Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckeye
    replied
    First of all, the Rokka dub is finally available. While it was dubbed quite some time ago, this is the first time it's available, either through streams or R1 physical media, so it's part of this year's dub list. I decided to reformat the list and now it uses a table to make the list easier to read.

I was waiting to see what Sentai was going to dubcast for this season, and it looks like it will just be Real Girl, and doing it on a more flexible schedule to release it three episodes per month rather than weekly giving me the impression that they are going to wait until the end of the season before deciding on what to dub. In any case, it's time for me to do my Winter 2019 assessment of dub likelihood. Once again, shows listed here are for shows that are at least half-length and are legally streaming somewhere in the US whether it be on Crunchyroll, Funimation, HIDIVE, Netflix, Amazon, or some other service not commonly used for anime.

Dub Confirmed
    Boogiepop and Others (Funimation Simuldub)
    Date A Live III (Funimation Simuldub)
    Endro! (Funimation Simuldub)
    Forest of Piano 2nd Season (Netflix)
    Kakegurui xx (Netflix)
    Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka (Funimation Simuldub)
    The Morose Mononokean II (Funimation Simuldub)
    Mob Psycho 100 (Crunchyroll Simuldub)
    My Roommate is a Cat (Funimation Simuldub)
    The Quintessential Quintuplets (Funimation Simuldub)
    Real Girl 2nd Season (Sentai Dubcast)
    Revisions (Netflix)
    Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan (Funimation Simuldub)
    The Rising of the Shield Hero (Crunchyroll Simuldub)
    Tokyo Meiji Renka (Funimation Simuldub)

Virtual Locks
    Domestic Girlfriend
    Dororo
    Mysteria Friends
    The Promised Neverland

The Promised Neverland is one of the most-watched shows this season, so there's no question there's a dub coming. This would also be something great for Toonami as it's up there in being one of the most requested shows to air on TV. Dororo will undoubtedly get dubbed by whoever ends up with the home video license seeing that it is one of the best shows of the season. Domestic Girlfriend is by far Sentai's best show this season, so no question it's getting dubbed. Mysteria Friends has its ties to Rage of Bahamut, and given the half-length episodes and a small cast with Anne and Grea having the majority of the lines that I think it gets dubbed as well.

50/50 Chance
    Girly Air Force
    Grimms Notes
    The Magnificent Kotobuki
    The Price of Smiles
    W'z

It's kind of hard to get a good read on where these shows stand. Girly Air Force is something Funimation would dub, but with the partnership ended that it's kind of a coin flip. Grimms Notes I'm leaning towards no, but this show does have its appeal. As for Kotobuki and Price of Smiles, those shows have great appeal even if it is lacking in the reception department. The former has great action that makes it appealing, while Price of Smiles has an intriguing, albeit not told well to this point, story. Lastly, W'z is there because of its ties to Hand Shakers, but at the same time it's a sequel to a show that's an absolute dumpster fire, a fact that isn't so obvious.

Longshot
    How Clumsy You Are, Miss Ueno
    Kaguya-sama: Love is War
    Kemono Friends 2
    Kemurikusa
    Wataten! An Angel Flew To Me

Kaguya-sama is pretty unlikely knowing that Aniplex just doesn't dub these kinds of shows, and not to mention this show is going to be really tough to dub. Since the show is well-received so far that there's a chance, but again that's how Aniplex makes decisions. Miss Ueno is a short, so that's why it has a chance when the content suggests otherwise. Kemono Friends is popular in Japan, but not so much outside Japan, so while I don't think it will ever be dubbed there's always that angle. Likewise for the show Tatsuki worked on after a fallout with Kadokawa led the Kemono Friends sequel to be handled by someone else, Kemurikusa has a chance as it's more likely to appeal to international audiences, but that show just doesn't have the reception to back it up. Lastly, Wataten just doesn't have mass appeal, but it has some appeal and in the right hands, it might get a dub.

Fuhgeddaboudit
    B-Project Climax*Emotion
    BanG! Dream 2nd Season
    Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale
    Dimension High School
    Pastel Memories
    Virtual-san Looking

Pretty obvious why these are here. For B-Project and BanG! Dream, they are sequels to shows with limited marketability and as such, their first seasons were not dubbed. Bermuda Triangle and Pastel Memories are just boring, while Dimension High School and Virtual-san Looking are just too hard to dub to and not worthwhile to even make an attempt at it.
    Last edited by Buckeye; 11-16-2019, 10:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Just announced today, Sentai will be dubbing Kampfer making this the third title announced recently that Sentai is going back to dub after seeing an initial sub-only release with the other two being Love Stage and To-Love-Ru. The dub will presumably come out later this year, but nevertheless it's coming.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    While I would normally do a full season assessment at this time, Sentai is late announcing their Dubcast lineup. So I'll just do an assessment for Sentai shows at this time in terms of receiving a Dubcast while doing the full season assessment shortly after the Dubcastlineup is announced.

