Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the Other Side

Widgets Magazine
    So I was perusing the Ask a Manager website earlier today, and clicked on the following question that was answered by site owner Alison Green. I will let the opening paragraph help add to the title:

"For a few years, I worked as a voice actor dubbing Japanese anime into English. A few of the shows I dubbed generated rather passionate fan followings. While that was certainly exciting for me as an actor, it also proved troublesome for my ?real world? job working in academic libraries..."

This question and answer reminds of an old post about how while some VAs welcome public interaction, others are more reticent and prefer their privacy. Even assuming that people who do the borderline illegal stuff as outliers (Which they are.), it is a reminder that VA are like any other people, and have boundaries that they want to maintain. Please be mindful and respectful of that, as well as that each person is different, and he or she will have different levels of acceptable compared to anyone and everyone else.

Regards,

C.T.

You never know who you might be walking next to one day - LT Michael P. Murphy, USN, MOH, 28 June 2005 - Penn State Class of 1998

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X