Widgets Magazine

Siren Visual licenses Naoki Urasawa's Monster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, someone on another forum was claiming that the Australian release of Monster is actually region free. I've never heard any such thing before, and I'm assuming that they're just wrong about this. But just to double check, I wanted to ask if anyone who actually has this release can confirm whether or not it actually is R4 locked.

On the off chance it actually is region free, I'll have to track it down; if, as I expect, it's R4 locked, I wouldn't go to the trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
      So, someone on another forum was claiming that the Australian release of Monster is actually region free. I've never heard any such thing before, and I'm assuming that they're just wrong about this. But just to double check, I wanted to ask if anyone who actually has this release can confirm whether or not it actually is R4 locked.

On the off chance it actually is region free, I'll have to track it down; if, as I expect, it's R4 locked, I wouldn't go to the trouble.
      I tried Part 1 disc 1 on my PS3 and it won't play.

EDIT: will double check a couple other ones sometime tomrrow
      Last edited by WTK; 12-04-2018, 12:49 AM.

Comment

I tested a whole bunch of my collection for AnimeUKNews forum and their region free/2/B thread. Among the titles I tested for admittedly Region 2 compatibility was my Siren Visual titles.

Here is the list of titles I tested

Black Rock Shooter TV
        Chihayafuru Part One
        Chihayafuru Part Two
        Dennou Coil Part One
        Dennou Coil Part Two
        Hakaba Kitaro
        Higurashi When They Cry Part One
        Higurashi When They Cry Part Two
        Higurashi When They Cry Rei Part One
        Higurashi When They Cry Rei Part Two
        Kaiba
        Monster Part One
        Monster Part Two
        Monster Part Three
        Monster Part Four
        Monster Part Five

Samurai Horror Tales
        Thermae Romae
        Welcome to Irabu's Office

And yeah Samurai Horror Tales was the only set that wasn't region locked. Again I did this test for Region 2 compatibility but I'd be amazed if the results proved different for Region 1 compatibility.
        Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Yeah, it's not gonna play in region 1, you would need a multi-region player for it.

At one point I actually had three complete copies of the Siren box set, as they kept mistakenly shipping me full box sets to the US instead of just the empty box itself, which they also offered. I already had purchased the 5 volumes separately, so all I needed/ordered from them was the empty box to put them in.
          Girls With Guns Avatar: None. Too minuscule to bother with.

Comment

Thanks for the response; that's pretty much what I figured, but I appreciate the double check.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X