Locks
    Real Girl season 2

No explanation needed here.

Very Likely
    Domestic Girlfriend
    Mysteria Friends

Domestic Girlfriend is the most likely show to get a Dubcast as it has been a well-received show so far with intense drama. And for Mysteria Friends, it's tie-in to Rage of Bahamut, short length, and straightforwardness to dub makes it very likely for a Dubcast.

50/50
    Grimms Notes
    The Magnificent Kotobuki
    The Price of Smiles
    W'z

These shows have appeal, albeit without the reception to match them. Fantasy shows are usually a good draw, which is why I have Grimms Notes here, while Kotobuki's draw is the action. Price of Smiles has an intriguing story, while W'z is connected to Hand Shakers, which was dubbed. That said, while they all have something going for them that warrants a dub, these shows haven't exactly been well-received.

Longshot

The only thing in this show's favor is that it's a half-length short. That said, with the humor being hit or miss that I can see this bending either way.

Fuhgeddaboudit
    Bang Dream season 2
    Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale
    Dimension High School
    Pastel Memories

The first season of Bang Dream wasn't dubbed, while Bermuda Triangle and Pastel Memories are terrible shows with a limited audience. Then there's Dimension High School where the live action is just too difficult to dub, at least in a Dubcast environment.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Yeah, they are soon coming. I know that dubs for To Love-Ru and Love Stage are coming and are expected to be released sometime this year. These are shows that came out at a time when Sentai used marketability pretty much as their sole basis for determining which shows got dubs. From that time period, I would say that Pet Girl of Sakurasou, Golden Time, My Teen Romantic Comedy Snafu, Non Non Biyori, and Grisaia are the shows that have the best chances of getting re-released with a dub. We shall see about that, but in the meantime Sentai has yet to announce their dubcast lineup for the season aside from the second season of Real Girl. As soon as that happens, I'll do my usual season assessment to determine what shows are likely going to get dubs from this season.

In the meantime, here are all the dubs from Sentai's solicitations through April (shows considered 2019 dubs are bolded):

Girls' Last Tour
    Land of the Lustrous
    Human Crossing (previously dubbed)
    Kino's Journey (re-release)
    Just Beacuse!
    My Girlfriend is Shobitch
    Parasyte (re-release)
    Saiyuki (re-release)
    Hakumei and Mikochi
    Mitsuboshi Colors

Doreiku (2018 Dubcast)
    Gatchaman (previously dubbed)
    Is It Wrong to Expect a Hot Spring in a Dungeon? (re-release)
    Kokkoku
    Princess Resurrection (re-release)

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    With Funimation having finalized their simuldub lineup that I updated the post. I'll later put up the stuff solicited and premiering upon BD release. As Crunchyroll and Funimation no longer have their partnership that they have separate lists, with the first CR dub being Konosuba.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    started a topic 2019 Dubs List

2019 Dubs List

With 2018 coming to a close pretty soon, it's now time to create a new thread that lists the dubs for 2019. The thread for 2018 was started by someone who is no longer active on the forums, so I took those duties to start this thread. In determining which shows belong in this list, as opposed to belonging to 2018 or 2020, these are the following criteria I have laid down for what constitutes a 2019 dub.
    • For TV series that got a simuldub or dubcast, as well as those whose dubs premiered on Toonami or other TV stations, it is based on the year the first episode came out. So dubs that began in airing in 2019 and continue into 2020 are included. This excludes such shows where the first episode came out in 2018 or earlier and continue into 2019 like A Certain Magical Index III, Megalo Box, Tsurune, and Boruto.
    • For TV series whose dub premiered with the release of the BD, it is based on the scheduled release date of the first volume (if applicable) or when the whole dub (at least up to the episodes in the first volume BD release) is available to stream, whichever comes first. There are some shows that put the first few episodes up for streaming ahead of time, but again it's based on the BD release schedule. Also, if the first volume of the show is released on year and a subsequent part is released in another year, it is listed based on when the first part came out.
    • For movies, it is based on when the dub premiered in theaters. If the movie is not screened, it will go by the BD release schedule.
    So with that, here is a starting list of shows with dubs coming out in 2019.
    Crunchyroll Simuldub:
    Bungo Stray Dogs season 3
    Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?!
    High School Prodigies Have it Easy Even in Another World
    If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
    Isekai Cheat Magician
    Magical Sempai
    Mob Psycho 100 II
    The Rising of the Shield Hero
    To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts

