Widgets Magazine

Funimation Broadcast Dubs Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep. Looks like they did not dub the rapping by the male trio in the middle of the episode (but the cop's English voice actor got some rhymes in) and the event the girls had. It's all in Japanese. Hopefully, they'll surprise us like they did with Show By Rock, where they eventually dubbed some of the songs, including the OP and ED. Otherwise, why cast these particular ladies? Only explanation is that licensors said no, or FUNi doesn't have the clean version (I forget the term where the voiceover is removed).
    @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

• Originally posted by Asrialys View Post
      Yep. Looks like they did not dub the rapping by the male trio in the middle of the episode (but the cop's English voice actor got some rhymes in) and the event the girls had. It's all in Japanese. Hopefully, they'll surprise us like they did with Show By Rock, where they eventually dubbed some of the songs, including the OP and ED. Otherwise, why cast these particular ladies? Only explanation is that licensors said no, or FUNi doesn't have the clean version (I forget the term where the voiceover is removed).
      Yeah, not hearing the English VAs rap is a disappointment. I so wanted to hear it. I guess I'll have to wait for the Blurays,
      Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

• Now that all of the simuldubs for this season have started, here's the confirmed list of directors for the shows:

Ace Attorney season 2 - Kyle Phillips
        Black Clover - Cris George
        A Certain Magical Index III - Jerry Jewell
        Conception - Alexis Tipton
        Double Decker! - Mike McFarland
        Fairy Tail (2018) - Kyle Phillips
        Goblin Slayer - Tabitha Ray
        Golden Kamuy season 2 - Jeremy Inman
        Hinomaru Sumo - Cris George
        Radiant - Caitlin Glass
        RErideD - Caitlin Glass
        That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime - Cliff Chapin
        Tokyo Ghoul:re - Mike McFarland
        Senran Kagura: Shinovi Master - Kristen McGuire
        Space Battleship Tiramisu II - Jeremy Inman
        SSSS.Gridman - Cliff Chapin
        Ulysses - Anthony Bowling
        Zombie Land Saga - Jad Saxton

This season saw a couple of changes as Tyler Walker is now a full-time script writer, meaning that he hands off the directorial duties to Kyle Phillips for the final season of Fairy Tail, and Kristen McGuire takes over for Jerry Jewell in directing the Senran Kagura sequel.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Haru, My Roommate is a Cat
        Watching: And Yet the Town Moves, Super Sonico, Hayate the Combat Butler season 2, Toonami Stuff
        Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• With Funimation's simuldub lineup announced, it's time I do my usual ADR Director prediction.

Confirmed
          Ace Attorney Season 2 - Kyle Phillips
          Black Clover - Cris George
          A Certain Magical Index III - Jerry Jewell
          Fairy Tail Final Season - Kyle Phillips
          Hinomaru Sumo - Cris George
          The Morose Mononokean II - Brittany Landa
          Radiant - Caitlin Glass
          Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2202 - Jerry Jewell
          That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime - Cliff Chapin
          Mob Psycho 100 - Chris Cason (Bang Zoom)
          The Rising of the Shield Hero - Julie Maddalena (Bang Zoom)

New Shows
          Boogiepop and Others - Mike McFarland
          Date A Live III - Jerry Jewell
          Endro! - Jad Saxton
          Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka - Jeremy Inman
          My Roommate is a Cat - Anthony Bowling
          The Quintessential Quintuplets - Caitlin Glass
          Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan - Jeremy Inman

Lots of directors are already confirmed as this season has lots of shows continuing from last season, as well as a good number of sequels. Jerry Jewell has his hands full dubbing three shows on the simuldub schedule, though one of them is all finished up and is part of the simuldub catalog.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Haru, My Roommate is a Cat
          Watching: And Yet the Town Moves, Super Sonico, Hayate the Combat Butler season 2, Toonami Stuff
          Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X