X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] [UK] Kill la Kill

Widgets Magazine
    Originally posted by @ER_nut
    Since when was @AllTheAnime releasing Kill la Kill on home video?
    Originally posted by @AllTheAnime
    @ER_nut HA! You caught our sneaky announcement! Well done

Re: [UK] Kill la Kill

Glasgow, UK March 7, 2014 - Anime Limited are thrilled to announce the acquisition of the popular series Kill la Kill for home video in the UK.

Ryuko Matoi is a vagrant school girl traveling from place to place searching for clues to the truth behind her father’s death—the “woman with the scissor blade.” The journey has led Ryuko to Honnouji Academy. Honnouji Academy—where an elite group of students is granted superhuman powers by their special uniforms called the “Goku uniform.” With the power of the uniform, the student body president, Satsuki Kiryuin rules the students with unquestioned power and fear. Satsuki holds the secret to the “scissor blade” and Ryuko confronts Satsuki to gain information but was their encounter a mere coincidence or fate? The clash between the two will soon consume the whole academy!

A popular hit in the Winter 2014 season, Kill la Kill has taken the UK by storm. From Studio Trigger and the people behind Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill will be released on home video in Q4 2014. The release will come in multiple parts, however details are still being discussed and agreed at this point.

Andrew Partridge, president of Anime Limited says: ‘Kill la Kill has been a complete joy to watch this season! We are huge fans here at HQ and we’re very happy to be able to release it here in the UK. Look out for some pretty cool things to come with our release in Q4′

Kill la Kill is currently streaming on Wakanim.co.uk every week and will shortly be available for Download to Own.

Comment

We have to release over 3 parts in the UK based on situations out of our control so we're debating how to do packaging now - watch this space but we love the French version!

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
        https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...tal_comments=6
        We have to release over 3 parts in the UK based on situations out of our control so we're debating how to do packaging now - watch this space but we love the French version!
        This…does not bode particularly well for the US release. Cue the gouging background music…
        Avatar: Hinagiku Katsura from Hayate the Combat Butler.
        Scratchy for Tama is angry.
        I'm a little tired now...I want soda.
        Casual

Comment

KLK will get a BD release

First part tentatively for end of Q4, we're waiting for the licensor to approve the UK format .

Originally posted by @aab0289
          are the rumours of a dub true? If so, really hope it means it's included in your eventual release.
          Wish we could say - but we don't know! Best ask our friends @aniplexUSA on it ...

Comment

Kill la Kill is complicated, because Aniplex USA's model and ours is different - I can't really talk about their plans, but we want to do three collections, because there are three star levels of uniform, so it's kind of a logical format and despite arguments about where the first break in the series happens, the other two parts are very logical breaks in the series. The second part ends - without spoilers for people - just before the big turning point at the end, and then the last part is obviously the whole final battle. The first part ends during the Naturals Election arc, so it does work to split it into three parts.
            What I'd like to do though is a rigid chipboard box to hold all three parts - I'd like to do something nice with it, there's a lot of booklets included with the Japanese volumes so I'd like to do something with that, but it depends on what we're allowed to do. In France we're doing a booklet based on the first two parts, but I feel that if I can do it why not do two softback A5 books using at least the first four out of however many parts Japan got - a mix of the best features that offers something with a bit more value to the fans.

Comment

Andrew Partridge have provided an example of what Anime Limited is aiming with for the Kill la Kill sets, though it's not final due to finding out what Aniplex does for US Box #2 and of course getting approvals sorted:

Ours will be fancy too - the reason I haven't posted yet is we have no reply from Aniplex regarding our model. Here is what I have planned though which is VERY TENTATIVE UNTIL APPROVED:

Volume 1:

- 2 x BD50, 2 x DVD9
              - Episodes 1-8 or 1-9, need to confirm with AoA what their first two volumes will have.
              - Rigid case
              - Digipack
              - Storyboard / Art book 1 of 3 (100 - 200 pages, depending on what I can clear)
              - Box to hold whole series in*

With box: £59.99-£69.99 SRP dep on what we get in terms of art, so likely £40-£50 on Amazon
              No box: £49.99 SRP so likely so likely £30 - £40 on Amazon.

Box may come with Part 3 though depending again on what we get so none of this is determined yet.

AP
              My Anime List - Hummingbird List - Twitter - My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by anime_andrew
                Originally posted by Emulsion
                According to this Madman's first Blu-ray volume of Kill la Kill will have 4 episodes. Now seen as they said their release will be 5 volumes and going on that link saying volume 1 has 4 episodes, could Madman be using Aniplex discs like they did with Blue Exorcist. Same disc just locked to B and with their logo and trailers. If they do, that means you could get what is essentially Aniplex release at a much cheaper price. (disc wise at least)

This has now got me curious. If, and I say if they are doing as I suggested, I wonder whether Anime Limited will be getting the discs from Madman, meaning we would also have what is essentially Aniplex discs or are Anime Limited doing their own discs.
                Re Madman - we'll make our own discs, but we'll be going down to 5BDs as well by looks of it, split over 3 titles so you can expect a pretty juicy bit-rate .

