Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] New UK Distributor on the Scene in 2013 courtesy of Anime Limited

Widgets Magazine
    Former Beez bod, and current flying consultant for Kaze, Anime on Demand, Scotland Loves Anime and more, Andrew Partridge has been teasing his new venture on Facebook for the past week.

Today the mists have begun to clear, with an Interview at ANN

News Item too

Re: New UK Distributor on the Scene in 2013 courtesy of Anime Limited

I had a feeling that it would be a new distributor when the various social media outlets popped up for this recently. I'm curious how this will go and what they will be licensing.

Comment

It's too late for missing classics like Vandread and Stellvia as I already imported them.
      There are certainly some ADV and Beez shows that would be nice to have back in print, even if I already have them - Last Exile for example. Get not only FMP back but also the prodigal Second Raid would be nice, but tricky if the rights are still lost down the back of the Pacific sofa.
      I wonder if there is anything forthcoming from the Hanabee direction - I'd love to finally see Toradora out over here, I've heard of Alien 9 but never seen it and well, ef is pretty (I think I watched the first episode at some point and never got any further).

To pull out a few quotes:

"My goal is to take a select number of archive and new titles and elevate them to a Criterion-style release."
      "If there's a project that a company has all the rights for, and they want to team up with us to do the theatrical release, then we're more than happy to do so too. The UK space is too small to get into a bar-fight!"
      "there are equally shows of such a good calibre that people will go back to them later. You're not looking at the Galaxy Angels of this world, but you certainly are looking for some of the titles that used to be circulated by ADV or Beez, as well as those that never hit UK soil"
      "The shows I'm looking at mostly are ones where either Blu-Ray is possible now, or the shows were just so good they deserve a second release in something beyond a bog-standard amaray box. (Which isn't to say a budget version shouldn't be available too, I add quickly!)"
      "For film, I have some nice surprises over the next few months. For TV, I have two contracts signed on my desk and a ton more on their way."

From Twitter:
      Q: are you licensing older titles and picking up licenses that beez once had?
      A: Given our President (@liceas) worked with them for many years, you can assume he has an eye on some for sure...

Q: For home releases, sub only isn't out of the question is it?
      A: Absolutely not, sub-only is on the table depending on the title and extras available .

It doesn't impact on his work with Kaze as the goals are completely different .

Also, via Andrew's LinkedIn:
      President
      Anime Limited

January 2012 – Present (1 year) Glasgow

A new anime company in the UK market - focussed on bringing high quality releases to the UK both on the big screen and on homevideo.

We also consult for a number of companies, including KAZE SAS - so nothing much has changed on that note!

Comment

Under 100 more likes to the next give-away and we're even closer to our first license announcement too. At this rate, you'll know one of our first licenses before Christmas!

Starting with - do we plan to do Blu-ray releases? The answer to this is yes wherever material that is HD-worthy is available. It's on a case-by-case basis - but our first license will have a Blu-ray release .

We have a keen interest in high definition formats and see them as an essential for a label like us as Andrew explained in the ANN interview.

Comment

Thanks for that - I can't access Facebook in work and when I tried to email the text too myself I found I couldn't highlight text on facebook on my iPod for some reason.

Comment

Dabbling with the idea of starting NTSC colour DVDs for now unless I can find a magic way to remove that very problem as many people are doing it and returns are proving negligible.

Thoughts?

Comment

Welcome to Anime Ltd

Hello everyone and welcome to a holding site for Anime Limited! We’re in the process of putting together a lot more features and some final touches to our design elements but we wanted to make sure people had somewhere they could be kept up to date of what we were doing.

More importantly – half the fun of being a startup company is being able to show you a bit more of what we’re up to. So not just press releases or pushing for sales but actually talk through the processes we have to go through here to bring you anime.

Here are few of the changes you can expect over the next few months to this site barring aesthetic ones:

- Theatrical listings for any films we are doing.

- Digital links – so places you can get our content plus friends content online officially.

- Pre-orders – we’ll centralise pre-orders for new titles on the site too for folks.

In the meantime – we’ll be getting some more blogs up of interest for folks too and will be updating you with new details of our releases shortly!

Comment

Just to pull out a few things:

Anime LTD is currently three people
                Andrew can now be contacted at andrew A-T alltheanime DO-T com
                "next up we’ll talk about our upcoming release formats and get some discussion going!"

"We'll be announcing our first theatrical title at the Glasgow Film Festival on February the 10th - tune back in then for our first of several films!"

Comment

They have a new site:

I gather from Twitter they've confirmed a release for Kill la Kill somewhere too.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine
                  Working...
                  X