Widgets Magazine

List of Aniplex of America Dubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the announcements of shows going exclusively on Hulu last weekend that I have decided to add tags that indicate where they are streaming. Netflix used to have the majority of their dubs exclusively, but now it looks like Hulu will become the go-to place for them. In any case, I have begun to keep track of where they can be watched.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: The Ohio State University Buckeyes
    Watching: Tylor, Astra Lost in Space, School-Live!, Vanguard
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Just speculating regarding Re:Creators. Looks like it is going to be an Aniplex of America release rather than Sentai/Amazon. Still waiting on their official license announcement though and hopefully a dub/US home video release announcement shortly afterwards.

Some posts from earlier in the summer that are relevant:

https://fandompost.vbulletin.net/for...aging-surfaces

http://www.fandompost.com/2017/06/17...ging-surfaces/

Aniplex of America also promoted the show at Otakon and the director Aoki was there. I was at Crunchyroll Expo this past weekend. Unfortunately, I missed the Aniplex panel due to prior commitments so not sure if it was brought up.

https://twitter.com/aniplexUSA/statu...97070224695297

Bringing in Buckeye's excellent post from the fantasy dub thread since it seemed relevant. Hope you don't mind. Let me know if you do.

"Aniplex of America is poised to officially announce the license for this show pretty soon, and given the amount of enthusiasm at their live panel that I'm pretty sure that it will get a dub. Not to mention, every show that Hiroyuki Sawano did the music for since Aniplex of America started licensing stuff got dubbed as a promising sign. "

https://fandompost.vbulletin.net/for...624#post676624
      Last edited by Hachi-Man; 08-28-2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

With Kiznaiver being announced with a dub that the list has been updated. It is the first title that was in the licensing limbo list to get a dub as it has been 16 months since the show finished and the general rule is that if a show has been over for a year and no solicitation has been made, then it gets moved down to that last list. Seeing that Crunchyroll has the exclusive streaming rights for this show that I'm expecting them to stream it.
        Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
          With Kiznaiver being announced with a dub that the list has been updated. It is the first title that was in the licensing limbo list to get a dub as it has been 16 months since the show finished and the general rule is that if a show has been over for a year and no solicitation has been made, then it gets moved down to that last list. Seeing that Crunchyroll has the exclusive streaming rights for this show that I'm expecting them to stream it.
          I think this show was a special case because this seems to be a joint release between AOA and CR to an extent, or at least the fact that CR was on the production committee for the show influenced the way AOA released it.

Now let's see what happens to High School Fleet

Comment

It has been awhile since I last updated this list, but nevertheless it's current to the best of my knowledge, Granblue Fantasy has been announced for a dub as the latest news. Also, I added Persona 5 TV and Cells at Work to the TBD list, and while I can expect Aniplex to announced SAO Alternative soon, for now they don't have it. While Aniplex didn't dub the P5 special, I can see the TV series being a different story if it translates well from the game like how the P4 did with the original series, but if it ends up being bad like Golden, then all bets are off. At this time, no shows are in danger of being moved to the last tier, and the next show that could be there is Eromanga-sensei should it not be solicited by the end of Anime Expo.

Comment

Here is a quick rundown of the shows by season since the Spring 2017 since I didn't get around to updating this until just now with the latest news being Blend S getting a sub-only release:

Spring 2017
              Granblue Fantasy: Dubbed
              Eromanga-sensei: Sub Only

Summer 2017
              Fate/Apocrypha: Dubbed
              Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu: Dubbed

Hell Girl Fourth Twilight: TBD (definitely not getting a dub, and it's a longshot that it even gets released)

Fall 2017
              Blend S: Sub Only
              March Comes in Like a Lion season 2: Dubbed
              Our Love is 10cm Apart: TBD

Winter 2018
              Fate/Extra Last Encore: Dubbed
              Record of Grancrest War: TBD
              Slow Start: TBD

Spring 2018
              Persona 5: TBD
              Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online: TBD

Summer 2018
              Cells at Work!: TBD
              Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs: TBD

Fall 2018 and Beyond
              Sword Art Online: Alicization: Dubbed
              As Miss Beelzebub Likes It: TBD
              Dakaretai Otoko No. 1 ni Odosarete Imasu: TBD
              Seishun Buto Yarou: TBD
              Demon Slayer: TBD
              The Promised Neverland: TBD

Note: For the last list, only SAO Alicization is officially licensed, while the rest are expected to be picked up by Aniplex at some point in the near future.

