Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love Live! Dub

Widgets Magazine
    The cast list can be found on this subthread in the Cast Announcement Thread. This thread is about the dub itself.

I got my dubbed Season 1 and Season 2 in the mail today and started watching the same night. I do not have access to MNET, so I did not get to watch the first few episodes until I had the Blu-Ray in hand. Initial reactions after watching the first third of Season 1 are:

1) I was hoping that the relatively more serious characters (Umi, Maki, and Eri.) would have deeper voices than the rest of the cast, and the dub was that. Both Kira Buckland (Umi) and Erica Lindbeck (Eri) are good fit for their characters, which is great - except when they start sounding like each other. Caitlin Glass' Maki was more distinctive, which worked very well;

2) Faye Mata's Rin did sound more energetic than the rest of the cast, at least on occasion. Rin's tic of using cat sounds in her speech was present, if less prevalent than in the original Japanese dialogue;

3) The script was...Competent. So far, it has gotten the job done but that is all I can say about it four episodes in.

So far, Love Live! is a fun dub.

Regards,

C.T.
    You never know who you might be walking next to one day - LT Michael P. Murphy, USN, MOH, 28 June 2005 - Penn State Class of 1998

Re: Love Live! Dub

I've listened to all of Season 1 and this is what I think of it so far: http://www.fandompost.com/2016/02/16...sh-dub-review/
    Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
    Scratchy for Tama is angry.
    Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Re: Love Live! Dub

In the middle of watching it still. Really enjoying it so far.

One thing I noticed is that while they made sure pronunciations were correct for the most part, everyone seems to put an emphasis on the second syllable of Kotori's name. It's like the only thing with an unusual pronunciation in the show...

Also, Kotori saying that Honoka "is crap at writing" in Episode 2 was a bit amusing. While I'm not overly critical of things like this, I often find it out-of-character when it happens...
      @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X