Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gundam Build Fighters Dub thread

Widgets Magazine
    Figured I'd just start a new thread. According to Nozomi Entertainment, it's the Animax dub of the series:

https://twitter.com/NozomiEnt/status/727954419782848512

This would be the 2nd time in recent times that a home video release has included Animax's dub [Cardcaptor Sakura from NIS America would be the first]

Re: Gundam Build Fighters Dub thread

...Animax dub. I'm assuming that means it's not that good? Haven't heard any HK dubs yet so I dunno.
    My Anime List
    Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

...So they use this Animax dub, but not the one for ZZ? I doubt either are any good, but it's odd to see.
      Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Quite an odd situation to see an Animax dub being used for an American release, but it has happened before and the results are generally not good (though still better than not having a dub at all for shows that don't have the profile to justify a domestic dubbing project). I listened to the clips of Gundam Age and ZZ, and not surprisingly they pale in comparison to anything dubbed in America. If I do get around to watching Build Fighters someday, then I'll at least check out the dub, but it will be on a short leash given how I just don't have high expectations for stuff dubbed overseas.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nene Yoshiro, Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
        Watching: Luck & Logic, Soul Link, Happiness, Toonami Stuff
        Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

If the options were "no new dub" or "no new dub, but we'll include the Animax one", then extra content is always welcome.

If you're not wanting to listen to the Animax dub, the audio button is there for a reason. GBF is a good enough show to enjoy even without a dub, but of course I'm a bit sad it's not getting a new dub (but i am of course realistic that it would make enough to warrant one)
          Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
          Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X