Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From The New World (Shinsekai Yori) Dub

Widgets Magazine
    Okay, so usually I don't ask about the quality of English dubs especially considering a lot of communities have those anti dub people who I wouldn't trust to make constructive criticism if my life depended on it. But I'm really not sure about this one.

I had seen the first two episodes in Japanese a while back so when I bought the show I thought I'd check out the dub of those episodes. It's solid so far (Surprisingly so given this was a bad period for Sentai Filmworks) but the one big complaint I have is that some of the side characters sound a bit stiff and Greg Ayres is a total, total miscast. I've also heard some things about the dub becoming worse towards the end.

If I heard these kinds of things about some dumb harem anime dub I'd probably just brush them off and say 'Hey, it's just some dumb harem show so who cares?' but I've heard a lot of good things about the show and I don't want the experience ruined by a bad dub.

tl;dr: Keeping in mind that this is my first viewing of the show, is it a good idea to continue watching it in English?

Re: From The New World (Shinsekai Yori) Dub

Personally I'm watching the dub in hopes that it'll help the show make more sense (I was heavily confused the when I originally tried to watch some episodes in Japanese, and every time some one tries to explain this show I become horribly lost). So far it's doing a good job.

I agree some of the voices are a little annoying (mostly just Greg Ayres), but I assume that will probably change at some point when the characters grow up to fit their voice actors a little better...? Anyway, I'm not very far along in the show either. Definitely better than your average Sentai dub (I recently suffered through Wizard Barristers which had serious ups and downs).

Comment

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine
    Working...
    X