X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wjbraden
    replied
    Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
    The dub list should be finishing up for this year soon. In the meantime, all fall season simuldubs from Funi are now up closing the book on them, while with Crunchyroll I'm still waiting for when Ascendance of a Bookworm and Iruma-kun come out. As for Sentai, I'm waiting to hear whether Bang Dream or Run With the Wind will be ready before the year ends. In any case, a clean sweep is coming soon.
    I have a few more you could add to the list:

-Is Lupin Still Burning (OVA) (Discotek)
    -One Piece: Episode of Skypiea (TV Special) (Funimation)
    -Dino Girl Gauko (Netflix)
    -St. Seiya (Redub) (1986) (Netflix)
    -Teasing Master Takagi-san 2 (Netflix)

-Levius (Netflix)
    -The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.: Reawakened (Netflix)

-Gintama (Season 1) (??? - streaming on Hulu)
    -Detective Conan/Case Closed: The Crimson Love Letter (Film) (??? - dub produced at Bang Zoom) (Screened at CharaExpo USA)
    -Detective Conan/Case Closed: Episode One (TV Special) (??? - dub produced at Bang Zoom) (Screened at CharaExpo USA)

Also, a few more that I mentioned in my post a few months ago:

-Inazuma 11 Ares (Level-5 abby)
    -One Piece: 3D2Y (TV Special) (Funimation)
    -One Piece: Episode of Sabo (TV Special) (Funimation)
    -One Piece: Episode of Nebulandia (TV Special) (Funimation)
    -One Piece: Episode of East Blue (TV Special) (Funimation)
    -Lupin The Third: Goemon Ishikawa's Spray of Blood (Film) (Discotek)
    -Lupin The Third: Fujiko Mine's Lie (Film) (Discotek)
    -Lupin the 3rd: Blood Seal of the Eternal Mermaid (Film) (Discotek)
    -Lupin the 3rd: Goodbye Partner (TV Special) (Discotek)
    -Detective Conan/Case Closed: Zero the Enforcer (Film) (??? - dub produced at Bang Zoom) (screened at Anime Expo)
    -City Hunter: Shinjuku Private Eyes (Film) (Discotek) (screened at Otakon)
    -Ascendance of a Bookworm (Crunchyroll)

Edit:

Do we want to include long running franchises, like Pokemon, that are broken up into seasons only internationally? If so, there's also:
    -Pokemon: Sun & Moon: Ultralegends (TPCi)
    Last edited by wjbraden; 12-06-2019, 06:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    The dub list should be finishing up for this year soon. In the meantime, all fall season simuldubs from Funi are now up closing the book on them, while with Crunchyroll I'm still waiting for when Ascendance of a Bookworm and Iruma-kun come out. As for Sentai, I'm waiting to hear whether Bang Dream or Run With the Wind will be ready before the year ends. In any case, a clean sweep is coming soon.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    A lot of dubs have just been announced today, so I'm going to list them here. I won't list them just yet on the master list because 2019 is almost over and some of these might not start until 2020, which would bump them onto the 2020 list.

BanG Dream! (Sentai, and oddly enough only season 2 was officially announced, but not season 1)
    O Maidens in Your Savage Season (Sentai)
    Run With the Wind (Sentai)
    To-Love Ru (Sentai)
    Ascendance of a Bookworm (Crunchyroll)
    If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord (Crunchyroll)
    Magical Sempai (Crunchyroll)
    Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun (Crunchyroll)

O Maidens will be coming in December, while To-Love Ru will be coming in March. Sentai also licensed Fragtime, and chances are it will get a dub, but probably not until next year when they begin the theatrical release. Lastly, the simuldub for LGH:DNT Second is now up, and while a dub has been announced for Actors, there's no telling when it will go up and what list it goes on at the moment.

So looking at Sentai's shows for 2019, here are the shows remaining whose decision on dubs has yet to be made.

