Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sengoku Basara Two - Cast Additions

Widgets Magazine
    Hey, guys!... So the folks in Marketing have given me permission to announce the new cast members joining the second season of Sengoku Basara.

Toyotomi Hideyoshi - Christopher R. Sabat
    Takenaka Hanbei - Chris Cason
    Oyamada Nobushige - Scott Freeman
    Miyamoto Musashi - Sean Michael Teague

And, reprising his role from the video game...

Ishida Mitsunari - Troy Baker

Re: Sengoku Basara Two - Cast Additions

Thanks for the info, Chris. The additions look great. I assumed Troy would reprise his role, but it's good to see confirmation. I don't imagine you have any info on when we can expect it?
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Is everyone from the first season reprising their roles in season two?
      Avatar: Superboy from Young Justice.

My MAL Profile, Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by FUNiOP View Post
        Thanks for the info, Chris. The additions look great. I assumed Troy would reprise his role, but it's good to see confirmation. I don't imagine you have any info on when we can expect it?
        Sorry, I'm not sure when the release date is... Keep your eyes on the Funimation blog & convention news, I'm sure info will be coming soon!

Originally posted by deathfromabove1993 View Post
        Yes. We put the band back together!... Everyone who appears in both seasons are played by the same actors (although, not everyone from S1 comes back in S2)... Even Caitlin as Yumekichi (after Brina filled in for her on Episode 13 of Season 1, since Caitlin was in Spain at the time)!

Comment

Originally posted by Bevins View Post
          Yes. We put the band back together!... Everyone who appears in both seasons are played by the same actors (although, not everyone from S1 comes back in S2)... Even Caitlin as Yumekichi (after Brina filled in for her on Episode 13 of Season 1, since Caitlin was in Spain at the time)!
          Folks on the FMA: Brotherhood commentaries had mentioned Caitlin's move, though it kind of sounded like a permanent thing rather than short term. Has she moved back, or were you just able to make the scheduling work out during some visits? Either way, hearing her pop up in more new projects would be great!
          asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
          Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
          Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Sorry, I'm not sure when the release date is... Keep your eyes on the Funimation blog & convention news, I'm sure info will be coming soon!
            Yeah, I figured as much. I'll look forward to it!

Originally posted by deathfromabove1993 View Post
            Oh, good. I was worried that some of the LA actors wouldn't be able to reprise their roles since they had the benefit of recording them there with Taliesin along with their game lines for the first season.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Oh, good. I was worried that some of the LA actors wouldn't be able to reprise their roles since they had the benefit of recording them there with Taliesin along with their game lines for the first season.
              Actually, the game and the series were completely separate productions, recorded several months apart. It was just dumb luck that allowed me the use of (some of) Taliesin's game cast... Taliesin brought me on to help him with script adaptation for Capcom right around the time Funimation announced they'd licensed the series. So, a few months later, as the self-proclaimed "Basara expert," I managed to get the job of scripting (and eventually directing) the anime dub.

Basically, I asked all of the video game cast members that I had contact info for if they'd be interested in reprising their roles. To my surprise and delight, they all said yes. The majority of the LA actors came to Texas to record the series. But due to pesky things like schedule conflicts and smaller line counts, about 20 hours of recording had to be done in LA. So, naturally, I called Taliesin to direct it. If memory serves, he handled all of Tokugawa and Mori, as well as a few episodes for Sarutobi and Kasuga, and some or all of Chosokabe (can't quite remember). Everything else was recorded in good ol' Flower Mound.

Comment

Actually, the game and the series were completely separate productions, recorded several months apart. It was just dumb luck that allowed me the use of (some of) Taliesin's game cast... Taliesin brought me on to help him with script adaptation for Capcom right around the time Funimation announced they'd licensed the series. So, a few months later, as the self-proclaimed "Basara expert," I managed to get the job of scripting (and eventually directing) the anime dub.

Basically, I asked all of the video game cast members that I had contact info for if they'd be interested in reprising their roles. To my surprise and delight, they all said yes. The majority of the LA actors came to Texas to record the series. But due to pesky things like schedule conflicts and smaller line counts, about 20 hours of recording had to be done in LA. So, naturally, I called Taliesin to direct it. If memory serves, he handled all of Tokugawa and Mori, as well as a few episodes for Sarutobi and Kasuga, and some or all of Chosokabe (can't quite remember). Everything else was recorded in good ol' Flower Mound.
                Ah, I knew most of that, but I assumed the recordings in LA were done at the same time. So for the second season, did you have Taliesin record the actors to had to stay in LA again, or could they all make it to Texas this time?
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Glad you guys got most of the cast back for Sengoku Basara Two, I hope Funimation works more with the LA voice talents in the future, because one of my dreams is having Cristina Vee working with Funimation. And even so, it would definitely help if the said voice actor had his/her dubbing equipment at their home (e.g. Vic Mignogna). I'm guessing the hardest part on keeping consistency with voice acting is both geography and union issues (like what happened with the Trigun movie dub). Even so, there are voice actors in LA who work in non-union projects (like those who worked in many of NISA video game dubs).
                  Last edited by Dark Paladin X; 08-16-2011, 11:30 PM.

Comment

well unless funi & la rosters talents can do like talent va exchange or have mini funi hq in la area who knows it might happen?
                    LIVING THE ANIME DREAM
                    ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
                    WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD DECADES
                    MAR-KLAC-VELOUS OF ANIME WORLD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emMKAOgxaU0
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related

Comment

Season 2 trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP-Xfy0EyuA
                      http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com
                      https://www.patreon.com/Jackson_VA_Data

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse