman Ent. licenses Sailor Moon (original anime franchise) & Crystal

Widgets Magazine
    https://www.facebook.com/madmanent/p...148478/?type=1
    We are thrilled to announce the acquisition of SAILOR MOON! One of the most beloved and iconic anime series ever made. 12 episode are ready to watch now on AnimeLab - http://mad.mn/alsmoonfb. Look out for the deluxe DVD & Blu-ray in 2015! Along with SAILOR MOON CRYSTAL streaming now here http://mad.mn/alsmooncfb. Are you a SAILOR MOON fan?
    http://www.madman.com.au/news/madman...-moon-crystal/
    Madman Acquires Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon Crystal
    November 28th, 2014

Madman Entertainment are thrilled to announce the acquisition of SAILOR MOON – one of the most beloved and iconic anime series ever made – for distribution in Australia and New Zealand on DVD, Blu-ray and digital platforms.

Not only will the arrangement see the release of all 200 episodes of the original series along with the three feature films and additional specials, but also the previously unavailable series’ SAILOR MOON S, SAILOR MOON SUPER S and SAILOR MOON SAILOR STARS.

The uncut and uncensored release of SAILOR MOON will feature its original un-cropped 4:3 aspect ratio, along with all original Japanese character names, story elements and relationships, as well as an all-new uncut English dub with a new voice cast.

The first 12 episodes of SAILOR MOON are available to view now on AnimeLab.com, with subsequent episodes from season 1 and other seasons (SAILOR MOON R, SAILOR MOON S, SAILOR MOON SUPER S and SAILOR MOON SAILOR STARS) to follow throughout 2015

The smash hit SAILOR MOON anime series is inspired by the bestselling manga series created by Naoko Takeuchi and tells the story of Usagi Tsukino, a clumsy but kind-hearted teenage girl who transforms into the powerful guardian of love and justice, Sailor Moon. Meeting allies along the way who share similar fates, Usagi and her team of planetary Sailor Guardians fight to protect the universe from forces of evil and total annihilation.

SAILOR MOON will also receive a deluxe DVD and Blu-Ray release at a date to be determined in 2015. Further details of these deluxe releases will be revealed in the near future.

Finally, in addition to the original series, Madman is also very proud to announce the acquisition of brand new series, SAILOR MOON CRYSTAL – which is also streaming now AnimeLab.com, as well as receive a disc release at a yet to be determined date.
    Last edited by WTK; 11-27-2014, 07:14 PM.

Re: Madman Ent. licenses Sailor Moon (original anime franchise) & Crystal

Well isn't this an interesting development? I think I can speak for all of us who bought the first set that I'll be keeping an eye on how this goes.
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if this was Viz's release rebranded as Madman, like FUNi's DBZ Blu-rays. Hopefully the DVDs won't be pillarboxed, but I expect the remaster to be the exact same. Madman had the series before, although they only released the 82 episodes of the DiC version (their releases were basically clones of ADV's releases, though not 100%). This is the first time S, SuperS, AND Stars will be released to home video in Australia, as well as the movies (though S/SuperS were broadcast on TV I think).

I wouldn't be surprised if Manga UK picks this up soon as well (or through Kaze, who licensed the series for German and French markets, and is owned by Viz Media Europe). I can't see MVM touching the series ever again, given their releases of the DiC dub were notorious flops.

Also, at least Madman clarified that they had all the shorts through a list. That should help clarify that we should be getting all of them as well.
      Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
        I wouldn't be surprised if Manga UK picks this up soon as well (or through Kaze, who licensed the series for German and French markets, and is owned by Viz Media Europe). I can't see MVM touching the series ever again, given their releases of the DiC dub were notorious flops.
        Manga UK is pretty much deteriorating over here. Two of the main staff has left for a brand new anime company and there's barely anything announced for the Q1 schedule. Not to mention the UK distributors said there's no chance it will come back (though through Anime Limited it's a possibility). Guess we'll have to see what happens next.
        My Anime List - Hummingbird List - Twitter - My Blog

Comment

Currently watching the blu ray release of Casshan - it's great, but so long as the print is a bit better than that, I'll give Sailor Moon a try if it's available with a region code I can play!

Comment

Originally posted by BurtKenobi View Post
            Currently watching the blu ray release of Casshan - it's great, but so long as the print is a bit better than that, I'll give Sailor Moon a try if it's available with a region code I can play!
            If they use the same print as VIZ then your in for a disappointment.

Comment

Hmm. I'm expecting it to be on a par with the Casshan release (a 70s show) so I don't think I will be. I only have a 40" tv and I expect my old anime to look old and unrestored. Still gonna be better than an upscaled ADV dvd. The furore has prepared me for the worst, so I'm sure I'll be okay but not great.

Comment

Originally posted by NormanicGrav View Post
                Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
                Manga UK is pretty much deteriorating over here. Two of the main staff has left for a brand new anime company and there's barely anything announced for the Q1 schedule. Not to mention the UK distributors said there's no chance it will come back (though through Anime Limited it's a possibility). Guess we'll have to see what happens next.
                Manga are probably more likely to license Sailor Moon without Jerome "I'd rather slam my testes in the door" Mazandarani in charge of licensing

Comment

Originally posted by BurtKenobi View Post
                  Hmm. I'm expecting it to be on a par with the Casshan release (a 70s show) so I don't think I will be. I only have a 40" tv and I expect my old anime to look old and unrestored. Still gonna be better than an upscaled ADV dvd. The furore has prepared me for the worst, so I'm sure I'll be okay but not great.
                  Have you seen what the VIZ release looks like? It's worse than the EU DVDs. http://screenshotcomparison.com/comp...9859/picture:6

Comment

Given how reluctant the AU companies usually are at putting older shows on BD. I would be surprised if MM was doing it with the VIZ release, because that looks terrible, and I can't imagine they would want to risk putting out crap a lot of people would be unwilling (?) to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by skittles View Post
                      Given how reluctant the AU companies usually are at putting older shows on BD. I would be surprised if MM was doing it with the VIZ release, because that looks terrible, and I can't imagine they would want to risk putting out crap a lot of people would be unwilling (?) to buy.
                      I hope you are right, If there release looks better I'll certainly support theirs instead. As much as I love the Viz packaging the video quality is damn right insulting.

Comment

Madman's DBZ Blu-rays are identical to FUNi's, so it wouldn't be the first time a controversial remaster is carried over.

Comment

Madman sublicense DBZ from FUNi so that's not surprising.

Comment

Sailor Moon Part 1 (Eps 1-24) DVD In Stores April 15 2015

- DVD http://b2b.madman.com.au/actions/cat...eleaseId=31176
                            Clean Opening & Closing
                            Galleries
                            English Dub Behind the Scenes
                            - DVD LE http://b2b.madman.com.au/actions/cat...eleaseId=31872
                            Clean Opening & Closing
                            Galleries
                            English Dub Behind the Scenes
                            LIMITED EDITION BONUSES:
                            COLLECTOR'S BOX
                            88 PAGE DELUXE BOOKLET
                            COLLECTOR'S COIN

Comment

I do like those covers if they are the ones being used. Other than that, and the existence of a DVD-only LE, this doesn't look that much different from Viz so far. The English dub behind-the-scenes are also on the DVD instead of being exclusive to Blu-ray.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X