Winter 2019
    Bermuda Triangle
    Dimension High School
    Grimms Notes
    W'z

Spring 2019
    Namu Amida Butsu! Utena
    Senryu Girl

Summer 2019
    Re:Stage! Dream Days
    The Demon Girl Next Door
    Wasteful Days of High School Girls

Fall 2019
    Kandagawa Jet Girls
    Outburst Dreamer Boys
    Rifle is Beautiful
    Val x Love
    Z/X Code Reunion

Of these shows, The Demon Girl Next Door certainly has the best chance of getting a dub. While Senryu Girl has a case for a dub, that show is going to be really tough to dub, though it helps that the poems just need to be funny rather than elegant. Aside from those two, I can't see anything else getting dubs from this year's Sentai licenses.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Now that all of the shows have premiered and I kind of have an idea of how good and marketable they will turn out to be that it's time that I do my seasonal assessment to determine which shows are likely getting dubs and which ones have the same odds as a Hail Mary pass. Several shows have already been confirmed for dubs, whether it be through simuldubs, dubcasts, Netflix licenses, or sequels.

Like always, I only do assessment for shows with episodes that are at least half-length and streaming somewhere in America except for shorts that have been picked up for home video licenses. Also, my assessment criteria will depend on who has the home video license and in the absence of that (like the Amazon shows), it will depend strictly on impressions and marketability. So with that, here is my assessment for dub likelihood for the Fall 2019 season.

Confirmed
    Actors: Songs Connection (Funimation simuldub, but broadcast is TBD)
    Africa Salaryman (Funimation simuldub)
    After School Dice Club (Funimation simuldub)
    Ahiru no Sora (Sentai Dubcast)
    Azur Lane (Funimation simuldub)
    Bananya and the Curious Bunch (Sequel)
    Beastars (Netflix)
    Cautious Hero (Funimation simuldub)
    Chihayafuru 3 (Sequel)
    Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life? (confirmed by Crunchyroll)
    Fairy Gone season 2 (Funimation simuldub)
    Fate/Grand Order: Absolute Demonic Front Babylonia (confirmed by Aniplex)
    Food Wars! The Fourth Plate (Sequel)
    Granblue Fantasy season 2 (Sequel)
    Hi Score Girl II (Netflix)
    High School Prodigies Have it Easy Even in Another World (confirmed by Crunchyroll)
    Kabukicho Sherlock (Funimation simuldub)
    Kemono Michi: Rise Up! (Funimation simuldub)
    Kono Oto Tomare! Sounds of Life (Funimation simuldub)
    Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These (Funimation simuldub)
    My Hero Academia season 4 (Funimation simuldub)
    No Guns Life (Funimation simuldub)
    Radiant Season 2 (Funimation simuldub)
    Seven Deadly Sins: Wrath of the Gods (Netflix)
    Special 7: Special Crime Investigation Unit (Funimation simuldub)
    Stand My Heroes: Piece of Truth (Funimation simuldub)
    Stars Align (Funimation simuldub)
    Sword Art Online Alicization: War of Underworld (Sequel)

Virtual Locks
    Ascendance of a Bookworm
    Babylon
    Blade of the Immortal
    Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode Oracle
    Psycho-Pass 3
    Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun

While PSO2 is currently sub-only, my gut feeling is that Funimation will start simuldubbing this show for the winter season once they get through the backload of simuldubs this season as studio usage has been maxed out, but the winter season figures to be much lighter. When the time is right, Funimation should be picking up the home video rights for Psycho-Pass season 3, which will guarantee a dub, but only if that happens. Babylon and Blade of the Immortal will almost certainly get dubs should they get picked up for home video by someone as they have a lot going for those shows. And then there's Bookworm and Iruma-kun that's getting pretty solid viewership, so I can see CR dubbing those show in due time.

50/50
    Assassins Pride
    Rifle is Beautiful

These two shows are Sentai licenses with compelling arguments both fore and against dubbing. Assassins Pride has the marketability, but so far the show hasn't been all that great. As for Rifle is Beautiful, I say it's closer to being a longshot seeing that it's another typical cute girls show that Sentai typically ignores for a dub (though more of these kinds of shows have been getting dubs lately from Sentai), but the artwork and antics, as well as the rifle action to push it barely into this tier.

Longshots
    True Cooking Master Boy
    Val x Love

Cooking Master Boy has that Food Wars! vibe going for it, but at the same time it just hasn't been a great show. And then there's Val x Love that's just a mess of a harem. But it has some marketability, so at the very least it's going to be a longshot.

