Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Fish and Begonia

Widgets Magazine
    Big Fish and Begonia was a huge hit in its native country in China, and recently had a brief theatrical run in America. I don't know if anyone here has seen the film, but if you haven't, please do so. This is a GORGEOUS, richly animated story which is sure to move you emotionally and leave you enchanted. The dub is also extremely well done, provided by the folks at Studiopolis and handled by Jamie Simone. Stephanie Sheh portrays the lead character, Chun, and she does a great job selling her quiet, caring nature, while Johnny Yong Bosch turns in one of his more emotional and heartbreaking performances as her closest friend, Qiu. The entire cast is actually very well done, especially J.B. Blanc as the Lady of Souls (a rather odd casting choice, but I really liked his gravelly voice and delivery), and Todd Haberkorn has a brief cameo at the beginning.

The only issue I have is that the lipsync is a bit iffy at times. I am usually very anal about lip-synching, and it bothers me whenever I see a mouth gaping open when a character isn't saying anything. But the performances are, frankly, so well done that I cannot really carp about that. This is a modern-day classic that I highly recommend, and if you choose to watch it dubbed, you can't go wrong.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X