Widgets Magazine

The New 1 & Only Cast Announcements and Rumors Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The New 1 & Only Cast Announcements and Rumors Thread

    Widgets Magazine
    The old thread seems to have some formatting issues, so it's time for a refresh anyway.

    Have you seen a new cast announced? Have you heard a rumor of an actor being cast in a new production? If so, please post in this thread.

    All announcements and rumors should be sourced. Provide a link if possible.

    Do NOT put speculation in this thread. All speculation and casting wishes should go in the Fantasy Dub Thread.

    When posting new information, please reply to the root post.
    Last edited by Hitsugi Amachi; 04-20-2019, 06:10 AM.
    Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
    Scratchy for Tama is angry.
    Casually Reviewing: ???

  • #2
    Originally posted by Hitsugi Amachi View Post
    UPDATE: Please post links to official dub clips, trailers, and other promotional material to Dub Clip, Trailers and Free Episodes.

    When posting new information, please reply to the root post and change the Title line.
    Sorry for being dense here, but I wasn't aware of the Dub Clip thread and I see that no one has posted in it for almost 6 years. Are we really reviving that thread? Just want to be sure.

    Also, I'm not sure what you mean to "change the Title line". Could someone explain?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
      Sorry for being dense here, but I wasn't aware of the Dub Clip thread and I see that no one has posted in it for almost 6 years. Are we really reviving that thread? Just want to be sure.

      Also, I'm not sure what you mean to "change the Title line". Could someone explain?
      I think those are just copy-paste from the original thread with references to the old forum such as the ability for posts to have proper titles and replies inheriting those titles, helping to support a sub-thread system. The fact that the links are to the old forum that no longer exists makes that almost definite.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post

        I think those are just copy-paste from the original thread with references to the old forum such as the ability for posts to have proper titles and replies inheriting those titles, helping to support a sub-thread system. The fact that the links are to the old forum that no longer exists makes that almost definite.
        Huh, right. That forum update was a couple years ago, now. Well, fine. Fantasy link updated, and the clip thread thing eliminated, because so what, I guess.

        *I was never here!*
        Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
        Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
        Please Support The Fandom Post

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bctaris View Post

          Huh, right. That forum update was a couple years ago, now. Well, fine. Fantasy link updated, and the clip thread thing eliminated, because so what, I guess.

          *I was never here!*
          A bctaris was spotted!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
            Also, I'm not sure what you mean to "change the Title line". Could someone explain?
            That is also a holdover from the previous forum software. As it seems that only the main thread title can be changed anymore. Or: vBulletin is decreasing its range of features over time.

            So, updated again.
            Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
            Scratchy for Tama is angry.
            Casually Reviewing: ???

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bctaris View Post
              *I was never here!*
              You were here? I don't see any sign of it
              Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
              Scratchy for Tama is angry.
              Casually Reviewing: ???

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hitsugi Amachi View Post
                The old thread seems to have some formatting issues, so it's time for a refresh anyway.

                Have you seen a new cast announced? Have you heard a rumor of an actor being cast in a new production? If so, please post in this thread.

                All announcements and rumors should be sourced. Provide a link if possible.

                Do NOT put speculation in this thread. All speculation and casting wishes should go in the Fantasy Dub Thread.

                When posting new information, please reply to the root post.
                Thank for making a new thread based on this.
                The English dub for Rilakkuma and Kaoru had been released on Friday on Netflix and we got credits courtesy of JRPictures Twitter account:


                Cast:
                • Kaoru: Lana Condor
                • Tokio: Veronica Taylor
                • Sayu: Melissa Fahn
                • Ghost Girl: Abby Trott
                • Kaoru's Mother: Barbara Goodson
                • Hayate: Chris Hackney
                • Manage Kato: David Earnest
                • Additional Voices: Brianna Knickerbocker, Wendee Lee, Keith Silverstein, & Khoi Dao
                Crew:
                • Director: Wendee Lee
                • Translation: Tyson Rinehart
                • Recording Engineers: Jonathan Abarca & Stormie Radtke
                • Mixing Engineer: Jonathan Abarca
                • Dubbing Studio: VSI Los Angeles
                It's quite the surprise that this is Wendee Lee's FIRST anime series she voice directed outside of Bang Zoom! entertainment since the last anime series she worked on that wasn't at Bang Zoom! was voice directing the Bleach dub at Studiopolis. Also good to see Veronica Taylor in a new anime outside of Studiopolis.
                Last edited by Animefan1995; 05-11-2019, 11:11 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Also while this was released a couple of days ago but Netflix has released a trailer for the forthcoming dub of Ingress: The Animation.