Fuhgeddaboudit
    Kandagawa Jet Girls
    Oresuki
    Outburst Dreamer Boys
    We Never Learn season 2
    Z/X Code Reunion

While Oresuki and We Never Learn would get dubs by Funimation and have a good chance from Sentai, not a chance from Aniplex. I point to the fact that Aniplex skipped out on dubbing Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai, one of the best shows from last year and it's a show that would have been dubbed if it was licensed by anybody else but not by Aniplex. Oresuki and We Never Learn have lesser profiles in the slice of life genre, so that's why I say there's no chance at a dub for those two shows. Kandagawa Jet Girls is one of the season's worst shows, Z/X Code Reunion is just bland, and Outburst Dreamer Boys only has comedy going for it and that's not enough to overcome its limited marketability.
    Last edited by Buckeye; 11-16-2019, 10:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wjbraden
    replied
    Fyi, Sentai has just released a redub of the original Saint Seyia TV series on Netflix.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    It has been awhile since I last updated this list. Announcements are coming in for which fall season shows will get simuldubs. Also, while Fate/Grand Order has been confirmed for a dub, that's probably going to be a 2020 dub, and while Chihayafuru 3 and Food Wars! The Fourth Plate are also getting dubs, whether it comes this year or next year remains to be seen (probably a yes for Chihayafuru, but no for Food Wars! since the third season dub is still in progress). For now, all the announced simuldubs have been added to the list.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Time for me to do my seasonal dub assessment now that every show has aired and I have an idea where things stand. As usual, I list shows that begin this season that are either licensed or shows legally streaming somewhere (unless announced by Netflix) with episodes that are at least half-length. I decided to repurpose the Virtual Locks section to include titles that are likely going to get dubs, but leave a bit of uncertainty as well.

Confirmed
    Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest (Funimation Simuldub)
    Astra Lost in Space (Funimation Simuldub)
    BEM (Funimation Simuldub)
    A Certain Scientific Accelerator (Funimation Simuldub)
    Cop Craft (Funimation Simuldub)
    Demon Lord, Retry! (Funimation Simuldub)
    Dr. Stone (Funimation Simuldub)
    Ensemble Stars (Funimation Simuldub)
    Fire Force (Funimation Simuldub)
    Hensuki (Funimation Simuldub)
    How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? (Funimation Simuldub)
    Is It Wrong to Try and Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II (Sentai Dubcast)
    Kengan Ashura (Netflix)
    Kochoki (Funimation Simuldub)
    Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin - Advent of the Red Comet (Previously dubbed)
    The Ones Within (Funimation Simuldub)
    Yamishibai season 7 (Sentai is dubbing the other seasons)

Virtual Locks
    If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
    Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files
    O Maidens In Your Savage Season
    Teasing Master Takagi-san 2
    To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts
    Vinland Saga

Of these shows, Lord El-Melloi is the biggest slam dunk as everything from the Fate franchise has been dubbed. Takagi-san should be confirmed, except that Netflix somehow got their hands on the sequel and it's another Saiki K. situation as it means having to go to Dallas to get it dubbed, which Netflix isn't exactly eager to do. O Maidens has been well-received, which is the biggest factor now for Sentai in dubbing a show. Abandoned Sacred Beasts is another one of those shows with marketing potential, and given how much enthusiasm CR showed that I think it gets dubbed. And then there's Vinland Saga, and somebody is going to get the home video license and dub it, and there have even been requests to have it on Toonami, so at the end of the day, this Viking fantasy show will get a dub.

50/50
    The Demon Girl Next Door
    Granbelm
    Isekai Cheat Magician

Granbelm and Isekai Cheat Magician have the widespread appeal, but they have been poorly received, so I can understand both ways of the argument for those two shows. Demon Girl Next Door is another one of those shows that Sentai would have brushed aside for a dub in the past, but things have been changing recently, and so far it has been an entertaining show with appeal.

Longshot
    Are You Lost?
    Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?
    Given
    Magical Sempai

The two half-length shows have a chance because they are half-length, but I'm not really expecting them to be dubbed as they don't have the drawing power like with last season's shows in the same timeslot as Isekai Quartet and Strike Witches are spinoffs of well-established franchises. Knowing Aniplex, Two-Hit Mom probably won't get a dub seeing that it has been poorly received, but the appeal gets it an outside shot. Lastly, Given is on the opposite end of a spectrum, a well-received show that nobody is really watching as BL just doesn't sell.