That help?

Comment

Originally posted by Emulsion
                  5 BD50's? I Assume both audio tracks will be lossless like the AoA release, but will they be 24bit or 16bit? (I assume AoA will be 24bit)
                  Unsure - need to get a reply on assets before I could say.

[..]

Ours will be fancy too - the reason I haven't posted yet is we have no reply from Aniplex regarding our model. Here is what I have planned though which is VERY TENTATIVE UNTIL APPROVED:

Volume 1:

- 2 x BD50, 2 x DVD9
                  - Episodes 1-8 or 1-9, need to confirm with AoA what their first two volumes will have.
                  - Rigid case
                  - Digipack
                  - Storyboard / Art book 1 of 3 (100 - 200 pages, depending on what I can clear)
                  - Box to hold whole series in*

With box: £59.99-£69.99 SRP dep on what we get in terms of art, so likely £40-£50 on Amazon
                  No box: £49.99 SRP so likely so likely £30 - £40 on Amazon.

Box may come with Part 3 though depending again on what we get so none of this is determined yet.

AP

Comment

December

TENTATIVE: Kill la Kill – Part 1 Collector’s Edition Combi-pack SRP: £59.99
                    Notes: We’re preparing authoring but can’t commit to anything until the licensor approves our release model.

What's this we see before us? Why it's Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill on Netflix UK! Another awesome way to try two of our favourite shows before homevideo...
                    Boy I sure hope that anime category will keep growing...

Comment

we're gunning for a pretty cool release (in our case focussing on the original artwork books that came with the Japanese edition - which are HUGE but I will do my best to include as many as I can per release - because it's really worth seeing this stuff!) There'll be a cheaper edition again further down the line here, can't say when really though but like Bebop - one will come .

Comment

For Kill la Kill - it's not really insane - it's just a more sensible model for our market than 4 episodes for £35 (+ import taxes). You get at least double the episodes and we're working on very solid extras for it - plus far more rigid packaging (I've picked up the US one to compare - so can say with certainty out of all the releases outside of Japan, ours will definitely feel great).

If all goes to plan (ho ho ho) then you're looking at 100+ pages of artworks / storyboards with the first part alone though - so that's something to be excited about too .

Not ideal as obviously I'd rather work in two parts, not three - but this would be the best compromise I could manage I'm afraid. Things like contents and pricing can still be set too (I mean we could go £39.99 / £44.99 and only a 48 page booklet if people aren't so fussed, I just feel pretty psyched by KLK so want to get you guys the best extras we can).

Thoughts welcome, got a month to push things along there!

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Shiroi Hane View Post
                          For Kill la Kill - it's not really insane - it's just a more sensible model for our market than 4 episodes for £35 (+ import taxes). You get at least double the episodes and we're working on very solid extras for it - plus far more rigid packaging (I've picked up the US one to compare - so can say with certainty out of all the releases outside of Japan, ours will definitely feel great).

If all goes to plan (ho ho ho) then you're looking at 100+ pages of artworks / storyboards with the first part alone though - so that's something to be excited about too .

Not ideal as obviously I'd rather work in two parts, not three - but this would be the best compromise I could manage I'm afraid. Things like contents and pricing can still be set too (I mean we could go £39.99 / £44.99 and only a 48 page booklet if people aren't so fussed, I just feel pretty psyched by KLK so want to get you guys the best extras we can).

Thoughts welcome, got a month to push things along there!

Andrew
                          http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewto...428136#p428136
                          Wow, that's even better than I thought we could get :D

Comment

Bizarrely there have been a /tonne/ of visual assets per release with KLK in Japan - every volume comes with an art book inside the case - it's really blown me away seeing each sample. So I'd like to transfer as much of that as we can. That said it of course really hinges on what we can do but I did want to do:

Volume 1: Rigid case + 100-200 page book (depending on permissions & approvals)
                            Volume 2: Rigid case + 50-100 page book (depending on permissions & approvals)
                            Volume 3: Rigid case + other goodies TBC + box to hold all 3 (depending on permissions & approvals)

If we're very very careful we maybe could do it at SRP: £59.99, SRP £49.99 and SRP £59.99 (a rigid box to hold 3 x rigid boxes is pretty extreme cost wise as you can imagine...

Will mull over as have time to consider the model slightly though until we list at end of August!

Comment

We're receiving materials now so I'm not super concerned about the release date for Part 1 at the very least now - which is to say I'll have made the masters for Discs 1 & 2 by then anyway. Just preparing product for approval with Aniplex of America in August so working on schedule there .

Will be ready for delivery pre-Christmas

Andrew

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X