                  There are a couple of voices I heard and recognize in the trailer such as Michelle Ruff, Robbie Daymond, and Kirk Thornton, particularly the former.
                  Last edited by Animefan1995; 04-20-2019, 02:03 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Animefan1995 View Post
                    Also while this was released a couple of days ago but Netflix has released a trailer for the forthcoming dub of Ingress: The Animation.

                    There are a couple of voices I heard and recognize in the trailer such as Michelle Ruff, Robbie Daymond, and Kirk Thornton, particularly the former.
                    To add on to that, Ezra Weisz is the Dub's Director. And Chris Corey Smith is returning from the live action Ingress videos as the voice of his character Hank Johnson.

                    Also from Sentai Filmworks, Jessica Calvello is returning as Cutie Honey for Cutie Honey Universe under David Wald's direction.

                    And the Mysteria/Manaria Friends dub stars Cat Thomas as Anne, and Avery Smithhart as Grea, under the direction of Kyle Colby Jones.
                    Youtube - Twitter - Kitsu - Tumblr

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable

                      A couple new characters either appear or speak for the first time today. However, given how one of them was listed a few weeks back, there's really only new voice actor to list here.

                      Terunosuke Miyamoto - Alan Lee
                      Joseph Klemm
                      "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

                      Spring 2015 Plans
                      Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
                      Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
                      Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Joining the cast of Sword Art Online Alicization this week:
                        Youtube - Twitter - Kitsu - Tumblr

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The Rising of the Shield Hero

                          Seeing that things have moved onto a new thread that I think that all currently running simuldub cast announcements should be brought over. First up, The Rising of the Shield Hero as several new characters have appeared since the original announcement.

                          Studio: Bang Zoom
                          ADR Director: Julie Kliewer

                          Naofumi - Billy Kametz
                          Raphtalia - Erica Mendez
                          Filo - Brianne Knickerbocker

                          Motoyasu - Xander Mobus
                          Ren - Alan Lee
                          Itsuki - Erik Scott Kimerer
                          Myne - Faye Mata
                          Malty - Jackie Lastra
                          Glass - Morgan Berry
                          Ake - Aleks Le
                          Beloukas - Frank Todaro
                          Rifana - Xanthe Huynh
                          Captain - D.C. Douglas
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
                          Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
                          Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Mix

                            https://www.funimation.com/forum/top...ter-thread-mix

                            TOUMA - Howard Wang
                            SOUICHIROU - Clifford Chapin
                            OTOMI - Dani Chambers

                            DAISUKE (NIKAIDOU) - Josh Bangle
                            DOG 1A (PUNCH) - Emily Fajardo
                            EISUKE - Bryan Massey
                            ICHIBAN (NATSUNO) - Alejandro Saab
                            KOMA - Kyle Phillips
                            KUROYANAGI - Mike McFarland
                            MAYUMI - Mallorie Rodak
                            NARRATOR 1A - Dawn M. Bennett
                            TADASHI (IMAKAWA) - Dallas Reid
                            YOSHIKO - Kate Bristol
                            MIYATA - Anthony Bowling
                            NATSUNO - Alejandro Saab
                            YOSHIKO'S MOTHER - Cynthia Crantz
                            ​​​​​​
                            English Dub Crew

                            ADR DIRECTOR - Anthony Bowling
                            ADR ENGINEER - Ryan Urbanovsky
                            ADR SCRIPT SUPERVISOR - Jeramey Kraatz
                            ADR SCRIPT WRITER - Matt Shipman
                            MIX ENGINEER - Neal Malley
                            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
                            Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
                            Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Wise Man's Grandchild

                              https://www.funimation.com/forum/top...s-grandchild/2

                              And here's the last simuldub cast announcement before things got bumped into this new thread. Most simuldubs will be starting over the next two weeks.

                              English ADR Crew

                              ADR Director - Clifford Chapin
                              ADR Engineer - Manuel Aragon
                              ADR Script Writer - Aaron Dismuke
                              ADR Script Supervisor - Bonny Clinkenbeard
                              Mix Engineer - Adrian Cook

                              English Voice Cast
                              SHIN - Daman Mills
                              SHIN (YOUNG) - Alison Viktorin

                              CHRISTINA - Kara Edwards
                              DISEUM - Philip Weber
                              KOLLER - Barry Yandell
                              MARIA - Katelyn Barr
                              MARIKA - Linda Leonard
                              MELIDA - Cynthia Cranz
                              MERLIN - R Bruce Elliott
                              MERLIN (YOUNG) - Austin Tindle
                              MICHEL - Christopher R. Sabat
                              SIEGFRIED - Z. Charles Bolton
                              SIZILIEN - Lindsay Seidel
                              STEVE - Mark Stoddard
                              TOM - Shawn Gann
                              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
                              Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
                              Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

                              Comment

                              Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

                              Channels

                              Collapse

                              Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X