Fuhgeddaboudit
    Re:Stage Dream Days
    Starmyu 3
    Symphogear XV
    Try Knights
    Wasteful Days of High School Girls

None of the previous seasons for Starmyu or Symphogear are getting dubs, so there's no reason to believe the new seasons will. Re:Stage pretty much can be written off as another cute girls show, but above all it will be quite difficult to dub should Sentai decide to do so as the most recent episode pretty much says it all. Wasteful Days just doesn't have the widespread appeal, and Try Knights is a show nobody really cares about.
    Last edited by Buckeye; 11-16-2019, 10:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Alright, I have been lazy and have forgotten to add more dubs to this list, but nevertheless I'm doing that just now. Here are the dubs announced at Otakon:

Ao-chan Can't Study (Sentai)
    Kemono Friends (Discotek)
    City Hunter: Shinjuku Private Eye (Discotek)
    Galaxy Express 999: Eternal Fantasy (Discotek)
    Thermae Romae (Discotek)

And also, Miss Caretaker of Sunohara-sou has been added to Funimation's catalog as well. I'm getting ready to do my quarterly dub prospects now that the late-starting Try Knights has aired and I have a pretty good idea where things stand for the other shows.

Leave a comment:

• wjbraden
    replied
    Buckeye Great list, I have a few titles that I believe could be added to it:

-Inazuma 11 Ares (Level-5 abby)
    -One Piece TV Special: 3D2Y (Funimation)
    -One Piece TV Special: Episode of Sabo (Funimation)
    -One Piece TV Special: Episode of Nebulandia (Funimation)
    -One Piece TV Special: Episode of East Blue (Funimation)
    -Lupin The Third: Goemon Ishikawa's Spray of Blood (Discotek) (screened at Anime Expo)
    -Lupin The Third: Fujiko Mine's Lie (Discotek)
    -Lupin the 3rd: Blood Seal of the Eternal Mermaid (Discotek)
    -Detective Conan: Detective Conan: Zero the Enforcer (??? - dub produced at Bang Zoom) (screened at Anime Expo)
    -City Hunter: Shinjuku Private Eyes (Discotek) (screening at Otakon)

Also, isn't Lupin The Third Part V licensed through Discotek, like other recent Lupin titles? Funimation just streamed it through their platform, I believe.
    Last edited by wjbraden; 07-11-2019, 11:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rootsofjustice
    replied
    Okay, so now that even a show as abstract as Yamishibai is getting a dub out of Sentai, it'd probably a good idea to scope out what is and isn't likely to get dubbed by Sentai in the coming months. My criteria is simple, as I feel there's one factor that'd disqualify a show for a little while and another that'd likely disqualify outright. If a show was released sub-only recently (gonna pull a number out of a hat and say 18-24 months), I'd wager Sentai would need a little more time to consider it for marketing and other reasons. If it's a two-cour+ show that received a complete (or otherwise condensed) collection, to me that rules the show out entirely. Also not going to look at other Section 23 imprints under presumably different management and their older sub-only licenses as the M&E tracks required to create a dub may no longer exist.

Probably Not Any Time Soon
    Action Heroine Cheer Fruits
    ATOM the Beginning
    BanG Dream!
    Battle Girl High School
    Damepri Anime Caravan
    Dive!!
    Frame Arms Girl
    Hozuki's Coolheadedness
    Kabukiku
    Love and Lies
    Magic of Stella
    Sagrada Reset
    Urara Meirocho
    Vatican Miracle Examiner

Probably Not At All
    Amagami SS/SS+
    Hayate the Combat Butler
    Invaders of the Rokujyoma!? (UPDATE 5/27/19: Announced by MVM as a sub-only release in UK)
    He Is My Master
    Qwaser of Stigmata
    The Familiar of Zero (Seasons 2-4)
    When They Cry (Seasons 2-3)

