The New 1 & Only Cast Announcements and Rumors Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Animefan1995 View Post

Shut the front Door, Kari Wahlgren now is in Sword Art Online right now, talk about surprises.

This is the 2nd time that a Non-union series would later become a Union Dub production after Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Aniplex USA establishes an SAG-AFTRA agreement with Bang Zoom akin to Netflix in regards to anime.

And speaking of Netflix, Netflix released a dub trailer of Cagaster of an Insect Cage. Judging by the trailer. the voices I can easily pick up are Billy Kametz, Brianna Knickerbocker, and Todd Haberkorn. That being said, I'm not 100% certain, but we'll need to wait until February to find out.
    Avatar: Sizuru Nakatsu from Rewrite! (if the anime and VN gets an English dub, Faye Mata should voice this character)

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKawaiiTrain View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if Aniplex USA establishes an SAG-AFTRA agreement with Bang Zoom akin to Netflix in regards to anime.

And speaking of Netflix, Netflix released a dub trailer of Cagaster of an Insect Cage. Judging by the trailer. the voices I can easily pick up are Billy Kametz, Brianna Knickerbocker, and Todd Haberkorn. That being said, I'm not 100% certain, but we'll need to wait until February to find out.
      That was an unexpected development as I didn't think that there was anybody cast in the show that has since gone union-only. But seeing that this show could go on forever with the light novels being uber-popular that Aniplex wanted to make sure that if that does happen that everybody can return. I'm guessing that they made Fate/Zero a union dub in anticipation that it would be a long series and it paid off as there are no signs of slowing for this franchise, though they went non-union for Apocrypha and Extra seeing that those shows have completely new casts save for Rin in Extra and someone with only a cameo appearance in Apocrypha. Today's Menu for Emiya Family will have to be union, while I think they can get away with a non-union dub for Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files given that last time I checked, none of the returning characters are voiced by union-only VA's. There was an article about this and while it used to be a matter of cost back in the old days, non-union dubs are more about convenience since there's an approval process that dubbing studios just don't feel is worth the hassle.

And with Aniplex starting to turn to Funimation for dubs of some of their shows with Darwin's Game being the first that it certainly raises a lot more possibilities. One thing I'm hoping can come out of this is Funimation dubbing some of Aniplex's shows that were released sub-only seeing that Funimation has a lot more resources when it comes to dubs than Aniplex and Bang Zoom. Of course, that's wishful thinking more likely than not, but it opens up possibilities. I'm thinking that shows like Bunny-Girl Senpai and Mahouka would have gotten dubbed by Funimation had that option been available back then.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
      Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
      Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKawaiiTrain View Post
        That's definitely Todd Haberkorn for sure, not sure about Billy and Brianna given I haven't listen too much of their voiceover work lately, especially on the former so I'm reserving my judgment until the series comes out. I also do recognize Neil Kaplan's voice in the trailer as well, besides the aforementioned actors you brought up.

More than likely Cagaster is either dub at Studiopolis or VSI LA given Neil Kaplan's presence.
        Last edited by Animefan1995; 01-15-2020, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• The English dub cast and crew of Ni No Kuni, now on Netflix:

Staff:
          • ADR Director: Wendee Lee
          • Sound Mixer: Patrick Rodman
          • Script Adapter: Kayli Mills
          • Recording Engineer: Kenneth Thompson
          • Recording Engineer: Jun Umeda
          • Editor: Kenneth Thompson
          Cast:
          • Yusuke Ninomiya: Max Mittelman
          • Haruto Ichihara: Alejandro Saab
          • Kotona Takashima/Astrid: Abby Trott
          • Saki Mishima/Bertha: Erica Lindbeck
          • Old Man: John DeMita
          • Fidelius Astrum: John Snyder
          • Gnauss Wisden: Robbie Daymond
          • Galeroth Felgrimm: Armen Taylor
          • Barton Rosch: Patrick Seitz
          • Bauer Linden: Ray Chase
          • Handy: Kyle McCarley
          • Dandy: Julie Maddalena
          • Master Zeelok: Derek Stephen Prince
          • Young Yu: Madison Rojas
          • Young Haru: Tucker Chandler
          • Black Hooded Man: Greg Chun
          • Miki Midorikawa: Erika Harlacher
          • Castle Guard Thomas: Joe Zieja
          • Pub Mistress: Philece Sampler
          • Young Tatsunori: Erica Mendez
          • Toru Shinozaki: Spike Spencer
          • Nanako Hayashi: Kayli Mills
          • Pub Patron: Kyle Hebert
          • Evermore Knight: Wendee Lee
          • Warrior: Imari Williams
          • Teacher: Kirk Thornton
          • Zeelok Doctor 1: Frank Todaro
          • Zeelok Doctor 2: Tom Fahn
          • Additional voices: Brian Hanford, David Errigo Jr., Dorah Fine, Janice Kawaye, Jay Preston, Jennifer Losi, Matthew David Rudd
          Youtube - Twitter - Kitsu - Tumblr

