Hana - Shakina Nayfack

Mother - Kate Bornstein
    Miyuki's Father - Crispin Freeman
    Old Man - David Manis
    Oota - Jamieson Price
    Yasuo - Kirk Thornton
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nene Yoshiro, Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
    Watching: Luck & Logic, Soul Link, Happiness, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Somali and the Forest Spirit

The dub for the first episode is now up. So far here is who has been announced:

Studio: Studiopolis

Somali - Corina Boettger
      Golem - Kyle Hebert
      Last edited by Buckeye; 02-14-2020, 10:47 AM.
      Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...55720879329280

My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising

Maxey Whitehead as Katsuma

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
          Somali and the Forest Spirit

The dub for the first episode is now up. So far here is who has been announced:

Studio: Studiopolis

Somali - Corina Boettger
          Golem - Kyle Hebert

Wait. Did CR announce this seasons dubs already, or did they just spring this one us without any prior announcement?
          Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...18108766023680

Hawks - Zeno Robinson

Comment

• Originally posted by Library-chan View Post

Wait. Did CR announce this seasons dubs already, or did they just spring this one us without any prior announcement?
              No prior announcement which means we don't know the ADR staff. They also put up a dub for Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It yesterday without any fanfare and I don't think we even know who the leads are since they haven't announced themselves. Crunchyroll really needs to do better with this
              "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

• Originally posted by Alphanega View Post

No prior announcement which means we don't know the ADR staff. They also put up a dub for Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It yesterday without any fanfare and I don't think we even know who the leads are since they haven't announced themselves. Crunchyroll really needs to do better with this
                The general consensus seems almost 100% certain Yukimura from Science Fell in Love is Billy Kametz.

Comment

• The Laughing Under the Clouds Gaiden films have recently been released by Eleven arts/Shout Factory and all of the main Funimation cast members are confirmed to be back (save for the deceased Cole Brown who was voice matched with another actor). Dub production was apparently handled at Okratron 5000 going by Donald Shults being in the director's chair.

Staff:Cast (new characters):
                  Youtube - Twitter - Kitsu - Tumblr

Comment

• Originally posted by Frontier View Post
                    The general consensus seems almost 100% certain Yukimura from Science Fell in Love is Billy Kametz.
                    That's my guess too, but he hasn't said anything himself, and frankly he shouldn't have to. Crunchyroll paid for the dub so even if they can't be bothered promoting it, the absolute bare minimum they can do is at least credit the actors properly. That goes for every dub they've put out recently except maybe Konosuba since they actually cared about that one.
                    "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

• Originally posted by Alphanega View Post

That's my guess too, but he hasn't said anything himself, and frankly he shouldn't have to. Crunchyroll paid for the dub so even if they can't be bothered promoting it, the absolute bare minimum they can do is at least credit the actors properly. That goes for every dub they've put out recently except maybe Konosuba since they actually cared about that one.
                      They seem to be getting worse about it too. Last season they announced the initial cast for their first 6 shows, and at least promoted the last two, but this season it's just been shadow drops and no cast announcements. I don't think a lot of the actors even realize the shows are out. I'm happy that they're dubbing their shows but I guess we won't hear anything from them unless a bunch of people reach out to them through customer support or something.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...80497399177216

Slice - Lydia Mackay

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                          Tokyo Godfathers

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...glish-dub-cast

This movie has a brand new dub by GKIDS, and here's the cast:

Gin - Jon Avner
                          Miyuki - Victoria Grace
                          Hana - Shakina Nayfack

Mother - Kate Bornstein
                          Miyuki's Father - Crispin Freeman
                          Old Man - David Manis
                          Oota - Jamieson Price
                          Yasuo - Kirk Thornton
                          Cool, It's awesome that they casted a Trans Woman in the role of Hana.

Comment

• Beastars English Cast list:
                            Last edited by JRPictures; 02-21-2020, 01:00 AM.
                            Youtube - Twitter - Kitsu - Tumblr

Comment

• Billy Kametz confirms he's the voice of Shinya Yukimura in Science Fell in Love, so I Tried to Prove It.
                              Originally posted by JRPictures View Post
                              Beastars English Cast list:
                              Probably the biggest surprise is Lara Jill Miller.

Comment

• It has been a long time since Lara Jill Miller did anything on the anime scene. One of the reasons is that she's union-only and the number of union dubs have been dwindling. It looks like that number is back on the rise with Aniplex and Netflix producing more union dubs these days.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X