Post-Simulcast:
    Konosuba (season 1)
    Funimation Simuldub:
    Actors: Songs Connection
    Africa Salaryman
    AfterLost
    After School Dice Club
    Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest
    Astra Lost in Space
    Attack on Titan season 3 part 2
    Azur Lane
    BEM
    Boogiepop and Others
    Cautious Hero: The Hero is Overpowered, but Overly Cautious
    A Certain Scientific Accelerator
    Cop Craft
    Date A Live III
    Demon Lord, Retry!
    Dr. Stone
    Endro!
    Ensemble Stars
    Fairy Gone
    Fire Force
    Fruits Basket (2019)
    The Helpful Fox Senko-san
    Hensuki
    How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Can Lift?
    Isekai Quartet
    Kabukicho Sherlock
    Kemono Michi: Rise Up!
    Kochoki
    Kono Oto Tomare! Sounds of Life
    Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These Second
    Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka
    Meiji Tokyo Renka
    Midnight Occult Civil Servants
    Million Arthur
    Miss Caretaker of Sunohara-sou
    Mix
    The Morose Mononokean II
    My Hero Academia Season 4
    The Ones Within
    Radiant season 2
    RobiHachi
    My Roommate is a Cat
    The Quintessential Quintuplets
    Rishii! Ekoda-chan
    Special 7: Special Crime Investigation Unit
    Stand My Heroes: Piece of Truth
    Star Blazers: Battle Spaceship Yamato 2202
    Stars Align
    Strike Witches: 501st Joint Fighter Wing Take Off!
    Wise Man's Grandchild
    Yu-No

Post-Simulcast:
    Lupin III Part V
    Nichijou

Funimation Films
    Code Geass: Lelouch of the Ressurection Movie 1
    Human Lost
    Love Live! Sunshine! Over the Rainbow
    One Piece: Stampede
    Sentai Dubcast:
    Ahiru no Sora
    Ao-chan Can't Study
    Assassins Pride
    Domestic Girlfriend
    Is It Wrong to Try and Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II
    Mysteria Friends
    Real Girl season 2
    Why the Hell are you Here, Teacher?

Premiered Upon BD Release:
    Girls' Last Tour
    Golden Time
    Haikyu! Season 3
    Hakumei and Mikochi
    Just Because!
    Kampfer
    Kokkoku
    Land of the Lustrous
    Love Stage!!
    Mitsuboshi Colors
    My Girlfriend is Shobitch
    My Teen Romantic Comedy Snafu
    Waiting in the Summer

Confirmed and Coming Soon:
    To Love-Ru
    Yamishibai

Sentai Films:
    Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Orion of the Arrow
    Made in Abyss Movie
    Aniplex Cells at Work!
    Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
    Fate/Grand Order: Absolute Demonic Front Babylonia
    The Promised Neverland
    Record of Grancrest War
    Sword Art Online: Alicization
    Netflix 7Seeds
    Aggretsuko season 2
    Cannon Busters
    Carole and Tuesday
    Evangelion (TV Series, Rebirth, and End of Evangelion)
    Forest of Piano season 2
    Ingress
    Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: Battle of Unato
    Kakegurui XX
    Kengan Ashura
    Revisions
    St. Seiya
    Ultraman
    Ultramarine Magmell
    Viz Infini-T Force
    One Punch Man 2
    TV Series:
    Others
    Aria the Natural (Right Stuf)
    Aria the Origination (Right Stuf)
    Blade Runner: Black Lotus (Toonami)
    Emma: A Victorian Romance (Right Stuf)
    Gundam Build Divers (Sunrise)
    The Journey Home (Amazon)
    Kemono Friends (Discotek)
    Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin (Sunrise)
    Rokka: Flowers of the Six Braves (Pony Canyon)
    Movies/OVAs:
    Others
    Millenium Actress (Eleven Arts)
    Penguin Highway (Eleven Arts)
    Promare (GKids)
    This list will continuously be updated as dubs get announced.
    Last edited by Buckeye; 11-25-2019, 11:16 PM.
Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X