Entirely Possible
    And Yet the Town Moves
    Argevollen (2 cour, no condensed rerelease)
    Atelier Escha & Logy
    Beautiful Bones -Sakurako's Investigation-
    Blade & Soul
    Blade Dance of the Elementalers
    Blue Spring Ride
    Busou Shinki
    Captain Earth (2 cour, no condensed rerelease)
    Celestial Method
    Comet Lucifer
    Cuticle Detective Inaba
    Detroit Metal City
    Devils and Realist
    Ebiten
    Engaged to the Unidentified
    Eyeshied 21 (Until Sentai says their home video rights are up I can't not put it here)
    Fantasia Doll
    Fist of the North Star DD
    Flowers of Evil
    Grisaia
    Gingitsune
    Gintama s1 (See Eyeshield)
    Girlish Number
    Girls Beyond the Wasteland
    Glasslip
    Gourmet Girl Graffiti
    Gugure! Kokkuri-san
    Hatsukoi Limited
    Hidamari Sketch
    Humanity Has Declined
    [email protected] Xenoglossia
    Is the Order a Rabbit?
    Kamigami no Asobi
    Kinmoza!
    Listen to Me Girls, I Am Your Father
    Locodol
    Long Riders
    Love Lab
    Love, Election and Chocolate
    Maoyu
    Matoi the Sacred Slayer
    Meganebu
    Momokuri
    Momokyun Sword
    My mental choices are completely interfering with my school romantic comedy.
    Natsuyuki Rendezvous
    Norn9
    Nurse Witch Komugi R
    Okamikakushi
    One Week Friends
    Pet Girl of Sakurasou
    Phantasy Star Online 2
    Photo Kano
    Place to Place
    Psychic Detective Yakumo
    Psychic Squad (This includes THE UNLIMITED)
    Punch Line
    Rail Wars
    Re-Kan
    Reideen
    Rin-Ne (Season 1 at least, I'd imagine a slow rerelease for the other two seasons)
    Sabagebu
    Sakura Trick
    Samurai Jam -Bakumatsu Rock-
    [email protected]
    Severing Crime Edge
    Shirobako
    So, I Can't Play H
    Softenni
    Space Brothers (I've heard tale it didn't sell very well, but it meets my criteria)
    Stella Women's Academy High School Division Class C3
    Strawberry Marshmallow
    Student Council's Discretion
    Taisho Baseball Girls
    Tari Tari
    Tegumi Bachi -Letter Bee-
    The Comic Artist and His Assistants
    The Hentai Prince & the Stony Cat
    The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors & Hostel Behavior
    The Perfect Insider
    The World is Still Beautiful
    Triage X
    Unlimited Bahamut Chronicle
    Uta*Pri
    Wake Up, Girls!
    Windy Tales
    Wish Upon the Pleadies
    Wolf Girl & Black Prince
    Young Black Jack
    Yozakura Quartet
    Yusibu
    Yuyushiki

Not Sure?
    Classicaloid
    Non Non Biyori (Not sure where to put this, it has a third season coming, but it was also condensed into a Complete Series set recently)

Gonna put my wager down on one of Sentai's AX announcements being another slate of The Dubs Are Coming with Is the Order a Rabbit, Shirobako, Sakura Trick, Blue Spring Ride and Uta*Pri.
    Last edited by Rootsofjustice; 05-27-2019, 06:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Frontier
    replied
    Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
    So with the latest solicitations and news, Sentai is starting to go back and dub shows that didn't get it due to their old criteria of choosing what to dub. It used to be that marketability dictated their decisions as to what shows they are dubbing and not, and now it's more based on reception. In any case, Waiting in the Summer has been added to the list, and just to recap, these are the shows that are getting a dub after Sentai initially released it sub-only over the past year:

Kampfer
    Love Stage!
    My Teen Romantic Comedy Snafu
    To Love-Ru
    Waiting in the Summer

As for what shows are next in line to get dubbed, the leading candidates are The Pet Girl of Sakura-sou, Grisaia, Non Non Biyori (especially with a third season coming out), and Golden Time, and while there are others, I'm not so sure the demand is there for the others like there is for these that are listed. Seeing that they dubbed Mitsuboshi Colors, which had no chance at a dub under the old criteria, that I can see they dubbing Non Non Biyori and dubcasting the third season.
    Sentai has announced dubs for both Golden Time and Yamashibi: Japanese Ghost Stories.

HIDIVE will also be streaming a dub for Domestic Girlfriend.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    So with the latest solicitations and news, Sentai is starting to go back and dub shows that didn't get it due to their old criteria of choosing what to dub. It used to be that marketability dictated their decisions as to what shows they are dubbing and not, and now it's more based on reception. In any case, Waiting in the Summer has been added to the list, and just to recap, these are the shows that are getting a dub after Sentai initially released it sub-only over the past year:

Kampfer
    Love Stage!
    My Teen Romantic Comedy Snafu
    To Love-Ru
    Waiting in the Summer

As for what shows are next in line to get dubbed, the leading candidates are The Pet Girl of Sakura-sou, Grisaia, Non Non Biyori (especially with a third season coming out), and Golden Time, and while there are others, I'm not so sure the demand is there for the others like there is for these that are listed. Seeing that they dubbed Mitsuboshi Colors, which had no chance at a dub under the old criteria, that I can see they dubbing Non Non Biyori and dubcasting the third season.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Time for my seasonal dub assessment to determine the odds of every show getting a dub or not. Once again, I am only listing shows that begin this season, are legally streaming somewhere, and episodes are at least half-length (shorts with shorter run-times that are licensed for home video release will be included). So with that, onto the assessment. With this season seeing a huge reduction in the number of shows, as well as Funimation picking up just about every relevant title this season that the lists are going to be pretty short this time around.