Comment

• Today's dubbed episode of Fate/Grand Order marks the debut of Quetzalcoatl, and she is voiced by Gloria Garayua, who is a well-known actress appearing in TV shows like Grey's Anatomy and How to Get Away With Murder, but has never had a voice acting role. She's of Puerto Rican descent and the character speaks a lot of Spanish phrases, so I can see where this was going.
            Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Sorcerous Stabber Orphen

https://www.funimation.com/forum/top...rphen-dubbed/2

English ADR Crew

ADR Director - Jerry Jewell

English Voice Cast

ORPHEN - David Matranga
              CLAIOMH - Sarah Wiedenheft
              MAJIC - Ry McKeand

Matranga is back reprising his role in the Orphen reboot, but Shelley Calene-Black and Spike Spencer have been replaced. There are a number of other roles where it's possible to get the same VA's back from the original series, but they haven't appeared yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                Sorcerous Stabber Orphen

https://www.funimation.com/forum/top...rphen-dubbed/2

English ADR Crew

ADR Director - Jerry Jewell

English Voice Cast

ORPHEN - David Matranga
                CLAIOMH - Sarah Wiedenheft
                MAJIC - Ry McKeand

Matranga is back reprising his role in the Orphen reboot, but Shelley Calene-Black and Spike Spencer have been replaced. There are a number of other roles where it's possible to get the same VA's back from the original series, but they haven't appeared yet.
                I highly doubt we're going to see to many reprisals for this reboot dub the effort for that seems to be lax at best. Which is a shame given under the right supervision it can certainly be achieved.

Comment

• Originally posted by thegateoftruth View Post

I highly doubt we're going to see to many reprisals for this reboot dub the effort for that seems to be lax at best. Which is a shame given under the right supervision it can certainly be achieved.
                  Well, if it were a Sentai license, then I'm pretty sure there would have been a lot more reprisals, and I'm surprised they didn't go all-out and try to get this show seeing that they have the original series. And I would have to think that this dub didn't get much of a budget, at least compared to Full Metal Panic IV since Funimation went all-out to try and get everybody back. This show doesn't have even half the profile, so the budget certainly had to play a big role in that.

Comment

• Bofuri

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...87743763578880

ADR Director: Natalie Hoover
                    ADR Script Writer: Kristen McGuire

Kaede/Maple - Megan Shipman
                    Risa/Sally - Jad Saxton
                    Frederica - Lindsay Seidel
                    Kuromu - Anthony Bowling
                    Iz - Caitlin Glass
                    Last edited by Buckeye; 01-24-2020, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Nekopara

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...29863196286979

ADR Director - Jad Saxton

Chocola - Bryn Apprill
                      Vanilla - Natalie Hoover
                      Kashou - Seth Magill

Hatena Illusion

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...47156768845824

ADR Director - Kyle Phillips

Kana - Skyler McIntosh
                      Makoto - Comona Lewin

Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...52935680786432

ADR Director - Jad Saxton

Hanako - JustinbBriner
                      Nene - Tia Ballard
                      Kou - Tyson Rinehart
                      Last edited by Slowhand; 01-23-2020, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Infinite Dendrogram

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...37226048282625

ADR Director: Tabitha Ray

Ray - Kyle Phillips
                        Shu - Chris Guerrero
                        Nemesis - Mikaela Krantz

Comment

• If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die

ADR Director: Donald A. Shults
                          ADR Engineer: Donald A. Shults
                          ADR Script Writer: Emily Neves

Eripiyo - Megan Shipman
                          Maina - Bryn Apprill
                          Motoi - Stephen Fu
                          Kumasa - Jim Foronda
                          Aya - Dani Chambers
                          Maki - Giovannie Cruz
                          Masuda - Alex Mai
                          Matsuo - Gregory Lush
                          Misaki - Terri Doty
                          Reo - Dawn Bennett
                          Sorane - Morgan Berry
                          Yoshikawa - Christopher Sabat
                          Yuka - Linsdsay Seidel
                          Last edited by Buckeye; 01-24-2020, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• ^^^

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...92179140988929

ADR Director: Donald Shults

Eripiyo - Megan Shipman
                            Maina - Bryn Apprill

Comment

• Smile Down the Runway

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...10407146852355

ADR director: Clifford Chapin

Chiyuki - Macy Anne Johnson
                              Ikuto - Derick Snow

Comment

• Cast of Interspecies Reviewers so far:New cast additions to Fate/Grand Order: Absolute Demonic Front Babylonia:
                                • Sherlock Holmes: Sean Chiplock
                                • Silvia: Reba Buhr
                                Youtube - Twitter - Kitsu - Tumblr

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X