So looking at all the TBD titles, I definitely don't see dubs happening for Hell Girl, the Honeyworks shows, Slow Start, and Yuuna, while GGO and Cells at Work are pretty much shoo-ins for a dub. As for Persona 5 and Grancrest, it's pretty much a coin flip with those two as while they have the draw, those shows have been massive disappointments. I think they will both get dubs when all is said and done, but the confidence level is much lower. And then there is Re:Creators, which Aniplex hasn't updated us for quite awhile seeing that they are acting as if they do have it, but being exclusive to Amazon is complicating things seeing that Aniplex of America generally only licenses shows if they have control over the streaming rights.

Comment

Today at their Anime NYC panel, Grancrest War, SAO Alternative: GGO, and I Want to Eat Your Pancreas are getting dubs, while they also licensed Black Butler, which was dubbed by Funimation and will have a re-release by Aniplex.

So looking forward, the next shows up for dubs should be Cells at Work! and Persona 5, and while Cells should be getting it, I'm not sure about Persona 5 seeing that Aniplex hasn't dubbed anything from the Persona franchise themselves (the only dubbed show from this series was Persona 4 by Sentai). Rascal Does Not Dream should be getting a dub since it's well-received, but there's the marketability factor involved. Slow Start, Yuuna, and Dakaichi, those three shows most definitely will not get dubs.

Comment

The root post has been updates as Promised Neverland and Cells at Work! are the latest Aniplex show to get a dub. Since it has been over a year now since the show finished and no word about a home video release that Slow Start has been moved to the last category. We should be hearing at AX whether Persona 5 will be dubbed or not as while the game is popular, the anime series itself was a bust providing arguments for both sides of the coin.

Comment

I have been getting lazy here, but I just updated the Aniplex of America dubs list. Demon Slayer, FGO, and Cells at Work got dubs since the last time I updated it, while Bunny Girl Senpai and Kaguya-sama are sub-only releases. Seeing that a year has passed since Persona 5 and Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs finished up and no solicitation is in sight that they are put into the purgatory list. Should no announcement come for Dakaichi come by the end of this year, that's going into that list as well. I also put the shows I anticipate Aniplex will be licensing from the Winter 2020, and while 22/7 and Magia Record have been confirmed, Darwin's Game and Uchi Tama still have yet to be officially announced.

Comment

Just updated the list again as Kaguya-sama is now getting a dub from Funimation, while Millionaire Detective is also going to get a simuldub. It used to be that Aniplex outsourced everything to Bang Zoom, but now they are tapping into the Dallas studios now that Sony at the top owns both Aniplex and Funimation. Seeing that Aniplex went back to give Kaguya-sama a dub through Funimation after releasing the BDs sub-only that I'm thinking that there are a few shows they could go back and give dubs to.

So looking at that list, the shows with the best chances of getting dubbed should Funimation take them on are Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl-Senpai, Nisekoi, The Irregular at Magic High School, and the Monogatari series with the last one being the least likely due to its length and difficulty. Each thing has at least one thing working against them as Bunny Girl-Senpai was just released (though given that Funimation is dubbing Kaguya-sama despite it being recently released on BD that anything's possible), interest for Nisekoi just fell off the cliff after the second season, Mahouka is quite polarizing to say the least, and the aforementioned length and difficulty for the Monogatari series. Anyway, one thing I will keep my attention on is if Funimation will go back and dub the first season and movie for Mahouka as well as simuldub the second season this summer as this is something that ended up being re-released.

Comment

It has been quite a long time since I last updated this list, but things have changed quite a lot since then as Aniplex is now turning to Funimation for dubs taking advantage of their partnership through Sony. And because of the pandemic, I can expect titles to take longer than usual to get released as it's happening with Persona 5 and Lord El-Melloi, which are both getting dubs, so for now no new titles will go on the last list. So here's the license list starting with the Winter 2020 season:

Winter 2020
                        Darwin's Game: Dubbed (by Funimation)
                        Magia Record: Dubbed

22/7: TBD
                        Uchitama: Have You Seen My Tama: TBD

Spring 2020
                        Kaguya-sama: Love is War season 2: Dubbed (by Funimation)

Summer 2020
                        The Millionaire Detective Balance:Unlimited: Dubbed (by Funimation)
                        The Misfit of Demon King Academy: Dubbed
                        Super HxEros: Dubbed (by Funimation)
                        Sword Art Online: Alicization War of Underworld: Dubbed (premieres on Toonami)

Fall 2020
                        The Day I Became a God: Dubbed (by Funimation)
                        The Irregular at Magic High School: Visitors Arc: Dubbed (by Funimation)
                        Warlords of Sigrdrifa: Dubbed (by Funimation)

Hypnosis Mic: TBD

At this time, only the second seasons of Kaguya-sama and Mahouka are getting dubbed, and I would have to think that Funimation will go back and dub their first seasons as soon the dub crew gets the go-ahead to return to the studios and resume normal operations since they have quite a big backlog after licensing so many shows this season, and they are obviously not going to get to all of them.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine
                        Working...
                        X