Dubs Confirmed

7SEEDS (Netflix)
    AfterLost (Funimation Simuldub)
    Attack on Titan season 3 part 2 (Funimation Simuldub)
    Bungo Stray Dogs (Crunchyroll Sequel)
    Carole and Tuesday (Netflix)
    Fairy Gone (Funimation Simuldub)
    Fruits Basket (Funimation Simuldub)
    The Helpful Fox Senko-san (Funimation Simuldub)
    Isekai Quartet (Funimation Simuldub)
    Kengan Ashura (Netflix)
    Koto Ono Tomare (Funimation Simuldub)
    Midnight Occult Civil Servants (Funimation Simuldub)
    Million Arthur (Funimation Simuldub)
    Mix (Funimation Simuldub)
    Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin TV (Edited from OVA release)
    One Punch Man 2 (Viz)
    RobiHachi (Funimation Simuldub)
    Sarazanmai (Funimation Simuldub)
    Strike Witches: 501st Unit, Take Off! (Funimation Simuldub)
    Ultraman (Netflix)
    Wise Man's Grandchild (Funimation Simuldub)
    YU-NO (Funimation simuldub)

Virtual Locks
    Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba

Pretty much, it's gonna happen and this is the only show without a dub that's certain to get one. Aniplex has been heavily promoting this show, and so far it's great. So a dub is in the bag for Demon Slayer, and a possible Toonami broadcast as well.

50/50
    Hitori Bocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu
    Why the hell are you here, Teacher!?

For Hitori Bocchi, it would most definitely would have been a Sentai license without a dub based on the way they operated in the past, but seeing that similar shows like Mitsuboshi Colors and Hakumei and Mikochi are getting dubs that there's a pretty solid chance for it to get a dub. This is one of the better slice of life shows this season, but of course the genre isn't marketable, which is why I have it at 50/50. And then there's the fanservicey show and this is the kind of show that sells in America. Certainly, a dub could be coming for that show seeing that Sentai has a pretty thin catalog this season.

Longshot
    Ao-chan Can't Study
    Senryu Girl

While I could see these shows getting dubbed, it's very unlikely given the show's profile. As for Ao-chan, the sexual humor might give it enough to have it dubbed. Senryu Girl will be pretty tough to dub, but Sentai can pull it off by using haikus in place of senryus seeing that there's not much difference on the English side of things.

Fuhgeddaboudit
    Amazing Stranger
    Bakumatsu Crisis
    Cinderella Nine
    Diamond of the Ace Act II
    Joshi Kausei
    King of Prism
    Namu Amida Butsu! Utena
    We Never Learn
    Zoku Owarimonogatari

Alright, I'm breaking the rules there adding Joshi Kausei to the list, but with no words being spoken, there's no need to dub it, so if it does somehow make it to BD, nobody is going to dub it. Nevertheless, these are shows I'm having a hard time seeing getting dubbed. Of the notable entries on this list, We Never Learn and Zoku Owarimonogatari are Aniplex shows that won't get dubs for different reasons as nothing was ever dubbed in the Monogatari series, all while Aniplex just doesn't dub shows like We Never Learn. And you can pretty much forget about Namu Amida Butsu getting a dub as nobody is watching that show. And for the same reasons, Bakumatsu Crisis and King of Prism won't be getting dubs.
    Last edited by Buckeye; 11-16-2019, 10:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tboy1992
    replied
    Funimation just added Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life, Fairy gone, Mix, RobiHachi, and AFTERLOST to their simuldub lineup.
    Last edited by tboy1992; 04-05-2019, 06:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    A number of shows were recently greenlit for dubs, which includes The Promised Neverland (coming to Toonami), My Teen Romantic Comedy Snafu, Kokkoku, and Love Stage, as well as some Netflix shows whose premiere dates were recently announced.

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X