X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] [UK] High School of the Dead

Widgets Magazine
    via Twitter | Release Date: 8/29/2011
    The Blu-ray edition of #HSOTD is 2-discs with limited edition alternate artwork slip cover. £24.97 @AmazonUK http://tinyurl.com/5whb4ps

Re: High School of the Dead

Ordered! August seems a looong time away....
    maehara
    animevision - a casual anime fan's daily reviews & blog | lifestream
    Avatar: Myuseru, from Outbreak Company

Comment

Ah, but the wait makes it all the sweeter :p

Comment

Wow, that's a great price! Without a doubt a day one for me
        SAMA-FUN #04 / TOFU #01 / Sentai Kaiser / Game Reviews / Twitter
        Although his fighting spirit burns like fire, his mind is as calm as still water
        Watching: Initial D 5th Stage, Psycho-Pass, Zetsuen no Tempest, Space Brothers, Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Kamen Rider Wizard

Comment

Re: [UK] High School of the Dead

via Manga UK Twitter
          Do u guys think it's worth our while to acquire the 20 min HOTD OVA? If so, how do we release it here? I was thinking of doing a HOTD bundle

Comment

I'm guessing they're giving up on waiting for a 2nd season to happen or it's not happening for sure (iirc they previously stated this on Twitter).

It's probably not worth the effort to release it at all now, I doubt people are really going to buy it again just for 20 minutes extra.

Comment

I think the idea of publishing it via iTunes has merit.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                via Manga UK Twitter
                Do u guys think it's worth our while to acquire the 20 min HOTD OVA? If so, how do we release it here? I was thinking of doing a HOTD bundle
                Did MangaUK ever give a proper response back? Looking at how the FR release is handling a BD/DVD boxset bundle with the OVA even though it's on DVD would UK mirror the release or at least I hope if they do they get the OVA on Bluray.

Comment

Originally posted by strikezero00 View Post
                  via Manga UK Twitter
                  Did MangaUK ever give a proper response back? Looking at how the FR release is handling a BD/DVD boxset bundle with the OVA even though it's on DVD would UK mirror the release or at least I hope if they do they get the OVA on Bluray.
                  Posted a while back...
                  Originally posted by Shiroi Hane View Post
                  HOTD OVA
                  "we will not be releasing #DriftersoftheDead as a solus DVD or BD release as it is only 20 min long. If there is a 2nd season we will include it on our release."

https://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/144695346004635649

Comment

Posted a while back...
                    Originally posted by Shiroi Hane View Post
                    HOTD OVA
                    "we will not be releasing #DriftersoftheDead as a solus DVD or BD release as it is only 20 min long. If there is a 2nd season we will include it on our release."

https://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/144695346004635649
                    Considering that was last year wonder if asked again they would change their minds especially since this time the OVA is dubbed by Sentai which I'm sure was the reason they held back on it among other things waiting on the OK from japan though there is still the recent JP BD-Box that they may also have to push back the release.
                    Last edited by strikezero00; 11-09-2012, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by strikezero00 View Post
                      Considering that was last year wonder if asked again they would change their minds especially since this time the OVA is dubbed by Sentai which I'm sure was the reason they held back on it among other things waiting on the OK from japan though there is still the recent JP BD-Box that they may also have to push back the release.
                      You really think they would release the OVA (closer to 16 min.) by itself on home video (Blu-ray or not)? I'm not even sure they would re-release the TV series just to include the OVA for a market size like UK.

Comment

It looks like manga have caved in and are re-releasing the series adding the drifters of the dead OVA on a separate DVD in both the DVD and BD sets on June 17.

Comment

Via Manga UK Facebook
                          BREAKING NEWS:
                          We're happy to announce that on June 17th 2013 we'll be releasing "Highschool Of The Dead: Drifters Of The Dead Edition" on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Both the DVD and Blu-Ray editions will come packed with a bonus DVD containing the OVA episode "Drifters Of The Dead" along with episodes 1-12 of the series itself.

This release will also have an O-card and (as JM at Manga HQ put it) "new sexy artwork."

The SRP will be confirmed at a later date.
                          More details to follow. ^JG
                          Well look at that the OVA is included with a DVD/BD re-release of the whole series wonder if the OVA has the dub included though too bad its DVD only.
                          Last edited by strikezero00; 01-23-2013, 09:19 AM.

Comment

IF there is a dub it will be included. Whyever not?

Comment

High School of the Dead: Drifters of the Dead Edition (Series & OVA) | April 22nd, 2013

Amazon UK:
                              Anime-On-Line:

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X